inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ideas for parody comps

Written By: tomario on 02/12/07 at 9:41 am

hi all i have a couple of ideas for parody comps would love to know what you think.

IDEA 1 . Quite simple really we choose one song and all who have chosen to enter have to parody it!
but you have to write a new parody no using your back catalogue.
so at the end we will have a song parodied numerous times but all will be different.

IDEA 2 .Not really a comp more a communual thing .
This would be more involved,how about "IN THE 00S THE MUSICAL !" we form a basic outline for a musical (johnny d might help  ???)boy, girl, parents, animals, shopping and locations ect ect ect.then we cast it ie CHUCKY G the "almighty amirighty", JOHNNY D the "king of parodium" and CAT the "noughty princess" then with the basic plot lines we send you all away to write your parodies for your character,situation.there could even be a duet or two.and i'm sure as always there will be no shortage of help and ideas.
with "ages" going at the moment i'm not sure how practical it would be  at the moment.
please post below and let me know what you think!   :)

Subject: Re: ideas for parody comps

Written By: EthanM on 02/12/07 at 9:50 am

I like the musical idea, but if a lot of people do participate, which is probably the way to get the best overall product, then a lot of material will probably have to get cut. Who decides what stays and what goes?

Written By: tomario on 02/12/07 at 10:50 am

I like the musical idea, but if a lot of people do participate, which is probably the way to get the best overall product, then a lot of material will probably have to get cut. Who decides what stays and what goes?

anybody who enters gets a part and will have to write their own song unless it's a duet, then they would write it with their partner.
quality is assured because of the calibre of parodeers on the site.  :)
the alternative would be to have  two or more people for each part the rest of the "cast" vote for the parody they like best using normal voting ettiqutte.

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/12/07 at 3:03 pm

I'm in Ages, but I'm expecting to move to a new apartment AND have a baby in the family within the next month. No way I could think of joining in another time-sensitive, all-new project until this fall at the least. But there's some good ideas, tom.

Written By: tomario on 02/12/07 at 3:27 pm

I'm in Ages, but I'm expecting to move to a new apartment AND have a baby in the family within the next month. No way I could think of joining in another time-sensitive, all-new project until this fall at the least. But there's some good ideas, tom.

that was my worry the single song would only take a month or so but a musical .maybe we will take it slowly we have to have auditons read throughs, rehearsals.
but on a totally different note your name fits perfectly with "yesterday" so keep your eye out for a tribute to agrimorfee!  :D

Written By: Johnny_D on 02/12/07 at 3:30 pm

hi all i have a couple of ideas for parody comps would love to know what you think.

IDEA 1 . Quite simple really we choose one song and all who have chosen to enter have to parody it!
but you have to write a new parody no using your back catalogue.
so at the end we will have a song parodied numerous times but all will be different.

IDEA 2 .Not really a comp more a communual thing .
This would be more involved,how about "IN THE 00S THE MUSICAL !" we form a basic outline for a musical (johnny d might help  ???)boy, girl, parents, animals, shopping and locations ect ect ect.then we cast it ie CHUCKY G the "almighty amirighty", JOHNNY D the "king of parodium" and CAT the "noughty princess" then with the basic plot lines we send you all away to write your parodies for your character,situation.there could even be a duet or two.and i'm sure as always there will be no shortage of help and ideas.
with "ages" going at the moment i'm not sure how practical it would be  at the moment.
please post below and let me know what you think!  :)

Wow -- thank you, very much, for considering me as a potential participant in such a fun and creative project!

I am honored -- thanks again !!!  ;D

There's so much going on in my "non-Internet life" these days that I don't have time to participate in the proposed project -- but there are many extremely talented and enthusiastic parody writers active on AmiRight & inthe00s who can certainly carry this project forward to a brilliantly successful conclusion.

My best wishes to all involved -- I'll be watching and cheering you on from the sidelines!  ;D

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/12/07 at 3:34 pm

but on a totally different note your name fits perfectly with "yesterday" so keep your eye out for a tribute to agrimorfee!  :D

:o (3 syllables<4 syllables...if you say so. i am honored...Good look!)

Written By: Cat on 02/12/07 at 9:02 pm

Wow! I'm glad to be considered for such a project as well! ;D

I do agree with Agri that there's no way I could join another major parody project for at least three more months, but being that you started The Great Parody Challenge, which in turn begat the Decathalon and Ages of Amiright, the sky's the limit when it comes to contests and projects!

Written By: Cat on 02/16/07 at 7:55 pm

Hey, I came up for an idea for a comp today, and I'd like to know what you guys think of it.

It'd be called the "AmIRight All Request Hour" and in it, we'd all randomly pick a parodist and an OS (although no two people could pick the same parodist, it's first come, first served!) and that parodist would have two weeks to parody that OS in any manner he or she pleases. Then we'd vote and pick a winner. It'd sort of be like the Great Parody Challenge, only the choosing is in our hands. We'd have to provide a song file and lyrics for the OS we choose for someone else, though.

I think it would be fun! And there are some parodist-OS matches I've always wanted to see myself, I dunno about you guys but I think at least some of you might feel the same...;)

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/20/07 at 9:41 am

Hey, I came up for an idea for a comp today, and I'd like to know what you guys think of it.

It'd be called the "AmIRight All Request Hour" and in it, we'd all randomly pick a parodist and an OS (although no two people could pick the same parodist, it's first come, first served!) and that parodist would have two weeks to parody that OS in any manner he or she pleases. Then we'd vote and pick a winner. It'd sort of be like the Great Parody Challenge, only the choosing is in our hands. We'd have to provide a song file and lyrics for the OS we choose for someone else, though.

I think it would be fun! And there are some parodist-OS matches I've always wanted to see myself, I dunno about you guys but I think at least some of you might feel the same...;)

I don't know how this would be formulated in a group competition, but I could see it being done in a Duel, a Throwdown if you will.

My capabilities for mp3s are negligible...my challenger may have to provide a video in a link not requiring an external media player in addition to lyrics.

Written By: Cat on 02/22/07 at 10:17 pm

That'll be no problem. You can find pretty much anything on Youtube, and if not there, through AltaVista or the Hype Machine.

Check for new replies or respond here...