inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Parody Hosting Coming, What do you think

Written By: skittlesking on 02/19/07 at 6:35 pm

Badave.com is testing the waters with hosting recorded parodies instead of linking to them. . .quick easy question to increase your poll totals.

Subject: Re: Parody Hosting Coming, What do you think

Written By: Red Ant on 02/20/07 at 7:22 pm

I'm very much in favor of badave.com hosting parodies rather than putting them on Soundclick.com. Spaff pointed out on another thread that Soundclick's fine print is a bit worrying (to me anyway). 10 recorded parodies hosted for free, without ads, is a great deal IMO, and 6 other voters unanimously agreed with that in the poll.

I'm moving slowly closer to recording a parody myself. I messed around with Music Maker 11 a bit this weekend... I guess I need to read the .pdf file (all 700 pages of it) to figure out how to augment MIDI and convert it into another format.

My Soundblaster X-Fi still has several gremlins plaguing it, not the least of which is that it won't save my effect presets w/o crashing.

Subject: Re: Parody Hosting Coming, What do you think

Written By: skittlesking on 02/20/07 at 7:48 pm

I'm very much in favor of badave.com hosting parodies rather than putting them on Soundclick.com. Spaff pointed out on another thread that Soundclick's fine print is a bit worrying (to me anyway). 10 recorded parodies hosted for free, without ads, is a great deal IMO, and 6 other voters unanimously agreed with that in the poll.

I'm moving slowly closer to recording a parody myself. I messed around with Music Maker 11 a bit this weekend... I guess I need to read the .pdf file (all 700 pages of it) to figure out how to augment MIDI and convert it into another format.

My Soundblaster X-Fi still has several gremlins plaguing it, not the least of which is that it won't save my effect presets w/o crashing.

I can help with that midi stuff. . .just let me know when you have one, I have Anvil Studio--that's what I use to alter my midis--and I can convert them to MP3 in the process.

Check for new replies or respond here...