inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AmIRight Parody Channel on Soundclick, 13 Parodists and Counting!!

Written By: skittlesking on 01/15/07 at 3:44 pm

http://www.badave.com/images/amiright.jpg
Come Join us on the AmIRight Parody Station and at badave.com  Start recording your parodies or ask me for help--I'm more than happy to help with the creation of background music or even vocals, just contact me via PM. . .

Here's The Station, WE NEED MUSIC. . . .
http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=karaokedavid82&content=station&id=500679

Featuring 13 Parody Artists and Counting. . .
   Below Average Dave (5 Songs)
   Jeff Reuben (1 Song)
   Josh2 (2 Songs)
   Kristof Robertson (2 Songs)
   Luke Brattoni (4 Songs)
   Matthias (1 Song)
   Merry & Pippin (5 Songs)
   Nuclear Bubble Wrap (5 Songs)
   Phil Alexander (5 Songs)
   Rick Cormier (5 Songs)
   Red Ant (1 Song)
   Rocksann (1 Song)
   Vocally Challenged (5 Songs)
Let's Keep Growing!!!

Subject: Re: Anyone on Soundclick.com?

Written By: EthanM on 01/15/07 at 4:08 pm

I  submitted the lyrics to the parody that I recorded and linked to my soundclick homepage. I'll record another song when I get a chance, but my house was too crowded today.

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 01/15/07 at 6:36 pm

Great idea david!

I've only got 2 songs on my page at the moment...do I have to wait until I hit 5?
Let me know.....

Anyways, here's my page:

www.soundclick.com/kristofrobertson

Good luck getting recruits!

Written By: skittlesking on 01/15/07 at 6:43 pm

No, 2 is Great!!  Your Added, if you ever do any others let me know. . .Thank You!

Written By: Meriadoc on 01/16/07 at 7:49 pm

We have a few recorded there. The earlier ones are just sung over the OS recordings, but some of the later ones we found karaoke tracks for...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=200187

I leave you all to decide which 5 are the best... :-)

Written By: skittlesking on 01/16/07 at 7:55 pm

Will do, welcome and thanks. . .as we grow, if we listen to the station once every few days, we will all benefit. . .They will be added over the course of the next hour. . .as I pick from your selections.  Done--I've chosen 5, although I'll keep an eye on the "Recordings" section of the site for your future work, or you can just inform me on this thread so I can keep your most recent works fresh on the station.

Written By: Meriadoc on 01/16/07 at 11:03 pm

Will do, welcome and thanks. . .as we grow, if we listen to the station once every few days, we will all benefit. . .They will be added over the course of the next hour. . .as I pick from your selections.  Done--I've chosen 5, although I'll keep an eye on the "Recordings" section of the site for your future work, or you can just inform me on this thread so I can keep your most recent works fresh on the station.

Just curious - which five did you pick?  :)

Subject: Re: Soundclick.com Parody Channel, 4 Parodists and Counting!!

Written By: skittlesking on 01/16/07 at 11:09 pm

Fifty Ways to Piss Off PETA

Does the Lava Flow or Secrete

Stuck with my Own Superglue

Parc at Venton

Choosing my Religion

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 01/17/07 at 6:38 am

I've just checked out the station, Dave....it's brilliant! I did notice, however, that my contributions are the only ones with parental advisory warnings! (eeeek). Note to self: must record something kiddie-friendly next time..... :D

Written By: skittlesking on 01/17/07 at 7:10 am

LOL--Kristof, I occassionally have those two, I alternate which songs are on the station, so now and then your songs won't be alone on that note:)

Written By: philbo on 01/17/07 at 9:03 am

OK, sign me up...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=126459

Five to recommend:
BJ
I Will Survive
The Genome Song
Mend My PC
The Devil Wend Down To Springfield

...now, how to remember to have the station playing in the background when I'm not at the PC ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/17/07 at 10:56 am

I think it's a good idea too, I linked to the soundclick channel on the front page of the site.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/18/07 at 10:53 am

OK, sign me up...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=126459

Five to recommend:
BJ
I Will Survive
The Genome Song
Mend My PC
The Devil Wend Down To Springfield

...now, how to remember to have the station playing in the background when I'm not at the PC ;)

Sorry about the station delay, but WELCOME TO THE STATION!!,  that's 5 artists, but I think we have more around here. . .

Written By: skittlesking on 01/18/07 at 10:55 am

I think it's a good idea too, I linked to the soundclick channel on the front page of the site.

Thank you Chucky. . .It's going well so far, the station had 7 listens on it's first day, which isn't half bad, but as it grows and all of the artists involved and supporters listen--parodies will continue to improve in the charts, helping AmIRight and the popularity of the genre.

Subject: Re: Soundclick.com Parody Channel, 5 Parodists and Counting!!

Written By: EthanM on 01/18/07 at 4:13 pm

My song just jumped a hundred chart positions from just a handful (almost) of listens. A few more days of that sort of improvement would put it in great shape.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/18/07 at 4:31 pm

Day 1 Results

After one day of our new station, here's what happened

Below Average Dave's highest ranked song moved from 102nd to 97th (Up 5)

Kristof Robertson's highest ranked song moved from 243rd to 218th (Up 25)

Phil Alexander's highest ranked song moved from 231st to 223rd (Up 8)

Vocally Challenged's highest ranked song moved up from 358th to 254th (Up 104)

Merry & Pippin's highest ranked song moved up from 452nd to 259th (Up 193)

That's great progress. . .For those who wonder, there are over 14,500 listed comedy songs. . .1,350 of them were ranked yesterday (which means that many had at least one listen over the past week) 

Written By: Meriadoc on 01/18/07 at 11:18 pm

Fifty Ways to Piss Off PETA

Does the Lava Flow or Secrete

Stuck with my Own Superglue

Parc at Venton

Choosing my Religion

Good picks - thank you! And thanks for this great idea for boosting our songs - 193 points in one day - wow!

I am listening to the station now - first chance I could get to it, but will try to tune in everyday...

Merry :)

Written By: skittlesking on 01/18/07 at 11:27 pm

Good picks - thank you! And thanks for this great idea for boosting our songs - 193 points in one day - wow!

I am listening to the station now - first chance I could get to it, but will try to tune in everyday...

Merry :)

Thank You, and I too will listen everyday--Chucky is helping us too, he's been promoting it and I will be devoting a site to AmIRight Recording artists soon--I hope to help get more parodists recording. . .I am very thankful to have found this site and such a great community (over 500 parodists) united on the genre.

Written By: Meriadoc on 01/18/07 at 11:54 pm

Howcum Ethan hasn't submitted his recording of K-Mart? I love his K-Mart! :-D

Written By: EthanM on 01/19/07 at 12:14 am

k-mart's been deleted, and i'm not sure if i have a copy. Honestly, I got a bit tired of k-mart and i haven't un-tired of it yet.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/19/07 at 1:01 am

Day 2 Wasn't as eventful as Day 1, but three out of five artists moved up. . .

Below Average Dave's Top Song slipped 14 spots from 97th to 111th

Kristof Robertsons' Top Song jumped 30 spots from 218th to 188th

Phil Alexander's Top Song also hit the top 200, moving up 24 spots from 223rd to 199th

Merry & Pippin's Top Song bumped up another 13, from 259th to 246th

Vocally Challenged's Top Song was consistant, slipping one slot from 254th to 255th

Well, not really an -off- day so to speak considering overall the artists involved did move up, but lets keep on moving up!  No new artists today, I know you guys are out there.

Written By: karen on 01/19/07 at 3:47 am

I've been listening to it but I'm not registered with soundclick.  It looks like I have to be to vote on the songs.  Is that what the ranking is based on or just on how many times it is listened?

Written By: philbo on 01/19/07 at 4:13 am

I believe it 's a bit of both, Karen: certainly the charts position seems to correlate with the number of times a song is listened to over the previous week (so either the votes sit on top of that, or there's also a correlation between song "listens" and votes, which would make sense, too).

But you can always register, anyway: it's free, and soundclick don't bombard you with junk mail (I don't get any regular email from them at all).

Written By: EthanM on 01/19/07 at 12:43 pm

I uploaded another song, which was probably the highest quality of all my old recordings. And no, it's not K-mart.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/19/07 at 8:35 pm

It's based primarily on listens, votes are added to that in addition to listens, but mainly listens as they don't require registration.  Ethan, I'll add it tonight:)

Subject: Re: AmIRight Parody Channel on Soundclick, 5 Parodists and Counting!!

Written By: skittlesking on 01/20/07 at 7:08 am

Day 3 was a great day. . .Thank you everyone, it's working, we need more artists still, but yesterday--big moves.

Below Average Dave's highest song Moved Up 5 Spots from 111th to 106th

Phil Alexander's top song jumped 45 Spots from 199th to 154th

Kristof Robertson's top song jumped 21 Spots from 188th to 167th

Merry & Pippin's top song jumped 47 spots from 246th to 199th

Vocally Challeneged jumped up 37 spots from 255th to 218th

Subject: Re: AmIRight Parody Channel on Soundclick, 6 Parodists and Counting!!

Written By: skittlesking on 01/21/07 at 10:27 pm

Oops, a slip of a day, only 2 station listens yesterday and it hurt the ranks--the new guy-Josh2 does not have his songs set up for the charts, however here are the other 5 in rank order as usual

Below Average Dave (Pizza Night) ranked 123rd today (Down 17)

Phil Alexander (I Will Survive) ranked 166th today (Down 12)

Kristof Robertson (Hookers at my Front Door) ranked 189th (Down 22)

Merry and Pippin (Fifty Ways to Piss off Peta) Ranked 201st (Down 2)

Vocally Challenged (Yogurt in Bed) Ranked 233rd (Down 15)

Written By: skittlesking on 01/25/07 at 8:27 am

Figured I'd Give an Update

Since my last update. . .

Below Average Dave hit 66th today with South Park

Phil Alexander's I Will Survive Dieting sits at 157th

Vocally Challenged's Yogurt in Bed is at 214th

Merry & Pippin's Fifty Ways to Piss of PETA is in 256th

Kristof Robertson does not appear to be on the charts, nor is Josh2

Guys, the station's listens are tappering a bit, I think there is more support out there than this for the idea, in fact I know there is, one listen whenever you can to the station will help support our recording efforts and help us continue to climb in the charts. . . .just last week we had no songs in the top 100 between the five of us and only one in the top 200, well neither of those are true anymore. . .however this station is part of a big puzzle on how to dethrone crap on Soundclick, well crap still dominates, the highest parody on Soundclick is in 8th on the Comedy Charts, and it is by The Caca Man (Nasty Crap). . .when you have time, we invite you to listen, if you are a parodist recording, we invite you to join us (just reply like the other have), and if you are really adventourous you could eat at the new chinese place down the street while you listen
http://www.badave.com/images/amiright.jpg

Written By: jreuben on 01/25/07 at 9:54 am

Just came across this, I'd love to join if you'll have me  :)

Written By: Peregrin on 01/25/07 at 3:27 pm

The more the merrier, Jeff :)

Open invite  :D

Written By: weirdojace on 01/25/07 at 5:54 pm

Hey, put me in there!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=341421

Written By: Josh2 on 01/25/07 at 6:02 pm

how od i make it so im on the charts?

Written By: skittlesking on 01/25/07 at 7:11 pm

We'll have you :) as Merry & Pippin stated, open invite to AmIRight recording artists, as soon as you are set up let me know.

Weirdojace, welcome to the station, I'll add you shortly.

Josh2, It should be the default setting let me see if I can't find something on that for you on Soundclick, this is the first I've seen of Kristof's songs not ranking either, but I've never seen yours in the charts, so I'm wondering why that's happening. . .I'll see what I can find out. . .may have to email support@soundclick.com on that one though. . .it SHOULD automatically include ya.  The only thing I can see is that if no one has heard your song over the past 8 days it won't be in the charts, however I've heard both your songs once a day for three days straight, and the station has had a number of hits. . .you didn't make them 'retired from charts' at any point did you?  You may have to try deleting them and reposting. . .but before drastic measures I'd contact Soundclick and see if they can tell you anything, they are very fast responders.

Written By: Red Ant on 01/25/07 at 7:17 pm

I may soon have some recordings provided I can get decent backing tracks. Any help there would be appreciated (perhaps Dave can post a thread on recording "how to").

I just rapped "Prove Yourself" while listening to TOS. I thought writing rap parodies was hard... singing them is even harder. My vocal track, albeit with extremely limited modifications (a little reverb and chorus), is FAR from perfect. I'm going to install my Music Maker 11 this weekend and see if I can't make something that someone might actually want to hear!

Written By: weirdojace on 01/25/07 at 7:23 pm

Cool, I've been added! Thanks!

I should have a few new parodies recorded shortly, too.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/25/07 at 7:23 pm

Hey, put me in there!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=341421

Wonka's Door was my first choice. . .

We Didn't Watch the Trailer was my second choice. . .

I Cannot Sing was my third choice. . .

Tender Love Ballad was my fourth choice

and finally

Don't Steal this Song was my fifth choice

Anytime you want to change your "5 songs" let me know. . .any song of yours that makes the top 20 on Soundclick.com Comedy Charts Overall will be entered as permanent rotation and will not count towards your five. . .let me know anytime you update, I rotate my songs daily and don't post about it because of the frequency. . .welcome Artist Number 7

Written By: skittlesking on 01/25/07 at 7:23 pm

I may soon have some recordings provided I can get decent backing tracks. Any help there would be appreciated (perhaps Dave can post a thread on recording "how to").

I just rapped "Prove Yourself" while listening to TOS. I thought writing rap parodies was hard... singing them is even harder. My vocal track, albeit with extremely limited modifications (a little reverb and chorus), is FAR from perfect. I'm going to install my Music Maker 11 this weekend and see if I can't make something that someone might actually want to hear!

Sure be'd glad too.

Subject: Re: AmIRight Parody Channel on Soundclick, 8 Parodists and Counting!!

Written By: skittlesking on 01/26/07 at 12:09 am

You guys responded to the teetering of stats with force. . .My top song yesterday had 32 listens. . .as a whole my songs had 162 listens, the charts haven't been posted yet, but considering South Park had hit 66th the day with less than half that. . .I'm curious to see what happened.  We keep supporting this station like that, and AmIRIght Parodies will be atop the Comedy Charts in no time.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/26/07 at 11:28 am

Alright Heading to work, but yesterday was a GREAT day for the station, keep it up guys, this is fantastic!!!

Below Average Dave Hit the Top 50, South Park moved from 66th to 43rd (Up 23 Spots)

Nucelar Bubble Wrap debuted today with Emo Song  at 119th (Starting point on station)

Phil Alexander's I Will Survive Dieting went from 157th to 146th (Up 13 Spots)

Vocally Challenged jumped from 214th to 190th (Up 24 Spots)

Kristof Robertson appears to be back on the charts where he belongs, he's in 243rd

Merry & Pippin Moved up from 256th to 246th (Up 10 Spots) with Fifty Ways to Piss off Peta

Jeff Reuban debuted today, but his song did not get approved until after the daily chart deadline

Josh2 is still not listed on the charts, but that is being researched. 

That means we have a song in the top 50!  It means we have 4 in the top 200, and NO ONE is below 250th at the moment, you guys know how to support your artists, let's see if we can't keep it going!!

Written By: EthanM on 01/26/07 at 12:04 pm

I haven't heard Josh2's recordings yet, but the files are very small. That could mean that they're too short to qualify for the charts.

Written By: Josh2 on 01/26/07 at 4:34 pm

could it be something to do with the licensing stuff? i said yes people can use it but not change it or something

would that make a difference?

Written By: Red Ant on 01/26/07 at 5:27 pm

Alright Heading to work, but yesterday was a GREAT day for the station, keep it up guys, this is fantastic!!!

Below Average Dave Hit the Top 50, South Park moved from 66th to 43rd (Up 23 Spots)

Nucelar Bubble Wrap debuted today with Emo Song  at 119th (Starting point on station)

Phil Alexander's I Will Survive Dieting went from 157th to 146th (Up 13 Spots)

Vocally Challenged jumped from 214th to 190th (Up 24 Spots)

Kristof Robertson appears to be back on the charts where he belongs, he's in 243rd

Merry & Pippin Moved up from 256th to 246th (Up 10 Spots) with Fifty Ways to Piss off Peta

Jeff Reuban debuted today, but his song did not get approved until after the daily chart deadline

Josh2 is still not listed on the charts, but that is being researched. 

That means we have a song in the top 50!  It means we have 4 in the top 200, and NO ONE is below 250th at the moment, you guys know how to support your artists, let's see if we can't keep it going!!

I listened to most of those songs last night.  ;)

I tried to find Nuclear Bubble Wrap's parodies on AmiRight and came up with nada... have they been submitted in text form?

Written By: EthanM on 01/26/07 at 5:34 pm

I think that a lot of those weren't submitted to amiright

The song I recorded today hasn't been submitted to amiright yet, but I might submit it soon.

Written By: weirdojace on 01/26/07 at 7:37 pm

I listened to most of those songs last night.  ;)

I tried to find Nuclear Bubble Wrap's parodies on AmiRight and came up with nada... have they been submitted in text form?

I submitted a lot of them as recordings instead of text. But I can add all my parodies in text form if I need to.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/26/07 at 8:04 pm

I think Nuclear Bubble Wrap submitted them as recordings, but not as text. . .as long as they are somewhere here on AmIRight. . .I'm ok with it, but the lyrics being there would be cool as many of the songs I've placed on the station are also now getting attention in their text variations from an information standpoint.

Josh2---Mine are also freely availble with the same CC license as yours, and all of mine are elligible.

I would contact support@soundclick.com and ask, unless the files are less than 1.25mb that would disqualify them. . .Soundclick.com doesn't chart songs that are less than 1.25mb in size.  But I don't think yours are that small-small but not that small.

Written By: EthanM on 01/26/07 at 8:07 pm

They were under 1.25 MB...that would do it

Written By: skittlesking on 01/26/07 at 8:29 pm

Oh--well that explains everything. . .yeah, the songs have to be 1.25 mb to be charted, obviously from my standpoint--they can be any size to appear on my station. . .I will see if I can't touch up your files and make them a little bigger for ya.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/26/07 at 8:58 pm

could it be something to do with the licensing stuff? i said yes people can use it but not change it or something

would that make a difference?

Josh2 Check your email, I ran your songs through my Creative Wave Studio and upped their volume, got rid of the air time, and tried to work a little on clearing. . .It got them both up over the 3mb mark which means if you upload them to replace your current versions, they will start charting.

Written By: EthanM on 01/26/07 at 9:18 pm

I submitted the lyrics to the recording that I did today to amiright...now I've got two recordings on Soundclick that aren't on the station yet.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/26/07 at 10:05 pm

Not Anymore  :D

Written By: skittlesking on 01/26/07 at 10:44 pm

Josh2, I can't email you, your email addy is not working. . .I have your parodies ready for you, if you get them before the charts are down around 2am you can be in tomorrows charts. . .just let me know how to get them to you and then you can reupload them with their new size and volume.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/26/07 at 11:52 pm

I'm in a state of awestruck right now. . .I'm not sure what's going on but my song South Park, which as I said yesterday became my first top 50. . .actually topped it's total yesterday, it had 42 listens (Yesterday my top song had 32, but South Park had 26 listens. . .and 12 downloads. . .that's an increase of 16 listens. . .the station only had a few listens so something somewhere is sending people to that song.  Every Call I Make hit 20, Squinting in the Dark had 18. . .I am having trouble believing that my songs are suddenly performing like this. . .but I am so happy that I am thinking about changing my band name. . .oh wait, but the name is part of the charm of the music. . .ok . ..but seriously thank you guys for your continued support.  The site is a little ahead of schedule, so the 1st of next month should not be a problem. . .later today (or tonight) I will post how the songs performed on Soundclick.com's charts as I am too tired to wait for them tonight.  See you guys later, keep checking out the station whenever you get a chance. . .It IS working. . .Chucky said something about putting it on the navigation bar possibly, if he does that then this station could really start rocking too. . .I'll talk to you guys again later, night night.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/27/07 at 7:26 am

Getting Ready for Work, Station did ok yesterday, some songs improved, som dipped. . .here's overall results, of course Josh2 we are still working on, we know why his song's aren't charting. . .but all others are. . .

Below Average Dave  was in 43rd, went up to 32nd (Up 11)

Nuclear Bubble Wrap was in 119th, slipped to 127th (Dn 8)

Phil Alexander was in 146th, upped to 143rd (Up 3)

Vocally Challenged was in 190th, slipped to 211th (Dn 21)

Kristof Robertson was in 243rd, jumped to 214th (Up  29)

Merry & Pippin was in 246th, jumped to 226th (Up 20)

Jeff Reuben was not ranked yesterday, debuted at 448th (-)

I have to get going to work, but good listening today, and good recording. . .let's keep marching for those who have a moment to listen to the station.  Thank You:) -Dave

Written By: lpg_unit on 01/27/07 at 8:13 pm

I also have a Soundclick site, but I still have to record some songs of my own - a couple of RNB, rap, pop, and some parodies of songs from the Philippines, like "256", a computer/geek-themed parody of Rivermaya's "214", and "Itapon Ka Sa Bintana" (english: Throw You Out The Window), a parody of Parokya Ni Edgar's "Gitara" (english: Guitar). I know you guys haven't heard of these, but don't worry, they're funny indeed...

http://www.soundclick.com/porkshake

Written By: skittlesking on 01/27/07 at 8:25 pm

I also have a Soundclick site, but I still have to record some songs of my own - a couple of RNB, rap, pop, and some parodies of songs from the Philippines, like "256", a computer/geek-themed parody of Rivermaya's "214", and "Itapon Ka Sa Bintana" (english: Throw You Out The Window), a parody of Parokya Ni Edgar's "Gitara" (english: Guitar). I know you guys haven't heard of these, but don't worry, they're funny indeed...

http://www.soundclick.com/porkshake

There are no songs on your page. . .perhaps they've been moved to a different account?  Just let me know, when you are up and running I'll add you:)

Written By: Josh2 on 01/27/07 at 9:20 pm

Psst, Dave. Read the first line

Written By: skittlesking on 01/27/07 at 10:03 pm

Psst, Dave. Read the first line

Oops, thanks Josh 2. . .Wow that is some small text:)

Written By: Spaff.com on 01/27/07 at 10:27 pm

You should include Rick Cormier:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=322836

He's not here to defend himself, but I can't imagine he'd object to being part of this.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: EthanM on 01/27/07 at 10:37 pm

Tim Mayfield has songs at soundclick too. So does iisryan/insert coins

Written By: skittlesking on 01/28/07 at 12:09 am

He's not here to defend himself, but I can't imagine he'd object to being part of this.

xoxox
Spaff

Hmm, I guess I could make exceptions for those who have supporters here. . .is there any way we could contact him just to be on the safe side as it is a joint project of artist who are willingly listing themselves.?

Written By: skittlesking on 01/28/07 at 12:14 am

Tim Mayfield has songs at soundclick too. So does iisryan/insert coins

Same, do we have contacts for these artists, I'd love to include any and all. . .I know that there are many on Soundclick who simply don't use the messageboards, that's why I'd like to try to find someway to invite those who aren't on the boards, but do use the site to join in. . .but most of the regular site guys don't know about it, maybe I should go through the daily submissions and start replying to any submitted by recording artists letting them know.  Or maybe just go through some of the recordings and post in on as many as possible so that those who don't know about it might come across it?  I just don't want to add a lot of artists who aren't interested or want to support the site, but Rick is very talented, and while I haven't heard these other two--the more the merrier.  That goes for all artists. . .especially since my new Recording Oriented Parody Site is about to debut.  All but the front page are done.  I'm off to bed, I have to ponder all this, I made the station to be interactive so we could support each other, I want to open it to those on the site who aren't over here with us on the boards. . .just have to think of a way to do it.

Written By: weirdojace on 01/28/07 at 7:35 am

I know iisryan, and I just know he'd love to be on that station.

Here's his page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=599473

Make sure you put "Let's Go to Target" on the station.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/28/07 at 7:41 am

I know iisryan, and I just know he'd love to be on that station.

Here's his page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=599473

Make sure you put "Let's Go to Target" on the station.

Alright, I' got to go to work though right now this morning, but when I get back I'll do that later.

Here's my Daily Charting Update, the station had a bit of an off day, but those are going to happen.

Below Average Dave Moved Up 2 spots from 32nd to 30th

Nuclear Bubbe Wrap slipped 5 spots from 127th to 132nd

Phil Alexander slipped 20 spots from 143rd to 163rd

Vocally Challenged inched up 1 spot from 211th to 210th

Kristof Robertson slipped 10 spots from 214th to 224th

Merry and Pippin held steady slipping 1 spot from 226th to 227th

Jeff Reuben Jumped up 175 spots from 448th to 272nd

Josh 2 is now charted, he debuted in 487th

Written By: EthanM on 01/28/07 at 2:27 pm

I might not be recording anything for a while...my recording program got messed up so i might wait until I get some money and can buy a recording program for my Mac. Probably the cheaper version of Apple Logic.

Written By: EthanM on 01/28/07 at 6:28 pm

Rick Cormier was active on the messageboard in the past few days, so sending him a PM might work.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/28/07 at 8:04 pm

Rick Cormier was active on the messageboard in the past few days, so sending him a PM might work.

Ok, I'm thinking maybe I should just get a list of all the parodists who you guys think should be included, figure out their email addys and send them each a "Ethan" or "Spaff" said that you have parodies that would be good for AmIRight.  By request, I am asking if it is OK to add you to the AmIRight Parody Station.  Kind of like an invitation to the station by request to let them know, they are not only invited, but wanted on the station, that fans have asked for them, because in honesty--that's what's happening.  What do you guys think?

Written By: skittlesking on 01/29/07 at 9:37 am

Daily Chart Update. . .Not a bad day really, some slips, but all in all not a bad day

Below Average Dave slipped 3 spots from 30th to 33rd

Phil Alexander jumped 22 spots from 163rd to 141st

Nuclear Bubble Wrap slipped 13 spots from 132nd to 145th

Vocally Challenged jumped 22 spots from 210th to 198th

Kristof Robertson jumped 19 spots from 224th to 205th

Merry & Pippin jumped 18 spots from 227th to 209th

Jeff Reuben jumped 49 spots from 272nd to 223rd

Josh 2 slipped 48 spots from 487th to 535th

Written By: Rick Cormier on 01/29/07 at 11:55 am

xoxox
Spaff
I'm here now. I don't mind a bit, in fact I'm flattered (so, count me in) but, what about that Spaff guy and that Robert Lund guy? If any parody recordings could improve the quality of SoundClick, theirs could.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/29/07 at 8:35 pm

I'm here now. I don't mind a bit, in fact I'm flattered (so, count me in) but, what about that Spaff guy and that Robert Lund guy? If any parody recordings could improve the quality of SoundClick, theirs could.

Heck yeah--I've always admired Spaff's writing and Robert's Parodies. . .do you guys have anything on Soundclick.com?

Rick you are added, I am honored to feature your parodies.

Written By: EthanM on 01/29/07 at 8:44 pm

Last I heard, Robert Lund is employed by a radio company so there could be a contractual problem with putting parodies on soundclick for them.

Written By: Spaff.com on 01/29/07 at 9:13 pm

Thanks, guys, for thinking of us. I went to sign up with Soundclick a year or two ago, and their fine print turned me off big-time. As I recall, they pretty much claim ownership of everything submitted to the site. Ownership of Robert Lund's recordings is not mine to give away (and I wouldn't give it away even if it were).

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: skittlesking on 01/29/07 at 9:21 pm

Hmm, I understand their TOS much differently. . .but that doesn't mean you can't participate in the upcoming project at my Parody Site http://www.badave.com  I don't claim copyright over anyone and eventually I will actually host files there also. . .I want to see what it is in their fine print though that means that they have copyright. . .that I'm curious on because I read it, maybe it has changed since you joined, because I don't see it. . .just curious.

Subject: Re: AmIRight Parody Channel on Soundclick, 9 Parodists and Counting!!

Written By: Spaff.com on 01/29/07 at 9:26 pm

Hey, Dave, if you're allowing people to pimp recordings on your site, then cool. I'm all for it.

As for Soundclick, like I say, it's been a year or two since I looked at their agreement. Maybe they've changed it since then but it was unacceptable last time I looked.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: skittlesking on 01/29/07 at 9:28 pm

Hey, Dave, if you're allowing people to pimp recordings on your site, then cool. I'm all for it.

As for Soundclick, like I say, it's been a year or two since I looked at their agreement. Maybe they've changed it since then but it was unacceptable last time I looked.

xoxox
Spaff

That's exactly what I'm doing. . .allowing people to pimp their recordings the way they pimp their writings here:)

Written By: skittlesking on 01/29/07 at 9:43 pm

xoxox
Spaff

I think I know why you though they claim copyright, the following notice is to visitors of the site, its terms of use of the site. . .

Use of Materials Found on the Website: The information, artwork, text, video, audio, pictures, software and other intellectual property (collectively, "Materials") contained on the Website are protected by copyright and international laws. You may only access and use the Materials for personal or educational purposes or as expressly provided for in applicable SoundClick program terms and conditions. You may not otherwise reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, modify or create derivative works of the Materials, unless authorized by the appropriate copyright owner(s). In the event that you print Materials found on the Website, you must include any copyright notice originally included with the Materials on all copies. You may not link directly to any media file located on a SoundClick server, except where explictly allowed to do so. You should not attempt to claim any Materials as your own work. Any computer software downloadable or otherwise available on the Website is provided subject to the terms of the applicable license agreement. Before using any SoundClick logo or trademark, please contact SoundClick

however, immediately following that they go on to say.

Copyright and Trademark Infringement Policy and Notification Procedure: SoundClick does not own the musical compositions, sound recordings, art or other written or visual images (collectively, the "Content") posted by third parties to the Website. All Content is posted by an individual, group or company (collectively, the "Artist") who has represented and warranted to SoundClick that, among other things, neither the Content nor the names, trademarks and service marks under which Content is promoted (collectively, the "Name") infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights, rights of publicity or privacy, or moral rights (see the section titled 'Representations and Warranties' of the current SoundClick Music Submission Agreement at http://www.soundclick.com/docs/legal.cfm).

Since SoundClick is not in a position to determine who has the prevailing claim to use any particular Content or Name posted to the Website, its policy on such matters is that they be resolved directly by the parties alleging misuse of their Content and/or Name (the "Complainants") and the Artists. We recommend that Complainants immediately notify Artists about allegations of infringement by going to the Artist's page on the Website, clicking the Contact link and contacting the Artist directly. It has been SoundClick's experience that most Artists are honest and responsible citizens who may not realize they are engaged in infringing activities. Typically, once notified of a claim, Artists voluntarily cease using such infringing Content and/or Name on the Website and elsewhere.

These are both in the "Listner" terms of service, meaning that those who visit the site and try to claim that they own someone elses work may not do so.  The direct linking rule to media is a bandwidth thing. . .they do provide links directly that don't hurt their bandwidth without people knowing it's hosted on their site.

Anyhow, here's their artist TOS

They also have a license grant which may have been the main issue you had. . .

You hereby grant to us, and by the act of delivering Standard Program Material to us grant to us, a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to: (a) reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display and digitally perform the Standard Program Material in whole or in part (including the right to create compilations which include your songs); (b) create and use samples of the Standard Program Material solely for the purpose of demonstrating or promoting our or your products or services; (c) use any trademarks, service marks or trade names incorporated in the Standard Program Material in connection with your material; and (d) use the name and likeness of any individuals represented in the Standard Program Material only in connection with your material.

However, as reading further reveals, that is for promotion of their site and they do not take copyright to your songs.  The following paragraph is.

Ownership. You retain ownership of the copyrights and all other rights in your songs, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted to us under this agreement. You are free to grant similar rights to others during and after the term of this agreement.

Which means, that they have no power over your songs and cannot enforce their non-exclusive rights (which basically means they can use samples (30 second clips) of your songs for the sole purpose of promotion.  I can see why that might be a concern and respect your decision, my site (if I start hosting music files) will have no such clause as I personally would want to contact them to advertise their music anyway. . .but Soundclick does not claim ownership over your music what they claim is basically that they can have free copies for themselves and that they can use it for advertising provided they credit you, and that they can reproduce it for said purposes, but not that they can resell, make a profit or use your work for any purpose outside those that involve promoting the site and personal use.  That's my understanding, but that's also based on a fairly knowledgeable legal background being that my mother has completed graduate college in law and that I have four other family members involved in different matters in civil law justice and/or small claims and one involved in criminal law.

Written By: Spaff.com on 01/29/07 at 10:17 pm

Wow, Dave. Thanks for doing my research for me.

This is the part I'm hung up on:

"You hereby grant to us, and by the act of delivering Standard Program Material to us grant to us, a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to: (a) reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display and digitally perform the Standard Program Material in whole or in part (including the right to create compilations which include your songs)"

Perhaps a finer legal mind than mine can step in here and correct me if I'm wrong, but to me that says that Soundclick could, for example, put out a "Worst of Soundclick Vol. 27" compilation CD, sell a bunch of copies, and pay you nothing for your contribution.

Neither Robert nor I harbor any illusion that we're going to get rich from our song parodies; in fact, we give away MP3s all the time. I'm also not claiming that Soundclick would even want one of our songs on one of their compilations. But I'll be Hoover Dammed if I'm going to give them a royalty-free license to do something like that. I may not have morals, but I have principles.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: skittlesking on 01/30/07 at 1:18 am

ahh. . .but yes, further down that line it says "create and use samples of the Standard Program Material solely for the purpose of demonstrating or promoting our or your products or services" therefore restricting use to non-commercial (or non-profit) which means they could use it only to promote music. They are quick to answer emails at support@soundclick.com if you'd like. . .but as for research--I am a tax preparer myself so I have a nack for finding all that kinda stuff when someone wants the info:)  I really strongly believe that they have limited themselves to promotion and personal use only with the way they worded it, but if you'd like I can take it to a few legal minds of mine and get their opinion.  I really like your parodies, I further think I agree with pretty much everything you say and stand for. . .so having a buddy so to speak on the station with such similar view points would be nice. . .not to mention you are one of the most recognized names here on AmIRight as far as recording artists are concerned, between the 9 already signed up and you, all but two of the artists I found before joining the board are on the station  (Kristof Robertson I discovered before I really began to use AmIRight or meet anyone, same with Merry&Pippin.  Nuclear Bubble Wrap's I Cannot Sing was the song that became my first download on Soundclick back around when it first came out and I found Phil Alexander's Me Own Shampoo as a recording awhile back too.  I found Rick Cormier when searching for something totally unrelated.  Exactly Midnight and Tim Mayfield are the two not yet on the station that I found outside of AmIRight (oh and The Caca Man but I'm not to worried about getting him on--he's got plenty of stations and his own fan base so to speak)

Written By: skittlesking on 01/30/07 at 1:36 am

Didn't realize it was so late, I gotta get some sleep. . .Today's updates. . .GREAT day for the station. . .all but one artist moved up, and he only slipped because of other artists moving up. . .

Below Average Dave moved up 5 spots from 33rd to 28th

Phil Alexander jumped 20 spots from 141st to 121st

Nuclear Bubble Wrap jumped 18 spots from 145th to 127th

Vocally Challenged Jumped 17 spots from 198th to 181st

Jeff Reuben Jumped 32 spots from 223rd to 191st

Merry & Pippin Jumped 10 spots from 209th to 199th

Kristof Robertson slipped 9 spots from 205th to 214th

Josh 2 HAD THE BIGGEST JUMP Threw Up in the Car replaced 535th place, up 278 spots to 257th

Rick Cormier moved up, but he was added mid day yesterday and only got a listen from the station, so I'm listing his rank as a debut rank of 284th and will use that as his starting point.

We were due for a good day, we keep having days like this and maybe Soundclick won't have such a crummy Comedy Chart were to be the top song, you just have to say a cuss word as fast as possible over and over or prank call someone who's working and act like you are someone else.  You'll actually have to, oh I don't know, TRY to write and perform something funny like we do. . .Congrats everyone, especially Josh2 as today's big mover.

Written By: Josh2 on 01/30/07 at 10:26 am

wow, thanks to everyone who listened, im gonna try and write an record sumin today being that ive done my back in n have nothing to do

Written By: skittlesking on 01/30/07 at 8:26 pm

wow, thanks to everyone who listened, im gonna try and write an record sumin today being that ive done my back in n have nothing to do

Sorry to hear about your back Josh, hope everything gets better.

Written By: Spaff.com on 01/30/07 at 9:14 pm

ahh. . .but yes, further down that line it says "create and use samples of the Standard Program Material solely for the purpose of demonstrating or promoting our or your products or services" therefore restricting use to non-commercial (or non-profit) which means they could use it only to promote music.

Would you mind posting the entire text? The excerpt of the "royalty-free license" part I'm hung up on doesn't state that their use would be non-commercial, but maybe I'm reading it out of context.

I'm no longer concerned that they are going to claim ownership of the recordings; obviously I remembered that wrong, so thanks for clarifying it for me. If I can get past the "royalty-free license" thing, maybe I can talk Robert into doing SoundClick.

if you'd like I can take it to a few legal minds of mine and get their opinion. 

I would never turn down free legal advice. Please don't put anybody out on my account, but if the topic comes up in dinner conversation, sure, I'm all ears.

I really like your parodies, I further think I agree with pretty much everything you say and stand for. . .

Heh heh. If I were you, I wouldn't go around admitting that in public, but thanks. I admire your wholehearted dedication to this parody fixation of us Amirighters.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: skittlesking on 01/30/07 at 9:36 pm

Yeah, sure. . .here's the entire text as it applies to music submitted. . . .The way it is worded they could make a CD Complication which includes your song, however they would have to compensate you for it.  Additionally they have no ownership rights over the songs you submit thus meaning they can't claim or reproduce the songs without giving you full credit.  I myself want to start my own parody site without any of the legal mumbo jumbo, but the way it is, they have some rights that they grant with this, but they do not get control of your songs nor can they sell it without compensating you personally.   Read #2 for clarification on that.  Anyhow, again, I understand. . .to be 100% honest I don't particularly like #1 myself. . .but then again I know that my songs wouldn't get them any money and that I guess is why I'm willing to do it, my main thing is that I get credit for my music, If they were to include me in some sick comedy complication, I'd feel honored:)  Well see.  Anyway, it's all up to you and I will run it by someone in my family upon first opportunity as soon as possible, but the way that I read it, and the way my friend read it on first look gives them very limited rights to the music, but enough to where the only commercial right they have to the music is to include it on complication CDs, and they would have to compensate you and give credit completely to you.  (Like best of Soundclick.com, featuring Song A by Artist A and so on).

This agreement describes the legal relationship between you (an individual artist, or, in the case where you are involved with a band, an individual acting as the legal representative of your band) and SoundClick, Inc. (refered to us "we" or "us"). By submitting any material or information to SoundClick, its successors, assigns, agents, distributors and licensees, you explicitly confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to the following agreement:

You have the right to terminate this agreement and all licenses granted to us at any time.

If you provide us with sound recordings, musical works and/or other material (such as pictures, videos, song lyrics, etc.; collectively "Standard Program Material") the following terms apply:

1.        License Grant. You hereby grant to us, and by the act of delivering Standard Program Material to us grant to us, a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to: (a) reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display and digitally perform the Standard Program Material in whole or in part (including the right to create compilations which include your songs); (b) create and use samples of the Standard Program Material solely for the purpose of demonstrating or promoting our or your products or services; (c) use any trademarks, service marks or trade names incorporated in the Standard Program Material in connection with your material; and (d) use the name and likeness of any individuals represented in the Standard Program Material only in connection with your material.

General Terms
1.        Ownership. You retain ownership of the copyrights and all other rights in your songs, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted to us under this agreement. You are free to grant similar rights to others during and after the term of this agreement.

2.        Termination. You may terminate this agreement at any time by so notifying us; the agreement will terminate upon our actual receipt of such notice. We may terminate this agreement at any time without notification. Upon termination, all of our license rights terminate, except that we retain those rights necessary for us to sell any CDs or other tangible goods which we have produced prior to the date of termination which incorporate any of your Material (as defined in section 3 below). Our obligation to pay you amounts due to you under this agreement survives termination. Also, sections 3 and 6 below survive termination.

3.        Representations and Warranties. The term "Material" means all material that you submit to us, including Standard Program Material, Sample Songs, and Collateral Material, as applicable. You represent and warrant that (a) the Material is your or your bandÄŗs own original work, and contains no sampled material, (b) you have full right and power to enter into and perform this agreement, and have secured all third party consents necessary to enter into this agreement, (c) the Material does not and will not infringe on any third partyÄŗs copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights, rights of publicity or privacy, or moral rights (d) the Material does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (e) the Material is not and will not be defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, (f) the Material does not and will not contain any viruses or other programming routines that detrimentally interfere with computer systems or data, (g) all factual assertions that you have made and will make to us are true and complete. You agree to indemnify and hold us and our customers harmless from any and all damages and costs, including reasonable attorneyÄŗs fees, arising out of or related to your breach of the representations and warranties described in this section. You agree to execute and deliver documents to us, upon our reasonable request, that evidence or effectuate our rights under this agreement. We, our customers, and our licensees shall not be required to make any payments with respect to material that you submit to our sites under these Terms, including but not limited to payments to third parties, music publishers, mechanical rights agents, performance rights societies, persons who contributed to or appear in your materials, your licensors, unions, or guilds.

4.        Determining Type of Content. We will implement and maintain business practices which enable us to accurately categorize content that you deliver to us. If we make an error in good faith however and consequently exceed our license rights, your sole and exclusive remedy will be for us to take all reasonable steps to promptly correct the error as soon as we become aware of the error.

5.        Warranty Disclaimer. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE AND RELATED SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE, MATERIALS AND RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. SOUNDCLICK INC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE WEBSITE OR ANY MATERIALS THEREIN, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. IN ADDITION, SOUNDCLICK INC MAKES NO REPRESENTATION THAT THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. SOUNDCLICK INC WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS ON THE WEBSITE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT OR MATERIALS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH OR OTHERWISE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SUCH OPINION, ADVICE, INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL SOUNDCLICK INC BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, OTHER THAN AS REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE CONSUMER-PROTECTION LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND NOTHING CONTAINED HEREIN SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS EXCLUDING OR LIMITING ANY LIABILITY BEYOND WHAT IS PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.

6.        Waiver of Certain Damages. EXCEPT FOR A BREACH OF SECTION 3, NEITHER YOU OR US WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT.

7.         Terms And Conditions. The 'Terms And Conditions of Web Site Use' as found online at http://www.soundclick/docs/legal_website.cfm apply.

8.        Miscellaneous. This agreement will be governed by California law, excluding conflict of law principles. Any action or proceeding arising out of or related to this agreement must be brought in a state or Federal court located in jurisdiction of Sunnyvale, California, and we both irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts. All notices, requests and other communications under this agreement must be in writing (e-mail messages shall be deemed writings). This agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement of the parties as to this agreementÄŗs subject matter and supersedes all prior proposals, discussions or agreements with respect to such subject matter.

Anyway, that's it for now, as for the final comment, you may already know that we do agree on quite a bit as someone who has been personally hurt so to speak by certain other comments made in the general parodies.  Well not really hurt, but we all get offended from time to time.  I think the comment I just made will tell you how I know we agree:)

Written By: Spaff.com on 01/30/07 at 10:19 pm

Thanks for posting that, Dave.

Unfortunately, seeing that portion of the "License Grant" in context confirms my concerns. 1(a) says they can distribute (etc.) your recordings however they want. 1(b) says they will create and use *samples* only for the purpose of promotion. In other words, the way I read it, the "solely for promoting" verbiage only applies to the stuff in 1(b). And even if they *were* to promise to use full recordings solely for promotion, well, promotion can be defined as pretty much anything, including selling CDs.

In fact, the "Termination" section of "General Terms" presumes that they *are* going to sell CDs, and that they can continue to do so even if you terminate the agreement. They say that their obligation to pay you "amounts due to you under this agreement" also survives termination, but nowhere in the agreement do they actually specify any amounts due to you.

If your in-house counsel interprets this stuff differently, let me know, but for now I'm going to have to watch you SoundClick guys from the sidelines.

Thanks again for being so helpful and nice.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: skittlesking on 01/31/07 at 8:38 am

Today's Ranks--as I get ready for work. . .not to bad of day, but listens were a bit down. . .

Below Average Dave was in 28th, now in 25th (UP 3)
Phil Alexander was in 121st, now in 97th (UP 24)
Nuclear Bubble Wrap was in 127th, now in 132nd (DN 5)
Jeff Reuben was in 191st, now in 147th (UP 44)  **Jeff Reuben was today's Biggest Mover**
Kristof Robertson was in 214th, now in 188th (UP 26)
Merry & Pippin was in 199th, now in 204th (DN 5)
Vocally Challenged was in 181st, now in 218th (DN 37)
Josh 2 was in 257th, now in 232nd (UP 25)
Rick Cormier was in 284th, now in 243rd (UP 41)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/01/07 at 7:50 am

Daily Update!! 

Below Average Dave's South Park has been immortalized on the station, becoming the first song to reach the Top 20 on Soundclick's Charts.

Below Average Dave went up 5 spots from 25th to 20th

Phil Alexander went up 30 spots from 97th to 67th

Nuclear Bubble Wrap went up 5 spots from 132nd to 127th

Jeff Reuben went up 14 spots from 147th to 133rd

Kristof Robertson went up 33 spots from 188th to 155th

Josh 2 went up 66 spots from 232nd to 166th  **JOSH2 is today's Big Mover**

Vocally Challenged went up 22 spots from 218th to 196th

Merry & Pippin went down 7 spots from 204th to 213th

Rick Cromier went up 22 spots from 243rd to 221st

Written By: Josh2 on 02/01/07 at 12:06 pm

wow, are people really listenign to my song?

coolness

Written By: jreuben on 02/01/07 at 1:02 pm

Congrats Dave!  I'm just happy to achieve my goal of breaking into the Top 134

Daily Update!! 

Below Average Dave's South Park has been immortalized on the station, becoming the first song to reach the Top 20 on Soundclick's Charts.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/01/07 at 6:35 pm

Congrats Dave!  I'm just happy to achieve my goal of breaking into the Top 134

Thank you Jeff:), I'm going to make an ad including clips from the first five artists today just for fun to go along with the opening of my new site. . .as soon as we grow another couple of artists I'll plan out a second one as well. . .

Josh 2, yes, people are listening to your song, Threw Up in the Car specifically is performing well, top 200 and moving up. . .congratulations, I believe that's twice now since I started announcing a daily big mover that you've come out on top.

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/01/07 at 9:47 pm

Daily Update!! 

~sniff~ I'm going to go eat worms now....  :\'(

Written By: skittlesking on 02/01/07 at 9:50 pm

~sniff~ I'm going to go eat worms now....  :\'(

LOL,well but tomorrow it may be up again, I added a new advertisement on the station featuring the original 5 who joined it (Artists 6-10 will be in the next new ad, but that requires a tenth artist)

Written By: Josh2 on 02/02/07 at 1:10 pm

Thank you Jeff:), I'm going to make an ad including clips from the first five artists today just for fun to go along with the opening of my new site. . .as soon as we grow another couple of artists I'll plan out a second one as well. . .

Josh 2, yes, people are listening to your song, Threw Up in the Car specifically is performing well, top 200 and moving up. . .congratulations, I believe that's twice now since I started announcing a daily big mover that you've come out on top.

thanks, may ia sk what everyone thinks of the song itself?

Written By: jreuben on 02/02/07 at 2:20 pm

Josh, I liked the Survivor parody (Threw up in the car).  I was curious with the parody title being so different than the OS (both in syllables and sound) but it worked.  For constructive criticism, I might boost the volume of the vocals a bit, the background music drowned out your voice sometimes.

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/02/07 at 2:45 pm

Josh, I liked the Survivor parody (Threw up in the car).  I was curious with the parody title being so different than the OS (both in syllables and sound) but it worked.  For constructive criticism, I might boost the volume of the vocals a bit, the background music drowned out your voice sometimes.

We had the exact opposite problem from Josh. No matter how loudly we put the backing track and no matter how far we got from the mic, we still drowned out the music... ::)

Josh, I quite liked your Survivor parody. It is a vast improvement on the original! :)

Jeff, I was sitting at the eye doctor the other day, staring at an eye chart, humming your parody and cracking up!  :D

Written By: jreuben on 02/02/07 at 2:58 pm

Dang, if only I could have been there to shoot the video!  :)

We had the exact opposite problem from Josh. No matter how loudly we put the backing track and no matter how far we got from the mic, we still drowned out the music... ::)

Josh, I quite liked your Survivor parody. It is a vast improvement on the original! :)

Jeff, I was sitting at the eye doctor the other day, staring at an eye chart, humming your parody and cracking up!  :D

Written By: skittlesking on 02/02/07 at 8:59 pm

Hey Merry & Pippin. . .I can sequence songs and work with their volumes.  If you have the time, and you can send me the vocals seperate from the backing track and then of course the backing track (midis work well for this because I can actually remove sounds which is why some of my songs are starting to do well what they are doing) I can probably help get the two more even.  Your parodies are among the most creative parodies here on AmIRight, I am very happy to have you and the other 8 artists who are on this station on board for this. . .I've helped Ethan with sequencing on his current upcoming project and I helped boost Josh2's overall volume (although I couldn't do much to differentiate the vocals/backing because they were already together)  Just let me know, I mean I can do about one song a night and if you want to give me any credit, you can just note it in the song information page that I assisted in sequencing, that is of course if you like what I do. . .up to you

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/02/07 at 9:03 pm

Hey Merry & Pippin. . .I can sequence songs and work with their volumes.  If you have the time, and you can send me the vocals seperate from the backing track and then of course the backing track (midis work well for this because I can actually remove sounds which is why some of my songs are starting to do well what they are doing) I can probably help get the two more even.  Your parodies are among the most creative parodies here on AmIRight, I am very happy to have you and the other 8 artists who are on this station on board for this. . .I've helped Ethan with sequencing on his current upcoming project and I helped boost Josh2's overall volume (although I couldn't do much to differentiate the vocals/backing because they were already together)  Just let me know, I mean I can do about one song a night and if you want to give me any credit, you can just note it in the song information page that I assisted in sequencing, that is of course if you like what I do. . .up to you

Thanks for the offer Dave. Now, to separate the vocals from the backing track I use...an egg wisk? It's all Greek to me...  :-[ :o

Written By: skittlesking on 02/02/07 at 9:42 pm

:)  :D You'd have to record them both seperately. . .the best way to do it is have the music you will be using in the background playing very quietly either via headphones or stereo in the distance and recording it that way.  As for the backing track you can either A) upload it to your computer if it's a karaokee track or B) if it's a midi you can send it as is and I'll remove vocals and other unwanted sounds from the midi entirely. . .if you have a chance and want to give it a try and see if you like it. . .

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/02/07 at 11:45 pm

:)  :D You'd have to record them both seperately. . .the best way to do it is have the music you will be using in the background playing very quietly either via headphones or stereo in the distance and recording it that way.  As for the backing track you can either A) upload it to your computer if it's a karaokee track or B) if it's a midi you can send it as is and I'll remove vocals and other unwanted sounds from the midi entirely. . .if you have a chance and want to give it a try and see if you like it. . .

Ah! Re-record them you mean. But that is difficult when Pippin and I live 7000 miles away from each other.... ;) These parody recordings were a grab the opportunity while it was there sort of thing... :)

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/03/07 at 12:03 am

Dave didn't get to an update today, so I took it upon myself to check the charts (and just in the nick of time before they change).

Dave continued upward, 2 pt. from 20 to 18

Jeff also edged up slightly (7 pts) from 133 to 126

Phil had a bad day, dropping 67 pts. from 67 to 134

Nuclear Bubble Wrap dropped a bit (12 pts) from 127 to 139

Kristof was up 2 pts. from 155 to 153

Josh had a slight drop (5 pts) from 166 to 171

Merry and Pippin turned their fortunes with a slight rise (5 pts) from 213 to 208

Rick also rose a bit (7 pts) from 221 to 215

Ethan slipped 28 pts. from 196 to 224

C'mon everyone - tomorrow is Saturday - everyone should have ample time to give the station a couple of listens - let's get those scores back up! (shakes a pom pom) :)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/03/07 at 9:21 am

Thank you Merry & Pippin

I have today's update. . .

Below Average Dave slipped 8 spots to 26th

Jeff Reuben jumped 10 spots to 116th

Phil Alexander jumped 4 spots to 130th

Nucelar Bubble Wrap inced up 3 spots to 136th

Josh 2 went up 28 spots to 143rd

Merry & Pippin soard up 44 spots to 164th  **Merry & Pippin are today's Big Mover**

Kristof Robertson slipped 21 spots to 174th

Rick Cromier upped his spot 25 spots to 190th

Vocally Challenged slipped 7 spots to 233rd

and we are now on Saturday, let's rock the charts everyone!!:)  Thanks agaion Meriadoc sometimes I get so busy at work I run out of time.

Written By: Josh2 on 02/03/07 at 10:43 am

quick question, what Chart are we actually talking about? I'm guiessing it's the Comedy Chart cos some of us are quite high in the General Comedy Chart

Written By: jreuben on 02/03/07 at 1:23 pm

The Comedy Chart (not the sub genre General Comedy Chart).

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/03/07 at 3:18 pm

Cannot figure out how we jumped up so far! :o Our song statistics show only 8 plays for PETA yesterday (same as day before, when we only had a 5 point jump). I listened to the whole parody station yesterday, and then PETA once more for good measure, but I know it would only count once anyway, as only 'unique streams' count. So the whole charts thing is kind of baffling. Any technoplile out there who can explain it?

Written By: EthanM on 02/03/07 at 3:31 pm

It doesn't take that much to climb the middle of the chart. My song plays have been virtually nonexistent lately.  :\'(

Written By: skittlesking on 02/03/07 at 8:10 pm

Cannot figure out how we jumped up so far! :o Our song statistics show only 8 plays for PETA yesterday (same as day before, when we only had a 5 point jump). I listened to the whole parody station yesterday, and then PETA once more for good measure, but I know it would only count once anyway, as only 'unique streams' count. So the whole charts thing is kind of baffling. Any technoplile out there who can explain it?

Votes for "Hot" also count. . .which now and then I go through and "Hot" every station song.  Someone may have also "Flopped" the song the day before which cancels out their listen for the charts, but not the stats. . .Also, it may have just been a down day for comedy in general which means staying even will cause you to move up.  South Park has had a few days with less listens than the day before, but yet it moved up, similarly more listens and moved down (like today) so it's a combination of things.  Persistance seems to help songs a lot.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/03/07 at 8:12 pm

It doesn't take that much to climb the middle of the chart. My song plays have been virtually nonexistent lately.  :\'(

I'm sorry Ethan. . .I keep listening daily. . .so it won't be zero I can promise that much. . .and the station has had at least two listens a day, most days more, but since day 2, it's gone up at least two everyday, the more who participate the higher we will climb.  South Park is picking up listens somewhere else too though, I haven't figured out where. . .but someone out there likes that song by me and must be directly linking to it or something.  It keeps drawfing my other songs.

Written By: Andy Roper on 02/03/07 at 8:18 pm

What's the trick to listening?  Do I need to sign up/register  ???

Written By: EthanM on 02/03/07 at 8:25 pm

The best way to help a song climb the charts is to have a VIP account, but I have no plans to get one of those anytime soon.

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/03/07 at 8:29 pm

What's the trick to listening?  Do I need to sign up/register  ???

Ooops! Sorry Andy, I was going to email you, but then got real busy today.

The link is on the first page of the thread, but here it is again:

http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=karaokedavid82&content=station&id=500679

Written By: skittlesking on 02/03/07 at 8:53 pm

The best way to help a song climb the charts is to have a VIP account, but I have no plans to get one of those anytime soon.

I don't have a VIP account. . .I'm consistantly in the top 50. . .VIP helps, but I also believe that some of mine comes from finding cliques that are into a particular song.  Many of my daily listens come simply from posting it on amiright.com's front page and in different forums that may have interest in my songs. . .also sometimes "shock" appeal can get listens.  That's why "Wind Beneath My Butt" was at one point my Big hit and became the first song to skim the top 50, I also believe it's what's fuelling some of Josh2 and Jeff Reuben's success.  Key to that, Shock Appeal works for a little while (Wind Beneath My Butt has subsided as I have higher quality songs) but the thing is it gets people to check out your other music, well that said because Wind Beneath My Butt while not my best quality, was still a decent recording and resulted in getting listens to other 'related' songs. . .In this case, those attracted to Wind also listened to No Hos, Chubilicious and Crazy for Chips. . .those songs then became chart songs and they each got followings that lead to listens for other songs their fans were interested in. . .kinda like a chain reaction.

Written By: EthanM on 02/03/07 at 8:58 pm

Shock appeal does help, as does a familiar topic, possibly commercially linked. When I first had soundclick, my biggest hit was a song called k-mart. That song is currently retired, or at least on sabbatical.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/03/07 at 9:07 pm

Shock appeal does help, as does a familiar topic, possibly commercially linked. When I first had soundclick, my biggest hit was a song called k-mart. That song is currently retired, or at least on sabbatical.

Yep--Yahoo! and South Park both fit that description and are constantly among my top 10. . .also Jock Itch, Chubilicious, No Hos, He Likes Guys and Rainbow all get hits from shock appeal I think. . .so a number of thing.  Popular topics, songs and artists can attract attention.  Casino Queen, my parody of Michael Jackson's Billie Jean always gets hits because of the controversy surrounding Michael. . .so just by putting Michael Jackson Parody in my title it gets listens everyday.  Same with Careless Hook Ups and George Michael--the World loves Scandals so those songs do well.  Yogurt in Bed is cleverly written, but we both know there's no shock appeal there, or commercial appeal--but that doesn't mean it can't be a secondary hits--big hits though tend to be ones that people see and just have to know what on earth is that about. . .I think this a large part of why "Cross Eyed Girl" very quickly rose to 2nd among our station's songs, and why Phil's numerous crazy titles consistantly rank high.  Threw Up in the Car by Josh 2 is another disgusting example.

Written By: Andy Roper on 02/04/07 at 12:52 am

Ooops! Sorry Andy, I was going to email you, but then got real busy today.

The link is on the first page of the thread, but here it is again:

Ah good! Thanks Merry :)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/04/07 at 7:53 am

Daily Update--an off day. . .

Below Average Dave slipped 3 spots from 26 to 29
Jeff Reuben slipped 15 spots from 116 to 131
Phil Alexander slipped 4 spots from 130 to 134
Merry & Pippin jumped 28 spots from 164 to 136 **Merry & Pippin was today's big mover**
Josh 2 jumped 4 spots from 143 to 139
Kristof Robertson jumped 23 spots from 174 to 151
Nuclear Bubble Wrap slipped 16 spots from 136 to 152
Rick Cormier slipped 28 spots from 190 to 218
Vocally Challenged jumped 5 spots from 233 to 228

Written By: EthanM on 02/04/07 at 1:45 pm

I might have a new "lead single" soon. I recorded one this morning and even submitted it to the amiright front page. That tactic also tends to result in more listens.

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/04/07 at 3:33 pm

Daily Update--an off day. . .

Below Average Dave slipped 3 spots from 26 to 29
Jeff Reuben slipped 15 spots from 116 to 131
Phil Alexander slipped 4 spots from 130 to 134
Merry & Pippin jumped 28 spots from 164 to 136 **Merry & Pippin was today's big mover**
Josh 2 jumped 4 spots from 143 to 139
Kristof Robertson jumped 23 spots from 174 to 151
Nuclear Bubble Wrap slipped 16 spots from 136 to 152
Rick Cormier slipped 28 spots from 190 to 218
Vocally Challenged jumped 5 spots from 233 to 228

I am pleased that ours went up, but I was hoping for a big jump for everyone. I listened yesterday, and also took Dave's tip and went and voted everyone's main song a 'hot'.

I've given out the station info to 4 people so far, but they are being glacier-slow about getting around to it (not you Andy, I know you would have gotten there :) )

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/04/07 at 3:42 pm

I might have a new "lead single" soon. I recorded one this morning and even submitted it to the amiright front page. That tactic also tends to result in more listens.

Was that Snakes on a Plane?

I just got done listening to it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Your vocal prowess gets more amazing with each new recording! ;)

Written By: EthanM on 02/04/07 at 3:51 pm

Bingo...do I want to know what you mean by "prowess"? or amazing for that matter?

Written By: skittlesking on 02/05/07 at 7:56 am

Doing my daily update, however I must inform you all that my car was broken into yesterday at work so I am a bit distraught right now because I didn't really own very much and we all know how often people get caught for doing such things.  The thing that really kills me is that whoever did it popped my front lock while the back the back door wasn't locked at all, and broke out the entire front dash to get to it and no one in the back office heard it with the door wide open . . .

anyway

Below Average Dave's top song didn't move 29th

Jeff Reuben was up 24 to 107th

Kristof Robertson was up 15 to 126th

Phil Alexander took a short slip 1 spot to 135th

Nuclear Bubble Wrap jumped 13 to 139th

Merry and Pippin took a small fall 5 spots to 141st

Josh2 took slipped 26 spots to 165th

Rick Cromier soared 29 spots to 189th **Rick Cromier was today's Big Mover**

Vocally Challenged jumped up 24 spots to 204th

Written By: Rick Cormier on 02/05/07 at 11:39 am

Doing my daily update, however I must inform you all that my car was broken into yesterday at work so I am a bit distraught right now because I didn't really own very much and we all know how often people get caught for doing such things.  The thing that really kills me is that whoever did it popped my front lock while the back the back door wasn't locked at all, and broke out the entire front dash to get to it and no one in the back office heard it with the door wide open . . .

anyway

Below Average Dave's top song didn't move 29th

Jeff Reuben was up 24 to 107th

Kristof Robertson was up 15 to 126th

Phil Alexander took a short slip 1 spot to 135th

Nuclear Bubble Wrap jumped 13 to 139th

Merry and Pippin took a small fall 5 spots to 141st

Josh2 took slipped 26 spots to 165th

Rick Cromier soared 29 spots to 189th **Rick Cromier was today's Big Mover**

Vocally Challenged jumped up 24 spots to 204th
I just added a new recording to SoundClick called "Pee-Yew Pussy Scat" that may help some:

Written By: EthanM on 02/06/07 at 7:39 am

"Snakes on a plane" debuted at #130, and "yogurt in bed" is inexplicably still on the charts at #175.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/06/07 at 5:54 pm

We now have 10 Artists with Luke Brattoni joining the team. . .yesterday was a good day for everyone (but me:))

Luke Brattoni's starting rank is 21st, earned without us

Below Average Dave's Top Song slipped 4 spots from 29th to 33rd

Phil Alexander jumped 31 spots from 135th to 104th

Kristof Robertson jumped 13 spots from 151st to 128th

Vocally Challenged hit with a new song, high rank up 74 spots from 204th to 130th **Big Mover Today**

Nuclear Bubble Wrap jumped 20 spots from 152nd to 132nd

Merry & Pippin had a __ day, stayed at 136th

Josh 2 had a slight off day, dropping 27 spots from 139th to 166th

Rick Cromier continues catching up 17 spots, 218th to 201st

Written By: Peregrin on 02/07/07 at 1:20 am

Rick Cromier continues catching up 17 spots, 218th to 201st

Cromier ?  ;D  Sounds sort of like a distinguished French inhalent sniffer  :P

Ah, what harm a mis-placed letter can do  ;)

Written By: karen on 02/07/07 at 4:14 am

That's what was odd about it.  I saw the name yesterday and couldn't figure out why it looked wrong!

Written By: Rick Cormier on 02/07/07 at 5:24 am

LOL !

Oui, 'tis I, ze deesteengueeshed French sniffair of ze inhalents. Look what zey have done to my name. Sacre Bleu!

Subject: Re: AmIRight Parody Channel on Soundclick, 10 Parodists and Counting!!

Written By: skittlesking on 02/07/07 at 7:30 am

Well now that I have Rick's name spelled correctly here's the daily update (sorry Rick). . .

Below Average Dave slipped 5 spots from 33rd to 38th

Luke Brattoni slipped 28 spots from 21st to 49th

Vocally Challenged jumped 75 spots from 130th to 55th **Vocally Challenged is today's Big Mover**

Phil Alexander slipped 2 spots from 104th to 106th

Kristof Robertson inched up 1 spots from 128th to 127th

Jeff Reuben slipped 15 spots from 115th to 130th

Nuclear Bubble Wrap slipped 31 spots from 132nd to 153rd

Merry & Pippin slipped 27 spots from 136th to 163rd

Josh 2 slipped 6 spots from 166th to 172nd

Rick Cormier slipped 6 spots from 201st to 207th (Probably because of the name thing yesterday :))

An off day so to speak, except for Ethan--who is heavily promoting his new single "Snakes on the Plane"

Written By: karen on 02/07/07 at 7:41 am

An off day so to speak, except for Ethan--who is heavily promoting his new single "Snakes on the Plane"

A few hours ago I tried to listen in but I couldn't get the site to load.  :(

Written By: skittlesking on 02/07/07 at 8:17 am

Hmm. . .Its working now. . .Maybe Soundclick was doing updates  :-\\

Written By: karen on 02/07/07 at 9:20 am

Hmm. . .Its working now. . .Maybe Soundclick was doing updates  :-\\

Indeed it is, in fact I'm listening at the moment.

The problem may have been here

Written By: skittlesking on 02/08/07 at 8:31 am

Daily Update. . .three records today have been achieved. . .

1st 3 songs have hit the top 50--never before have that many been so high
2nd 4 songs have hit the top 100 at the same time--again never before
3rd EVERY ARTIST on the station is in the top 150 (first 3 pages of charts) --CONGRATULATIONS

LETS KEEP THIS MOMENTUM UP---IF we can get either everyone in the Top 100 or 5 in the Top 50 then I'm going to make a recording B-Day and release many many songs at once and ask that all those with capability to do so do the same in celebration of the acheivment--I'll keep an eye on the charts of course--let's keep it up

32nd Below Average Dave (Up 6--was in 38th) 
40th Vocally Challenged (Up 15-was in 55th)
47th Luke Brattoni (Up 2-was in 49th)
97th Phil Alexander (Up 9-was in 106th)
104th Jeff Reuben (Up 26-was in 130th)
140th Josh2 (Up 32-was in 172nd)
141st Kristof Robertson (Dn 14-was in 127th)
142nd Nuclear Bubble Wrap (Up 11-was in 153rd)
147th Rick Cormier (**Top Song Change** Up 60-was in 207th) **Rick is today's BIG MOVER**
150th Merry & Pippin (Up 13-was in 163rd)

Congrat's everyone, and Kristof you may have slipped a little, but then your song is always consistantly in the same range, so you didn't really slip--just a tougher day.  Rick, looks like your take on feline feces is performing much more beautifully than the topic it's on.

Written By: karen on 02/08/07 at 9:36 am

I had "we didn't watch the trailer" going round in my head all last night

Written By: jreuben on 02/08/07 at 10:03 am

I'll likely have two new ones by the end of the month.  I have around 15 recorded now, but aside from Cross-Eyed Girl, they all use karaoke tracks for the background track, and were recorded back when I needed to record to tape on a stereo and play the tape back into my computer.  So between the legal issues (Soundclick sounds like they might delete my account if I have no rights to the karaoke backtrack) and being able to make higher quality tracks now (go voice lessons!), I've only uploaded the one.  I spent Tuesday night with a friend recording the guitar chords for one of mine, so once I add the vocals, that will be ready to go.

Quick question, does Soundclick allow more than one song per author to be on the charts at the same time?  I read their FAQ and I thought the answer was no, but Ethan, you blew that out of the water with your post the other day about having (at least) two songs in there once Snakes On A Plane debuted (and Yogurt In Bed is still there).  Just curious.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/08/07 at 10:20 am

(Soundclick sounds like they might delete my account if I have no rights to the karaoke backtrack)

I got the same impression when I first got my account, which is why my two recordings using My Voice were never posted.

Written By: jreuben on 02/08/07 at 10:37 am

I got the same impression when I first got my account, which is why my two recordings using My Voice were never posted.

Does the same apply to downloaded midi's (i.e., you didn't create the midi yourself)?

Written By: EthanM on 02/08/07 at 11:05 am

I think public domain midis are fine, and most midis are public domain.

Written By: jreuben on 02/08/07 at 11:06 am

I think public domain midis are fine, and most midis are public domain.

Thanks Ethan,  that makes sense.  Kind of like using "royalty free" or public domain drum loops, etc.

Written By: EthanM on 02/08/07 at 11:07 am

Quick question, does Soundclick allow more than one song per author to be on the charts at the same time?  I read their FAQ and I thought the answer was no, but Ethan, you blew that out of the water with your post the other day about having (at least) two songs in there once Snakes On A Plane debuted (and Yogurt In Bed is still there).  Just curious.

I think that was some sort of fluke...that just happened for one day and now I just have one song on the charts again.

Written By: jreuben on 02/08/07 at 11:21 am

Was that the first day you had Snakes up on the site?  Maybe that had something to do with it.

I think that was some sort of fluke...that just happened for one day and now I just have one song on the charts again.

Written By: EthanM on 02/08/07 at 11:50 am

I'm not sure...it was probably after the first full day. I know it wasn't up long when it hit the charts.

Written By: Josh2 on 02/08/07 at 6:44 pm

YAY then. Am i not the only one to use midis then?

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/08/07 at 8:23 pm

We used Karaoke tracks for the last six, and the earlier ones actually had the OS playing very low in the background; Soundclick never seemed to care. ::)

Wasn't trying to rip off any artist, it was just the only way we could record them - we only did it for fun anyway.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/08/07 at 8:58 pm

I'll likely have two new ones by the end of the month.  I have around 15 recorded now, but aside from Cross-Eyed Girl, they all use karaoke tracks for the background track, and were recorded back when I needed to record to tape on a stereo and play the tape back into my computer.  So between the legal issues (Soundclick sounds like they might delete my account if I have no rights to the karaoke backtrack) and being able to make higher quality tracks now (go voice lessons!), I've only uploaded the one.  I spent Tuesday night with a friend recording the guitar chords for one of mine, so once I add the vocals, that will be ready to go.

The rule on the multiple songs on the charts is one per Genre or Sub-Genre. . .top performer automatically picked, Soundclick puts there charts together manually and the double-song in the Comedy Charts for Vocally Challenged was an abnormality.

As someone who uses the "Free Public Domain" midis as my backgrounds all the time-I can say that unless the original composer claims to want money for use (which would mean they shouldn't be downloadable) as long as they are used non-commercially you should be fine.  I remove the vocal lines from the midis though using Anvil Studio so they sound a little better.

Written By: weirdojace on 02/08/07 at 9:31 pm

I had "we didn't watch the trailer" going round in my head all last night

I'm honored! =)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/09/07 at 8:23 am

Daily Update. . .6 artists in the Top 100 now

33rd  Vocally Challenged (UP 7-Was in 40th)
43rd  Below Average Dave (DN 11-Was in 32nd)
50th  Rick Cormier (UP 117-Was in 147th) **Rick is today's BIG MOVER**
55th  Luke Brattoni (DN 8-was in 47th)
62nd  Jeff Reuben (UP 42-was in 104th)
71st  Phil Alexander (UP 26-was in 97th)
122nd  Josh2 (Up 18-was in 140th)
145th  Nuclear Bubble Wrap (DN 3-was in 142nd)
156th  Kristof Robertson (DN 15-was in 141st)
166th  Merry & Pippin (DN 16-was in 150th)

Was kinda bittersweet--some songs had a great day, and many slipped--but after the previous day I guess all in all, a good day.  6 in the top 100. . .and still all in the top 200, so keep it up and let's continue to dominate the Top 100. . .

Written By: jreuben on 02/09/07 at 9:14 am

Thanks for the input.  I saw the big, scary disclaimer when uploading my song to Soundclick, and wanted to make sure I understood "the rules" =)

We used Karaoke tracks for the last six, and the earlier ones actually had the OS playing very low in the background; Soundclick never seemed to care. ::)

Wasn't trying to rip off any artist, it was just the only way we could record them - we only did it for fun anyway.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/10/07 at 9:15 am

Daily Update

**Rick Cormier's Pee-Yew Pussy Scat hit the Top 20 becoming the 2nd song to earn Hall of Fame status on the station**

18th Rick Cormier (UP 32-was 50th)
32nd Vocally Challenged (UP 1-was 33rd)
44th Below Average Dave (DN 1-was 43rd)
50th Luke Brattoni (UP 5-was 55th)
98th Jeff Reuben (DN 36-was 62nd)
106th Phil Alexander (DN 35-was 71st)
131st Josh2 (DN 9-was 122nd)
134th Kristof Robertson (UP 22-was 156th)
136th Nuclear Bubble Wrap (UP 9-was 145th)
155th Merry & Pippin (UP 11-was 166th)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/11/07 at 7:50 am

Daily Update

An off day for the station. . .but to look and say an off day when we are all in the Top 200 is much better than before the station

15th Rick Cormier (UP 3-was in 18th)
32nd Vocally Challenged (-)
38th Below Average Dave (UP 6-was in 44th)
47th Luke Brattoni (UP 3-was in 50th)
72nd Jeff Reuben (UP 26-was in 98th) **Jeff was today's BIG MOVER**
113th Phil Alexander (DN 7-was in 106th)
144th Josh2 (DN 13-was in 131st)
147th Nuclear Bubble Wrap (DN 11-was in 136th)
154th Kristof Robertson (DN 20-was in 134th)
175th Merry & Pippin (DN 20-was in 155th)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/12/07 at 1:40 am

An off day-Daily Update. . .

23rd Rick Cormier (DN 8-was 15th)
37th Vocally Challenged (DN 5-was 32nd)
50th Below Average Dave (DN 12-was 38th)
56th Luke Brattoni (DN 8-was 48th)
104th Phil Alexander (UP 9-was 113th)
110th Jeff Reuben (DN 38-was 72nd)
134th Josh 2 (UP 10-was 144th)
139th Kristof Robertson (UP 15-was 154th)
151st Merry & Pippin (UP 24-was 175th) **Merry & Pippin was today's BIG MOVER**
175th Nuclear Bubble Wrap (DN 28-was in 147th)

Written By: wildcard on 02/12/07 at 10:39 am

Hi B.A.D. This is my first message board reply.  I'm going to have to find me some midi's if I want to record because I just cant play :\'(  You don't want my crazy lousy Dylan job do you?

Written By: skittlesking on 02/12/07 at 7:28 pm

Hi B.A.D. This is my first message board reply.  I'm going to have to find me some midi's if I want to record because I just cant play :\'(  You don't want my crazy lousy Dylan job do you?
  Hey I welcome everyone, I'll add it later, but let me know what midis you want and they are on their way.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/13/07 at 8:24 am

Daily Update--The Charts went CRAZY yesterday--well not really, just everyone jumped all over the place. . .all and all I'd say the day was a down day. . ..

8th Below Average Dave (UP 42-was 50th) **B.A.D. was today's BIG MOVER**
52nd Rick Cormier (DN 29-was in 23rd)
53rd Vocally Challenged (DN 16-was in 37th)
63rd Luke Brattoni (DN 7-was in 56th)
121st Jeff Reuben (DN 11-was in 110th)
127th Phil Alexander (DN 13-was in 104th)
138th Merry & Pippin (UP 13-was in 151st)
154th Josh2 (DN 20-was in 134th)
165th Nuclear Bubble Wrap (UP 10-was in 175th)
178th Kirstof Robertson (DN 39-was in 139th)

**I have never had a song higher than 18th--South Park however had a record day yesterday and then jumped all the way from 50th to 8th**

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/13/07 at 12:15 pm

Daily Update--The Charts went CRAZY yesterday--well not really, just everyone jumped all over the place. . .all and all I'd say the day was a down day. . ..

8th Below Average Dave (UP 42-was 50th) **B.A.D. was today's BIG MOVER**
52nd Rick Cormier (DN 29-was in 23rd)
53rd Vocally Challenged (DN 16-was in 37th)
63rd Luke Brattoni (DN 7-was in 56th)
121st Jeff Reuben (DN 11-was in 110th)
127th Phil Alexander (DN 13-was in 104th)
138th Merry & Pippin (UP 13-was in 151st)
154th Josh2 (DN 20-was in 134th)
165th Nuclear Bubble Wrap (UP 10-was in 175th)
178th Kirstof Robertson (DN 39-was in 139th)

**I have never had a song higher than 18th--South Park however had a record day yesterday and then jumped all the way from 50th to 8th**

Congrats Dave for making the top ten!  :)

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 02/13/07 at 4:42 pm

Congrats Dave for making the top ten!  :)

Yeah, well done Dave! And a belated thanks for keeping the station ticking over. Now that my PC's mended, I'm tuning in every other day. Hope to have a new recording up soon!

Written By: EthanM on 02/13/07 at 8:39 pm

#8...well done. I'd like to make another recording soon, and I should have the house to myself all weekend plus evenings later this week so I should be able to get at least a couple done to the best of my ability with the program that I have.

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/13/07 at 11:09 pm

I've been away a lot the last few days, so have to confess I've barely found time to listen to our own parody. I see only three plays for ours as of tonight - gonna drop again I'm afraid. Hope everyone else has a better day. Tomorrow I will be back to listening to all once a day.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/13/07 at 11:35 pm

I've been away a lot the last few days, so have to confess I've barely found time to listen to our own parody. I see only three plays for ours as of tonight - gonna drop again I'm afraid. Hope everyone else has a better day. Tomorrow I will be back to listening to all once a day.

Hey there, just listen as often as you can, I'm sure eventually I'll need a break too because of work and so forth--and three may or may not drop, I've noticed that sometimes a drop off doesn't hurt bad because often a drop off means that the other comedy artists struggled too . . .it may have just been ann off day. . .South Park yesterday topped 50 listens--that's the most any one song has EVER gotten in one day for me, on top of that, Weenie on a Hot Bun (My newest song) hit 20, I've never had two songs have 20+ listens in the same day, and four songs (How To Earn Beads & Red Ant Surprise along with the other two) hit 10+, the station has been gathering interest. . .if you haven't been listening. . .someone has, and it's not just me. . .let's keep this steam train rolling. . .yesterday was an off day. . .today is pending. . .but we'll keep working on it. . .although from the early going of my two polls what people may want is for me to host parodies physically on badave.com, have to look into what kind of bandwidth streaming causes. . .

Written By: skittlesking on 02/13/07 at 11:38 pm

Yeah, well done Dave! And a belated thanks for keeping the station ticking over. Now that my PC's mended, I'm tuning in every other day. Hope to have a new recording up soon!

I'm looking forward to that Kristof--goes for you too Vocally Challenged. . .the Recording Train is coming, many have emailed me asking for help getting involved. . .and I'm glad to provide it. . .Kristof we had 'flirted' with an idea to do a parody recording together (well kinda since it'd be me then you)  I have ideas on that, if you are still interested, PM or email me. . .

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/14/07 at 12:02 am

Wow Dave - 50 listens on one song?!? :o

We have a good day if PETA gets 8.... ::)

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/14/07 at 12:04 am

I had Snakes on a Plane going thru my head all day - continually morphing into "I Want a BJ" halfway through... ;D ::)

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/14/07 at 12:13 am

Dave - I have a question:

Is there any way to vary the order of the songs on your station page from time to time?

I usually put the station on Lo-fi shuffle, or, if I am short for time I go thru and play each person's chart-song, but I suspect some people (listeners who are not artists on the site) may go thru and pick and choose. If they are short on time, the songs nearer the top are going to get priority. We are near the bottom, and so is Kristof, and once more artists are added we will end up on page 2... :( I am just wondering if there is a way to maybe weekly shuffle people around a bit, so all get a chance to be nearer the top...? I really do think it affects the number of plays to some extent.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/14/07 at 12:31 am

I had Snakes on a Plane going thru my head all day - continually morphing into "I Want a BJ" halfway through... ;D ::)

LMAO! Karma +1

Written By: skittlesking on 02/14/07 at 12:39 am

Dave - I have a question:

Is there any way to vary the order of the songs on your station page from time to time?

I usually put the station on Lo-fi shuffle, or, if I am short for time I go thru and play each person's chart-song, but I suspect some people (listeners who are not artists on the site) may go thru and pick and choose. If they are short on time, the songs nearer the top are going to get priority. We are near the bottom, and so is Kristof, and once more artists are added we will end up on page 2... :( I am just wondering if there is a way to maybe weekly shuffle people around a bit, so all get a chance to be nearer the top...? I really do think it affects the number of plays to some extent.

That's a great idea. . .I love dice and would be more than willing to do that when I do my weekly countdown on my main website and am updating all my other stations. . .the other thing is I've noticed that not many are rotating their non-listed songs. . .That get's songs towards the top too.  I always have my contest songs and the songs that have been struggling play. . .one thing that helps with listings is just switching out songs now and then--which you can do by posting here or emailing me. . .BUT I like the rotation idea. . .I always play on shuffle so I never notice because it's always in a different order.  I have a new ad debuting by Friday, the clips are recorded but it has to be put together. . .

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/14/07 at 1:00 am

Thanks Dave!

Incidentally, I see the Soundclick chart for today is updated, but maybe it isn't finished yet as there are some glitches - Josh's Threw Up in My Car is listed twice, once going up and once going down, and I can't find Rick's or Luke's at all yet...

I note that Jayce's Wonka parody debuted today in the charts! :)

We never rotate ours on our site, since our play was low until you gave us this station opportunity. I have noticed some of our non station songs getting occasional plays lately tho.' :) I still cannot get over the fact that in 3 years, there are 59 people loopy enough to want to download me singing off Key "A Little Flat Flounder, Fried" ::)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/14/07 at 1:16 am

Thanks Dave!

Incidentally, I see the Soundclick chart for today is updated, but maybe it isn't finished yet as there are some glitches - Josh's Threw Up in My Car is listed twice, once going up and once going down, and I can't find Rick's or Luke's at all yet...

I note that Jayce's Wonka parody debuted today in the charts! :)

We never rotate ours on our site, since our play was low until you gave us this station opportunity. I have noticed some of our non station songs getting occasional plays lately tho.' :) I still cannot get over the fact that in 3 years, there are 59 people loopy enough to want to download me singing off Key "A Little Flat Flounder, Fried" ::)

That's because all of them are now suddenly in the Top 10. . .The charts have changed apparently, because South Park got 50+ listens, but wasn't my top song, instead out of nowhere Weenie in a Hot Bun is now NUMBER 2 on the comedy charts, number 1 on adult. . .I think now they use Downloads too. . .because that is the only explination as Weenie in a Bottle got 11 downloads to South Park's 1  Whatever it is, the charts have gone nutso. . .in a good way I think . . .people don't retain the same spot for days on end any more. . .but at the same time I'm thinking the Hall of Fame needs to be discontinued--if this continues my whole parography will be on the station in no time, as will any other artists who have one good day. . .I mean 4 of us are up there today. . .4 That's Crazy

Written By: skittlesking on 02/14/07 at 1:41 am

Uh. .. quick vote. . .the Hall of Fame I think needs to end and back to just 5 automatically for all artists--although we'll still have Hall of Fame. . .it just won't be permanent rotation. . .or we'll change it to Top Song or Songs that hold it for a certain amount of time. . .the reason I'm saying this is because now the charts ARE FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!  What this also means, is it appears Downloads, Listens AND Hot votes affect standings. . .not just listens. . .The result WE ARE KICKING BUTT. . .the problem, my entire Parography and I suspect probably a few others among us, have a lot of downloads daily. . .that's great, but it means my songs will be changing hands a lot, which means I very realistically could have every one of my 28 parodies Immortalized onto the station within a number of months, and eventually it will be entire collections. . .what are your guys' thoughts. . .I want the Hall of Fame, but perhaps not permanent rotation. . .what do you guys think.

**BEST DAY WE'VE EVER HAD***
**Below Average Dave's Weenie on a Hot Bun became the third song to earn Hall of Fame status, it joined Rick Cormier's Pew-Yew Pussy Scat and Dave's first hit South Park**
**Luke Brattoni's Real Slim Ladies became the fourth song to earn Hall of Fame status**
**Vocally Challenged's Snakes on a Plane became the Fifth Song to earn Hall of Fame Status**

Below Average Dave hit 2nd place with Weenie on a Hot Bun (Up 6)
Rick Cormier hit 4th place with Pee-Yew Pussy Scat (Up 48)
Luke Brattoni hit 5th place with Real Slim Ladies (Up 58) **Luke is today's BIG MOVER**
Vocally Challenged hit 9th with Snakes on a Plane (Up 44)
Phil Alexander was in 128th with I Will Survive Dieting (Dn 1)
Jeff Reuben's Cross Eyed Girl was in 129th (Dn 8)
Josh 2's Threw Up in the Car was in 130th (Up 14)--this turned out to be the real rank
Merry & Pippin's Fifty Ways to Piss off PETA was in 143rd (Dn 5)--see not that bad of a drop
Nuclear Bubble Wrap's Wonka Door was in 169th (Dn 4)
Kristof Robertson's  Hookers at my Front Door was in 185th (Dn 7)--NEW SONGS COMING SAYS KRISTOF
Rocksann--Debut not found--WELCOME FAN FAV-ROCKSANN with "Everyone Must Hate Ants"-#11

New Ad coming later today or Friday--I know, that's what the situation is though unfortunately

SIDE NOTE: Below Average Dave's Weenie in a Hot Bun Became NUMBER 1 ON ADULT COMEDY, OVERTAKING Yeah B**CH which HAD HELD IT FOR ALMOST A MONTH--CONGRATULATIONS AMIRIGHT--WE HAVE TAKEN HUGE STEPS. . .3 of the top 5 and 4 of the top 10 ARE HELD BY US!!!!  Let's keep it up! 

Merry & Pippin have suggested weekly rotating the order of classics on the station that aren't rotating. . .what do you guys think, I think it's a great idea. . .any other opinions?

Chucky we are taking off here, this is big news, maybe I should link to this thread in your news announcements. . .AmIRight Artists take 4 of top 10 spots on Soundclick Comedy!!  This was a surprise to I think EVERYONE. . .and still WE ARE ALL IN THE TOP 200--I'm so excited I could just eat a big Canadian Bacon Pizza with Crushed Red Pepper and a Side of Fatty Grease. . .I'm so Crazy right now.

Written By: EthanM on 02/14/07 at 11:10 am

This chart jump is especially surprising because I looked at my listens and yesterday was a relatively slow day for that. Maybe there were some hot votes...I don't know.

It could be download related, too. A few days ago SOAP got downloaded 17 times with only 29 listens.

Written By: Josh2 on 02/14/07 at 2:00 pm

How do you lot promote yours songs? also, does just playing the station over increase listens? or do i have to reopen it for more 'listens' to be added, cos ive started to put the station on, and continuely play it, and put the sound down if im lsitening to something else, and also just leaving it playing if im away form the comp.

Also, at some point I would like to record something, however I'm just getting over the flu and so my voice is in bad shape.

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/14/07 at 2:56 pm

I just went to check the charts positions and got "charts are currently being updated' at 1 p.m.! Waaaaa?  ???

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/14/07 at 3:12 pm

Grrrr! They just changed the charts in the middle of the day and everyone plummeted....  :\'(

It doesn't make any sense either, as they are not showing any stats for a new day (ie: 14 Feb). So what are they basing the latest chart update on?... it cannot be yesterday's totals as those were the ones that raised everyone... ???

Written By: EthanM on 02/14/07 at 3:53 pm

The earlier update must've been some sort of mistake, since I don't think that my total listens for yesterday justified anything except for a plummet.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/14/07 at 3:54 pm

How do you lot promote yours songs? also, does just playing the station over increase listens? or do i have to reopen it for more 'listens' to be added, cos ive started to put the station on, and continuely play it, and put the sound down if im lsitening to something else, and also just leaving it playing if im away form the comp.

Also, at some point I would like to record something, however I'm just getting over the flu and so my voice is in bad shape.

Hey Josh2, Let me know when you do , I can get you some better midis. . .Everytime a song plays that song gets a listen. . .the best way to increase it is to Listen to the whole station . . .quick trick. . .I've noticed that you can up your listens quickly when you don't have time by listening to 30 seconds of each song and it still counts because the listens are based on how many times the info for the song is loaded in the player not the streams themselves. .  .I still listen to the entire song. . .but sometimes I'll put it on play and turn off my speakers right before work when I don't have time. . .as long as it plays it counts.  I promote my songs here on the head page of AmIRight and on badave because it's my site. . .my songs also have built a bit of a cult following because of the number of stations who have chosen to add my songs. . .sometimes just getting one big hit (in my case it was Wind Beneath My Butt) to open the door for the others.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/14/07 at 3:58 pm

Yeah, now it's back to normal with the total listens because South Park is in 18th, it had a whole lot of listens which explains how it got up there. . .perhaps the first one was by listens and downloads and the second one by listens. . .it's so weird. . .it was official though because Weenie in a Bottle has 1st and 2nd still listed on it as official. . .so perhaps they are going to start doing this regularly. . .I hope not--one or the other--that was odd.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/15/07 at 12:07 am

Well--tomorrows standings will base the improvement on the 2nd set of standings, being that after they "corrected" the standings (I loved what was posted this morning though). . .only one song was still in the Top 20. . .

Here are what the up and down tomorrow will start from

Below Average Dave was in 18th
Rick Cormier was in 64th
Luke Brattoni was in 74th
Vocally Challenged was in 114th (I have to wonder how the heck a song goes from 9th to 114th???)
Phil Alexander 152nd
Jeff Reuben 153rd
Josh 2 162nd
Kristof Robertson 188th (Almost the same rank)
Merry & Pippin 194th
Nuclear Bubble Wrap 213th
Rocksann 652nd

Merry & Pippin wasn't kidding about the 2nd update plumit. . .although I must admit I would have been happy with my 18th in the first place. . .but the 2nd place song being in 64th??? Ugh--were the listens down?  Mine were up across the board so I don't know what the heck went on with the rest of the songs. . .the charts were wild yesterday, let's see what happens this morning. 

South Park got 26 listens, that's 6 more than the day before and one download (consistant it is)

Weenie on a Hot Bun got 57 listens (A One Day Record for Me), 37 more than the previous day, 6 DLs

**Weenie on a Hot Bun got it's 100th listen yesterday too, it's only 2 and a half days old-that's a record for me as far as how many days to hit 100 listens**

Written By: skittlesking on 02/15/07 at 1:29 am

Daily Update. . .Weenie in a Hot Bun hit 15th today, the highest I've reached barring that odd, um, out of nowhere 2nd place for 4 hours thing. . .

Below Average Dave hit a weenier with 15th, Up 3 Spots

Luke Brattoni Slimed to 31st, Up 43 Spots

Rick Cormier scatted a recovery 54th, Up 10 Spots

Vocally Challenged is back in his seat with 60th, thats Up 54 Spots

Phil Alexander survived his diet in 122nd, that's up 30 Spots

Jeff Reuben is still cross eyed 142nd, Up 11 Spots

Merry & Pippin really pissed off PETA by hitting 146th, Up 48 Spots

Nuclear Bubble Wrap got the Golden Ticket in 157th, Up 56

Josh2 hurled a few spots, 165th which is a drop of 3

Kristof Robertson shooed a couple hookers and raised his property value 8 spots for 180th

Rocksann took her hatred of ants Up an amazin 310 spots for 342nd and is today's BIG MOVER

Sorry, was bored, wanted to do more than simply POST the update.

Subject: Re: AmIRight Parody Channel on Soundclick, 12 Parodists and Counting!!

Written By: skittlesking on 02/16/07 at 10:42 am

Daily Update

Below Average Dave slipped 5 spots for 20th

Luke Brattoni had a slimming day, down 14 for 45th

Rick Cormier also has a slight dip, down 12 for 66th

Vocally Challenged dipped 16 for 76th

Phil Alexander Soared 25 spots for 97th

Jeff Reuben jumped 21 spots for 121st

Kristof Robertson, despite the news yesterday, had a great day, up 48 spots for 132nd

Nuclear Bubble Wrap jumepd 23 spots for 134th

Red Ant debuted at 142nd

Josh2 slipped 6 spots for 171st

Merry & Pippin slipped 27 spots for 173rd

Rocksann was yesterday's BIG MOVER, up 65 spots for 277th

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/16/07 at 11:57 am

I am beginning to think these charts are really bogus. PETA has one of it's best listening days ever yesterday, and yet we plummeted. Doesn't make any sense.  :\'(

Written By: jreuben on 02/16/07 at 12:44 pm

I won't pretend to understand how the rankings really work, but it is possible that you had one listener listening multiple times...so your "unique" listens, upon which the charts are supposed to be based, were significantly lower than the total number of listens.  It's too bad they don't give you that information (maybe they do with a VIP account...I don't know).

-Jeff

I am beginning to think these charts are really bogus. PETA has one of it's best listening days ever yesterday, and yet we plummeted. Doesn't make any sense.  :\'(

Written By: Josh2 on 02/16/07 at 3:33 pm

hey Jeff, I dont mean to sound picky, but any chance you could put your replies after the quote? It can be real confusing when your reading a reply and ahve no diea what the person is actually tlaking aobut.

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/17/07 at 1:04 am

I won't pretend to understand how the rankings really work, but it is possible that you had one listener listening multiple times...so your "unique" listens, upon which the charts are supposed to be based, were significantly lower than the total number of listens.  It's too bad they don't give you that information (maybe they do with a VIP account...I don't know).

-Jeff

It just went back up to 150....I feel like a friggin' teeter-totter.... ::)

Only 8 plays today, but I note 2 downlaods (as opposed to 0 yesterday) - wonder if that is making a diff?

Written By: Josh2 on 02/17/07 at 6:49 am

i played the whole station at least 3 times yesterday, uis there anyway to get the whole thing to continuously loop?

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/17/07 at 7:01 am

It just went back up to 150....I feel like a friggin' teeter-totter.... ::)

Arrrgghh

"Teeter-Totter" - one of the world's hokiest expressions  >:(

Now you have me thinking of that damn Brady Bunch episode  :o  Kill me now  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: skittlesking on 02/17/07 at 7:28 am

***badave.com and the rest of my stuff will be updated tonight---sorry guys I have had too much work between my side job building websites and H&R Block taxes. . .a problem I honestly wish I had more often. . .but tonight expect updates in all that I do because I only work 8 hours today.***

Below Average Dave 27th (Dn 7)
Luke Brattoni 52nd (Dn 7)
Vocally Challenged 73rd (Up 3)
Rick Cormier 101st (Dn 35)
Phil Alexander 106th (Dn 9)
Red Ant 124th (Up 18)
Jeff Reuben 127th (Dn 6)
Josh2 147th (Up 24) **Josh2 was today's big mover**
Merry & Pippin 150th (Up 23)
Nuclear Bubble Wrap 154th (Dn 20)
Kristof Robertson 167th (Dn 35)
Rocksann 253rd (Up 24)

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/17/07 at 12:35 pm

i played the whole station at least 3 times yesterday, uis there anyway to get the whole thing to continuously loop?

I find that if I put it on shuffle and have to leave the room for a bit I will often come back to find it has played a dozen songs and then stopped, so I have to restart it anyway... ::)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/20/07 at 3:19 pm

Daily Update-an off day with two notable exceptions...

Below Average Dave lost 8 weenies and hit 44th

Vocally Challenged's plane dropped 16 miles to 68th

Red Ant Continues to break into new heights, 19 spots for 85th

Merry & Pippin are pi**ing off all of PETA as they soar to 96th ***BIG MOVER FOR TODAY**

Luke Brattoni's Baby Britney starved a bit as he slipped 12 spots to 106th

Rick Cormier's kitty scat was stale-mated 2 spots down for 107th

Kristof Robertson's neigborhood hookers took the day off 4 spots for 144th

Phil Alexander's weight slipped 18 pounts to 150th

Josh 2's car hurled up 4 spots to 151st

Jeff Reuben's girlfriend lost 3 spots for 166th

Nuclear Bubble Wrap Oompa Loompaed down 3 spots to 172nd

Rocksann's Ants had tea and 12 of them apparently didn't come back, 260th

We can do better today--but on a side note. . Congrats to Merry & Pippin on their first Top 100 acheivement since joining the station, and to Red Ant for his as well!

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/20/07 at 5:04 pm

We can do better today--but on a side note. . Congrats to Merry & Pippin on their first Top 100 acheivement since joining the station, and to Red Ant for his as well!

Thanks Dave - I was really thrilled to see PETA break into the top 100 again (according to the song statistics, 96 was the highest it ever got last year when we first released it).

I credit its recent inclusion on Badave.com in helping it get more plays. Just want to let you know how much I appreciate you making this opportunity available.  :)

Now, on another note, I noticed that some of our artists are not downloadable on Soundclick...that must negatively affect their ratings, which is a shame. Any explanation for the non-downloadability? ??? (I really wanted a copy of "Hookers" for my continued listening pleasure...  8)  )

Written By: skittlesking on 02/20/07 at 5:25 pm

Thanks Dave - I was really thrilled to see PETA break into the top 100 again (according to the song statistics, 96 was the highest it ever got last year when we first released it).

I credit its recent inclusion on Badave.com in helping it get more plays. Just want to let you know how much I appreciate you making this opportunity available.  :)

Now, on another note, I noticed that some of our artists are not downloadable on Soundclick...that must negatively affect their ratings, which is a shame. Any explanation for the non-downloadability? ??? (I really wanted a copy of "Hookers" for my continued listening pleasure...  8)  )

When an artist uploads a song, they have an option to make the song available for listen only, free download or paid download. . .by default it's "listen only", although occassionally an artist does that intentionally, it is usually an accident. . .My first 14 were non-download for a long time just because I didn't realize that you had to choose to make them downloadable. . .An artist may change this by going into "song info" and altering it's "licensing status" allowing for downloads to take place.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/20/07 at 5:28 pm

Ohh--and no problem:)  Soon Badave is going to go to new heights..the weenie on a hot bun test is going beautifully. . .it looks like hosting files will not be difficult at all for me because I don't have too many features on my site. . .which means I have the space, and my bandwidth limits are pretty high as it is, and I can afford to offer limited hosting freely--and well that's great news--it means soon there will be a site dedicated to parody recording hosting . . . and one that gives this form of comedic art the light it deserves.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/20/07 at 7:23 pm

Thanks Dave for the stats. I'm sorry to see most artists slipped a few places, but I'm glad a certain "Broken Song" has cracked the top 100.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/21/07 at 2:16 am

Below Average Dave slipped 11 spots for 55th

Rick Cormier moved up 26 for 81st **Today's Big Mover**

Vocally Challenged slipped 21 spots for 89th

Merry & Pippin slipped a spot for 97th

Red Ant slipped 22 spots #107

Luke Brattoni slipped 23 spots for 129th

Kristof Robertson held steady at 144th

Phil Alexander slipped 7 spots to 157th

Jeff Reuben jumped 8 spots to 158th

Josh2 dipped 9 spots to 160th

Nuclear Bubble Wrap jumped 6 spots to 166th

Rocksann inched up 3 spots to 257th

Matthias Debuts on the station today, and thus has not yet ranked.

Written By: jreuben on 02/21/07 at 7:37 am

And Mr. Ant is hanging around at #107 (down 22)

Subject: Re: AmIRight Parody Channel on Soundclick, 13 Parodists and Counting!!

Written By: skittlesking on 02/22/07 at 12:11 am

An off day to speak, on a bright note for myself, Matthias Guy ranked 74th in General Comedy, that became my 19th ranking song. . .one more and I'll make an announcement for my 20th charting single. . .Weenie on a Hot Bun remains my top hit, and although for two days in a row I've had more listens, two days in a row I slipped. . .go figure  Anyhow

1. Below Average Dave slipped 3 to 58th (Top Song: Weenie on a Hot Bun)
2. Merry & Pippin slipped 3 to 100th (Top Song: Fifty Ways to P**s off PETA)
3. Rick Cormier slipped 22 to 103rd (Top Song: Pee-Yew Pussy Scat)
4. Vocally Challenged slipped 15 to 104th (Top Song: Snakes on a Plane)
5. Red Ant slipped 17 to 124th (Top Song: Broken Song)
6. Luke Brattoni inched up 4 to 125th (Top Song: Britney's Baby Loves to Dine)
7. Kristof Robertson jumped 10 to 134th (Top Song: Hookers at My Front Door)
8. Phil Alexander moved up 5 to 152nd (Top Song: I Will Survive (Dieting))
9. Jeff Reuben also moved up 5 to 153rd (Top Song: Cross Eyed Girl)
10. Josh 2 dipped 7 to 167th (Top Song: Threw Up in the Car)
11. Matthias debuted at 187th (Top Song Change: Mime in Your Life)
12. Nuclear Bubble Wrap dived 23 spots to 189th (Top Song Change: We Didn't Watch the Trailer)
13. Rocksann soared 41 spots to 216th (Top Song: Everybody Must Hate Ants)

Today's Big Movers
1st Rocksann hit 216th with Everybody Must Hate Ants, that's 41 spots
      216th is a record for Everybody Must Hate Ants
      it also has a new record of 97th in the General Comedy Charts
2nd Kristof Robertson hit 134th with Hookers at My Front Door, up 10
      83 spots below the song's record 51st in the comedy chart, but nice to see it hanging in the top 200
3rd Phil Alexander hit 152nd with I Will Survive (Dieting), up 5
    122 spots below the songs record 30th in the Comedy Charts
4th Jeff Reuben hit 153rd with Cross-Eyed Girl, up 5
    Well it sits 81 spots underneath it's highest achievement (62nd) but still holding steady
5th Niboswald/Luke Brattoni was in 125th, up 4
    29 spots below it's record of 94th, but still a young song on the charts (relatively speaking)

Written By: karen on 02/22/07 at 5:26 am

I'm not sure that you will be able to do anything about this but is there any way to get all the songs to play at the same volume? 

I am listening to it at work (on lo-fi shuffle) and I have to keep altering my volume setting for each track so that it doesn't blast out.  For example M and P Choosing my religion was nice at volume setting 20 then Nuclear Bubble Wrap - I Cannot Sing only needs to be at number 5

Written By: jreuben on 02/22/07 at 7:40 am

I'm not sure that you will be able to do anything about this but is there any way to get all the songs to play at the same volume? 

I am listening to it at work (on lo-fi shuffle) and I have to keep altering my volume setting for each track so that it doesn't blast out.  For example M and P Choosing my religion was nice at volume setting 20 then Nuclear Bubble Wrap - I Cannot Sing only needs to be at number 5

I'm guessing that would be difficult, since we're all recording with different setups.  Especially the older songs.  Unless we all submit our songs to one person, who balances all the songs to the same output level, or we all agree to save our songs at the same output level (and can figure out how to do that), there's not much we can do.

Written By: Rick D on 02/22/07 at 9:10 am

I have some original songs on Soundclick, but I didnt include parodies. Do I get an honorary spot? or should I put a few parodies on?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=485731

Written By: skittlesking on 02/22/07 at 10:54 am

I'm guessing that would be difficult, since we're all recording with different setups.  Especially the older songs.  Unless we all submit our songs to one person, who balances all the songs to the same output level, or we all agree to save our songs at the same output level (and can figure out how to do that), there's not much we can do.

Yep Jeff, hit the head on the nail--I aim for a middle range myself so that my songs are somewhat comfortable in both ends. . .but certain high quality recording programs produce fuller results which means they are going to be naturally louder beause of their quality of recording, many of the older ones used less 'exotic' programs--although in the case of Merry & Pippin, I personally could increase the overall volume on their music if they'd like. . .never thought about it, they'd have to upload them again--but it's something I could do . . . .can soften songs too--but don't think I want to do that.

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/23/07 at 8:23 pm

February 23 (or 22 depending on how you count it) :)

1. Below Average Dave slipped 10 to 68th (Top Song: Weenie on a Hot Bun)
2. Merry & Pippin slipped 5 to 105th (Top Song: Fifty Ways to P**s off PETA)
3. Luke Brattoni jumped 16 to 109th (Top Song: Britney's Baby Loves to Dine)
4. Rick Cormier slipped 24 to 127th (Top Song: Pee-Yew Pussy Scat)
5. Vocally Challenged slipped 24 to 128th (Top Song: Snakes on a Plane)
6. Kristof Robertson jumped 4 to 130th (Top Song: Hookers at My Front Door)
7. Jeff Reuben moved up 17 to 136th (Top Song: Cross Eyed Girl)
8. Matthias leaped 33 to 145 (Top Song Change: Mime in Your Life) (Matthias was today's big mover!)
9. Red Ant slipped 30 to 154th (Top Song: Broken Song)
10. Josh 2 rose 11 to 156th (Top Song: Threw Up in the Car)
11. Phil Alexander dropped14 to 166th (Top Song: I Will Survive (Dieting))
12. Nuclear Bubble Wrap rose 6 to 183rd (Top Song Change: We Didn't Watch the Trailer)
13. Rocksann dropped 3 to 219th (Top Song: Everybody Must Hate Ants)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/24/07 at 9:26 pm

1. Below Average Dave bombed 41 spots to 109th (Top Song: Weenie on a Hot Bun)
2. Merry & Pippin slipped 8 to 113th (Top Song: Fifty Ways to P**s off PETA)
3. Matthias climbed 24 to 121st (Top Song: Mime in Your Life) (Matthias was today's big mover!)
4. Luke Brattoni slipped 13 to 122nd (Top Song: Britney's Baby Loves to Dine)
5. Rick Cormier inched up 4 spots to 123rd (Top Song: Pee-Yew Pussy Scat)
6. Vocally Challenged slipped 10 to 138th (Top Song: Snakes on a Plane)
7. Jeff Reuben dipped 10 spots to 146th (Top Song: Cross Eyed Girl)
8. Kristof Robertson dropped 19 spots to 149th (Top Song: Hookers at My Front Door)
9. Phil Alexander soared 12 spots to 154th (Top Song: I Will Survive (Dieting))
10. Red Ant slipped 11 to 165th (Top Song: Broken Song)
11. Josh 2 fell 10 spots to 166th (Top Song: Threw Up in the Car)
12. Nuclear Bubble Wrap dived 12 spots to 195th (Top Song: We Didn't Watch the Trailer)
13. Rocksann dropped 9 to 228th (Top Song: Everybody Must Hate Ants)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/26/07 at 9:44 am

1. Below Average Dave bombed 41 spots to 109th (Top Song: Weenie on a Hot Bun)
2. Merry & Pippin slipped 8 to 113th (Top Song: Fifty Ways to P**s off PETA)
3. Matthias climbed 24 to 121st (Top Song: Mime in Your Life) (Matthias was today's big mover!)
4. Luke Brattoni slipped 13 to 122nd (Top Song: Britney's Baby Loves to Dine)
5. Rick Cormier inched up 4 spots to 123rd (Top Song: Pee-Yew Pussy Scat)
6. Vocally Challenged slipped 10 to 138th (Top Song: Snakes on a Plane)
7. Jeff Reuben dipped 10 spots to 146th (Top Song: Cross Eyed Girl)
8. Kristof Robertson dropped 19 spots to 149th (Top Song: Hookers at My Front Door)
9. Phil Alexander soared 12 spots to 154th (Top Song: I Will Survive (Dieting))
10. Red Ant slipped 11 to 165th (Top Song: Broken Song)
11. Josh 2 fell 10 spots to 166th (Top Song: Threw Up in the Car)
12. Nuclear Bubble Wrap dived 12 spots to 195th (Top Song: We Didn't Watch the Trailer)
13. Rocksann dropped 9 to 228th (Top Song: Everybody Must Hate Ants)

OOpps I missed a day--Sorry-worked on the site last night all night. . .

Written By: skittlesking on 02/26/07 at 9:58 am

Ok FEB 25---Yesterday's Update, then I'll do todays. . .I wrote them down, but I guess I was so disgusted with my Weenie that I just forgot all about it

1st Matthias with Mime in your Life at 89th (Up 32)
2nd Phil Alexander with Stega Bronto Brachylopho Anodontosaurus at 110th (up 44) **Big Mover**
3rd Below Average Dave with Weenie on a Hot Bun at 128th (dn 19)
4th Merry & Pippin with Fifty ways to Piss off PETA at 130th (dn 17)
5th Luke Brattoni with Britney's Baby Loves to Dine at 137th (dn 15)
6th Rick Cormier with Pee-Yew Pussy Scat at 138th (Dn 15)
7th Vocally Challenged with Snakes on a Plane at 139th (Dn 1)
8th Josh2 at 140th with Threw up in the Car (Up 26)
9th Jeff Reuben at 148th with Cross-Eyed Girl (Dn 2)
10th Kristof Robertson at 161st with Hookers at my Door (Dn 12)
11th Red Ant at 190th with Broken Song (Dn 25)
12th Nuclear Bubble Wrap at 199th with We Didn't Watch the Trailer (Dn 4)
13th Rocksann at 238th with Everybody Must Hate Ants (Dn 10)

Sorry about the delay, that was YESTERDAYS Update
Winners of The Day
1. Phil Alexander got his bones up 44 spots
2. Matthias pretended his way up 32 spots
3. Josh2 puked till he moved up 26 spots
4. Vocally Challenged on an off day only slipped 1 spot--plane is still in the air
5. Despite his new song, Jeff Reuben's Cross Eyed Girl doesn't want to give up the glory, dn 2 spots

Written By: skittlesking on 02/26/07 at 10:06 am

Now the Feb 26th update. . .Congrats Phil on winning yesterdays chart moving among AmIRighters

1st Below Average Dave (Weenie on a Hot Bun) hit 91st (Up 37) **Big Mover**
2nd Phil Alexander (Stega Bronto Brachylopho Anodontosaurus) hit 128th (Dn 18)
3rd Matthias (Mime in Your Life) hit 129th (Dn 40)
4th Vocally Challenged (Snakes on a Plane) hit 136th (Up 3)
5th Merry & Pippin (Fifty Ways to Piss off PETA) hit 148th (Dn 18)
6th Jeff Reuben (Cross-Eyed Girl) hit 150th (Dn 2)
7th Rick Cromier (Pee-Yew Pussy Scat) hit 154th (Dn 16)
8th Luke Brattoni (Britney's Baby Loves to Dine) hit 162nd (Dn 25)
9th Josh 2 (Threw Up in the Car) hit 168th (Dn 28)
10th Kristof Robertson (Hookers at my Door) hit 184th (Dn 23)
11th Red Ant (Broken Song) hit 189th (Up 1)
12th Nuclear Bubble Wrap (We Didn't Watch the Trailer) hit 195th (Up 4)
13th Rocksann (Everybody Must Hate Ants) hit 268th (Dn 30)

It seems when I forget to do updates, most songs struggle. . .I sincerely apologize, I'm trying so hard not to forget anything, once this site is done things will be different and I will probably seek out help from those who can help in their spare time, thanks everyone in advance for your understanding.

Today's Winners (Or weeners depending on how you look at it)
1st Below Average Dave's Weenie jumped 37 spots
2nd Nuclear Bubble Wrap's boycot of flops move up 4 spots
3rd Vocally Challenged's Snakes didn't cause as much damage, moving up 3 spots
4th Red Ant didn't break any further, sustaining an Up 1 Day
5th Jeff Reuben's Still Stuborn Cross Eyed Girlfriend hung on, slipping 2 spots

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/27/07 at 12:48 am

Dave - where did your weenie go? I just went to listen to it and it was missing! :o

Written By: skittlesking on 02/27/07 at 1:02 am

Dave - where did your weenie go? I just went to listen to it and it was missing! :o

That's a question I never thought I'd hear:)

It's still on my page, but it is no longer my newest song, and I always place my contest songs first. . .Weenie on a Hot Bun will be back on the station more than likely though, Because it will likely be my SOTM entrant. . .I also am pretty sure that when the new station comes out, it will be on there regularly as a chart regular. . .

Today's Update. . .

1st Vocally Challenged (Snakes on a Plane) hit 94th (Up 42)
2nd Jeff Reuben (Country Club of Tattered Greens) hit 105th (Up 45) **Big Mover**
3rd Below Average Dave (Weenie on a Hot Bun) hit 115th (Dn 14)
4th Matthias (Mime in Your Life) hit 127th (Up 2)
5th Phil Alexander (Stega Bronto Brachylopho Anodontosaurus) hit 137th (Dn 9)
6th Rick Cromier (Pee-Yew Pussy Scat) hit 151st (Up 3)
7th Merry & Pippin (Fifty Ways to Piss off PETA) hit 162nd (Dn 14)
8th Luke Brattoni (Britney's Baby Loves to Dine) hit 166th (Dn 4)
9th Kristof Robertson (Hookers at my Door) hit 170th (Up 14)
10th Josh 2 (Threw Up in the Car) hit 181st (Dn 13)
11th Nuclear Bubble Wrap (We Didn't Watch the Trailer) hit 202nd (Dn 3)
12th Red Ant (Broken Song) hit 208th (Dn 19)
13th Rocksann (Everybody Must Hate Ants) hit 258th (Up 10)

Today's Winners
1st Jeff Reuben was all green yesterday, jumping 45 spots for 105th
2nd Vocally Challenged avoided a crash landing, soaring 42 spots for 94th
3rd Kristof Robertson's Hookers are back with avengange, up 14 for 170th
4th Rocksann's Ants are back to work moving up 10 for 258th
5th Rick Cormier's Nasty Cat purred up 3 for 151st

Written By: Matthias on 02/27/07 at 1:25 am

I do believe that you need to update, www.badave.com, because I submitted "Mime In Your Life" under "Employment" and it still is not located there.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/27/07 at 1:29 am

I do believe that you need to update, www.badave.com, because I submitted "Mime In Your Life" under "Employment" and it still is not located there.

Matthias, the site is in a phase of Under Construction at the moment and as a result isn't getting the traffic it was before the construction. . .I am holding off the updating until I complete the renovation in which parodies will be hosted on the site too so that all songs get a fair period, I promise you this is intentional and that I am with-holding all new entries through the construction to help make sure that they get the light they deserve. . .your parody will get listed and it will be listed promptly upon the 2nd Grand Opening, a day which should be very heavy in traffic. . .that's why I'm waiting, believe me I have interest in having a strong opening and I want your song to be a big part of it. . .if you'd like I'll post it now though, I was just holding off in order to allow it to be with the rest of the main site's re-opening. . .

Written By: Matthias on 02/27/07 at 2:03 am

Matthias, the site is in a phase of Under Construction at the moment and as a result isn't getting the traffic it was before the construction. . .I am holding off the updating until I complete the renovation in which parodies will be hosted on the site too so that all songs get a fair period, I promise you this is intentional and that I am with-holding all new entries through the construction to help make sure that they get the light they deserve. . .your parody will get listed and it will be listed promptly upon the 2nd Grand Opening, a day which should be very heavy in traffic. . .that's why I'm waiting, believe me I have interest in having a strong opening and I want your song to be a big part of it. . .if you'd like I'll post it now though, I was just holding off in order to allow it to be with the rest of the main site's re-opening. . .

Thank you for the explination, I shall wait

Written By: skittlesking on 02/27/07 at 2:26 am

Thank you for the explination, I shall wait

No Problem, I guess when I went to reply to the pm earlier, I didn't hit send. . .I do apologize for the lack of explination, and Matthias, you know I'd never chide you. . .well maybe you don't know but now you do:)  As always, thank you. . .

Written By: jreuben on 02/27/07 at 9:21 am

Upon further review, I think you're correct. 

I'm thinking the charts are a day behind where we expect.  For example, the charts showing today (2/27) are from the stats on 2/25.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/27/07 at 9:44 am

Upon further review, I think you're correct. 

I'm thinking the charts are a day behind where we expect.  For example, the charts showing today (2/27) are from the stats on 2/25.

I've always felt they kinda have a three day stat rank myself. . It seems my songs hold after a good day for about two days even if the next two days suck, similarly after a bad day (like a 0 if a chart song hits 0) the 0 seems to hold it down the next two days and it's harder for the song to recover.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/28/07 at 1:05 am

Daily Update.. . .

I got three emails asking where Weenie on a Hot Bun went, so I put it back on the station by popular demand, and the song resounded in the charts. . .but it wasn't the best under par today as Jeff went all out for another stellar day. . .However most artists saw a decline a little shy of what Dow did. . .good luck today. . .

1st Jeff Reuben (Country Club of Tattered Greens) hit 59th (Up 46) **Big Mover**
2nd Below Average Dave (Weenie on a Hot Bun) hit 89th (Up 26)
3rd Vocally Challenged (Snakes on a Plane) hit 114th (Dn 20)
4th Phil Alexander (Stega Bronto Brachylopho Anodontosaurus) hit 155th (Dn 18)
5th Matthias (Mime in Your Life) hit 156th (Dn 29)
6th Rick Cromier (Pee-Yew Pussy Scat) hit 162nd (Dn 11)
7th Merry & Pippin (Fifty Ways to Piss off PETA) hit 167th (Dn 5)
8th Kristof Robertson (Hookers at my Door) hit 176th (Dn 6)
9th Luke Brattoni (Britney's Baby Loves to Dine) hit 180th (Dn 14)
10th Josh 2 (Threw Up in the Car) hit 195th (Dn 14)
11th Nuclear Bubble Wrap (We Didn't Watch the Trailer) hit 208th (Dn 6)
12th Red Ant (Broken Song) hit 218th (Dn 10)
13th Rocksann (Everybody Must Hate Ants) hit 248th (Up 10)

Today's Winners
1st Jeff Reuben for the second consecutive day, won the day, jumping 46 spots for 59th
2nd Below Average Dave's Hot Bun got back in the Top 100, Up 26 for 89th
3rd Rocksann's Ants are still marching, despite her new parody, this one is up 10 for 248th
4th Merry & Pippin's PETA hilarity is having an off week, but only dipped 5 for 167th, not bad on a bad day
5th Kristof Robertson's still hanging around, dipping 6 for 176th, again not bad for a bad day.

Written By: skittlesking on 03/01/07 at 11:12 am

Daily Update

1st Jeff Reuben (Country Club of Tattered Greens) hit 77th (Dn 18)
2nd Below Average Dave (Weenie on a Hot Bun) hit 107th (Dn 18)
3rd Vocally Challenged (Snakes on a Plane) hit 131st (Dn 17)
4th Phil Alexander (Stega Bronto Brachylopho Anodontosaurus) hit 142th (Up 13)
5th Merry & Pippin (Fifty Ways to Piss off PETA) hit 148th (Up 19) **Big Mover**
6th Matthias (Mime in Your Life) hit 160th (Dn 4)
7th Rick Cromier (Pee-Yew Pussy Scat) hit 161st (Up 1)
8th Kristof Robertson (Hookers at my Door) hit 185th (Dn 9)
9th Luke Brattoni (Britney's Baby Loves to Dine) hit 194th (Dn 14)
10th Josh 2 (Threw Up in the Car) hit 196th (Dn 1)
11th Nuclear Bubble Wrap (We Didn't Watch the Trailer) hit 198th (Up 10)
12th Red Ant (Broken Song) hit 216th (Up 2)
13th Rocksann (Everybody Must Hate Ants) hit 259th (Dn 11)

Today's Top 5
1st Merry and Pippin moved up 19 Spots, and hit 148th
2nd Phil Alexander jumped 13 Spots for 142nd
3rd Nuclear Bubble Wrap stepped up 10 Spots, back in the Top 200-198th
4th Red Ant featuring Below Average Dave inched 2 Spots up on the charts for 216th
5th Rick Cormier held steady, moving up a spot for 161st

Check for new replies or respond here...