inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Another Robertson Makes Headlines!!

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 02/16/07 at 4:55 am

Check out the link below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=436499&in_page_id=1773

You've probably heard the story, and someone may be thinking, "hmmmm, parody material!". Before you put pen to paper, you might like to know that the stewardess inquestion is.....my cousin!
I'm not joking: the story's been all over the tabloids here in the UK, and it's quite disconcerting to see a relative's photo staring back at you, next to words like "scandal", "mile-high club" etc. And to think, I used to play on the swings with her when we were kids. EEEEK!

I think I need a drink.....

Subject: Re: Another Robertson Makes Headlines!!

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 02/16/07 at 7:37 am

NO

WAY

!  !  ! 

:o :o :o

Too right on the halfway through a parody bit Kristof - I was about to rewrite my "Beavers On A Jetplane" to that story - I was thinking that story's the best gift to amiright since Janet Jackson's Breastgate

but, out of honour for my buddy, consider those ideas shelved

but, wow, I just can NOT imagine seeing one of my cousins up on BBC News next to the word "Scandal"

just, wow :-\\

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 02/16/07 at 8:30 am

NO

WAY

!  !  ! 

:o :o :o

Too right on the halfway through a parody bit Kristof - I was about to rewrite my "Beavers On A Jetplane" to that story - I was thinking that story's the best gift to amiright since Janet Jackson's Breastgate

but, out of honour for my buddy, consider those ideas shelved

but, wow, I just can NOT imagine seeing one of my cousins up on BBC News next to the word "Scandal"

just, wow :-\\

Thanks,amigo!

I have to admit that when I first heard the story I thought "YES!! Parody paradise! I wonder who the nympho stewardess was..." Those thoughts have come back to haunt me...

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/16/07 at 12:04 pm

You should write it anyway Kristof - maybe she will include it in her book...  ;)

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/16/07 at 12:39 pm

Wow! This will be interesting topic of conversation at the next Christmas gathering!  :o

Written By: philbo on 02/16/07 at 5:08 pm

You've probably heard the story, and someone may be thinking, "hmmmm, parody material!". Before you put pen to paper, you might like to know that the stewardess inquestion is.....my cousin!
I'm not joking: the story's been all over the tabloids here in the UK, and it's quite disconcerting to see a relative's photo staring back at you, next to words like "scandal", "mile-high club" etc. And to think, I used to play on the swings with her when we were kids. EEEEK!

Hell, surely you could get a few grand from one of the tabloids with a lure about how you used to "swing" with her?

Did she have to pay any Feinnes?

Have to admit that if any of my cousins ended up in that sort of story, I'd be fairly surprised... that they became stewardesses.  But not at much else :)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/16/07 at 5:13 pm

Check out the link below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=436499&in_page_id=1773

I think I need a drink.....

I hope you have had that drink, Kristof...

You know how much the Aussies love to follow whatever happens in or involving the UK....

I can assure you it's been all over the news here as well  :o :o :o

Written By: John Jenkins on 02/16/07 at 5:20 pm

Isn't it now PC to call them flight attendants, not stewardesses?

Mr. Fiennes probably thinks that, now that he is an advocate of having safe sex, that he should do some experimenting safe and unsafe, so he knows what he is talking about.

I agree with everybody else that there has to be a capitalist angle for the cousin of the new celebrity to exploit!

Written By: Peregrin on 02/16/07 at 5:51 pm

I can't see what the issue is !

I am sure many many people have had a ralph in an aircraft toilet down the years  :P

Written By: Red Ant on 02/16/07 at 6:08 pm

Wow, holy crap. Drink up Kristof!

Written By: Cat on 02/16/07 at 8:20 pm

All I have to say is Double-yew. Tee. Eff.

Good god, Kris, that's gotta be traumatic! I hope you don't take out a suit on us if any of us spoof it.  ::)

What I want to know is how those people fit in there...are the airplane bathrooms extra roomy or what? And Peregrin, your comment made me laugh out loud, but it's kind of ruined by the fact that the pretentious Mr. Fiennes actually pronounces it "Rafe." Bah. I always preferred Joseph, anyway. (Shakespeare in Love...rawr.)

Written By: Spaff.com on 02/16/07 at 9:39 pm

"Beavers On A Jetplane"

Or "I Feel Fiennes."

This is my new favorite story. Congratulations, condolences, and thanks, Kristof. The best quote of all comes from Lisa's father, i.e., your Uncle Graham (http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2007-02/16/content_5746389.htm):

"Lisa just does her job and if someone wants a cup of coffee and biscuits, she looks after them."

On my next flight, I'm DEFINITELY asking for a cup of coffee and biscuits.

Mr. Fiennes actually pronounces it "Rafe."

There was a Fiennes fellow named Ralph
Who found frequent flying unsalph.
"I'm not scared of bombs,"
He yelled from the john,
"But, boy, does this stewardess chalph!"

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Peregrin on 02/16/07 at 9:40 pm

And Peregrin, your comment made me laugh out loud, but it's kind of ruined by the fact that the pretentious Mr. Fiennes actually pronounces it "Rafe." Bah. I always preferred Joseph, anyway. (Shakespeare in Love...rawr.)

Yeah, I knew....  :)

But I wasn't going to let a fact stand in the way of a good story  :D  Glad you liked it  ;)

Written By: Peregrin on 02/16/07 at 9:42 pm

Or "I Feel Fiennes."

This is my new favorite story. Congratulations, condolences, and thanks, Kristof. The best quote of all comes from Lisa's father, i.e., your Uncle Graham (http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2007-02/16/content_5746389.htm):

"Lisa just does her job and if someone wants a cup of coffee and biscuits, she looks after them."

Spot on Spaff !

I think I'd like seconds  :) 

Written By: Cat on 02/16/07 at 10:31 pm

He yelled from the john,

Oh my god. I am DYING.

Dammit Spaff, how come you have to be so good at the spur-of-the-moment joke??

Written By: philbo on 02/17/07 at 5:48 am

Spaff, that was most unkind... my children came in to ask what I was laughing about :-[

But pronounced "Rafe" or "Ralph", I still can't hear the name without pronouncing it mentally as though it were Scooby Doo saying it.  In this case, I'm sure Scooby would be saying "Rafe rex"

Written By: karen on 04/30/07 at 7:22 am

This story was part of an article in the Sunday Times magazine yesterday entitled "Coffee, Tea or Me?"

Written By: Rex on 04/30/07 at 8:23 am

In this case, I'm sure Scooby would be saying "Rafe rex"

I hate when he does that.

Written By: Leigh O'Shay on 04/30/07 at 11:40 pm

Or "I Feel Fiennes."

He yelled from the john,

xoxox
Spaff

BWAAAAH!!!  Classic.

Condolences, Kristof.

Check for new replies or respond here...