inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Beer For My Reindeer

Written By: Mushroom on 12/09/06 at 9:14 am

Please be kind, this is the first parody I have posted in here.

To be sung to "Beer For My Horses", by Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

For those that want to sing it Karaoke style, here is a link to the music in MIDI format

http://www.hanel-m.de/toby_keith_beer_for_my_horses.mid

Beer For My Reindeer

Grand pappy told my pappy back in my day, son
A boy had to answer to Santa for the things he

Subject: Re: Beer For My Reindeer

Written By: Jack Wilson on 12/09/06 at 10:33 am

Thats pretty good, ya might wanna check this out too

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/tobykeithwillienelson0.shtml

Written By: spaceace on 12/09/06 at 10:59 am

Dear Santa,  This year for Christmas I want to write cool parodies like my friend Mushroom. 8)

Written By: Mushroom on 12/09/06 at 11:49 am

Dear Santa,  This year for Christmas I want to write cool parodies like my friend Mushroom. 8)

Awwww, she called me her friend!  *tear in eye*

Actually, the shop where I work is in a constant "radio war".  It is really 2 shops combined, with my side fixing and selling computers, and the other fixing motorcycles.  Between the two, there are 4 different "radio zones".

In the front of my shop, the owner and manager listen to country music.  In the back, I listen to Classic Rock.  In the front of the bike shop, they listen to contemporary rock.  In the back of the bike shop, they listen to rap.

A few days ago, I was helping a customer in the front, and heard "Beer for my horses" on the radio.  Within a few minutes, I found myself singing "Whiskey for my elves, beer for my reindeer", since I thought that a Christmas version should have been made.  The rest I more or less threw together in about 15 minutes.

Little did I know that somebody beat me to it, but I am not really surprised either.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/10/06 at 7:58 pm

Very good, Mushroom! I did have a bit of trouble following you lyrics to TOS (The Original Song), and I think the first verse is missing, but it's funny, so I'd give you a 454.

You ought to submit it to AmIRight.

Check for new replies or respond here...