inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It bothers me no end!

Written By: MLB on 12/22/06 at 12:28 am

It irks me immensely that the ad for wireless or something is parodying Rock the Casbah with Stop the Catbox and singing the chorus....the sheep don't like it.  I guess Mick and the boys must need the money to give away rights like that.  But it still drives me crazy because it's not just a tv advert it's also on radio!!! :P

Subject: Re: It bothers me no end!

Written By: Step-chan on 12/22/06 at 1:47 pm

It irks me immensely that the ad for wireless or something is parodying Rock the Casbah with Stop the Catbox and singing the chorus....the sheep don't like it.   I guess Mick and the boys must need the money to give away rights like that.  But it still drives me crazy because it's not just a tv advert it's also on radio!!! :P

Is Mick the lead singer of The Clash?

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/22/06 at 9:00 pm

It irks me immensely that the ad for wireless or something is parodying Rock the Casbah with Stop the Catbox and singing the chorus....the sheep don't like it.  I guess Mick and the boys must need the money to give away rights like that.  But it still drives me crazy because it's not just a tv advert it's also on radio!!! :P

I have yet to see it, but recently did an interview with a paper about misheard lyrics as a result of that commercial... so it has produced a little good in the world in my opinion... plus it may end up attracting more people to the site.  I did notice traffic was up on amIright and but not my other sites, so that may be a reason.

Written By: skittlesking on 12/22/06 at 10:08 pm

For what it's worth--the songs I submitted as recordings are also up in listens--so the traffic is up, so is the interest. . .keep it up!  (PS if you got my two emails-the one about removing the two broken links that I submitted--please ignore it, they are working fine now--may have been downtime on Soundclick)

Check for new replies or respond here...