inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Should there be an Amiright Parody Station specifically for charting songs?

Written By: Meriadoc on 02/23/07 at 7:59 pm

Dave has proposed to me making a second Amiright Parody Station specifically for songs that are currentlly charting on Soundclick. It would be a smaller venue that the original station, containing at the moment for instance only 13 songs, but might be less overwhelming for some listeners on a daily basis. The two options for this Station would be either songs charting on the main comedy chart only or songs including all comedy sub-genres.

Please register your opinion and discuss the matter here.

Subject: Re: Should there be an Amiright Parody Station specifically for charting songs?

Written By: Peregrin on 02/24/07 at 8:03 am

I'm confused.

Can you please define "currentlly charting on Soundclick" ?  Aren't all songs charting there ?

What's the go ?  :)

Subject: Re: Should there be an Amiright Parody Station specifically for charting songs?

Written By: jreuben on 02/24/07 at 8:26 am

I'm confused.

Can you please define "currentlly charting on Soundclick" ?  Aren't all songs charting there ?

What's the go ?  :)

Only the top song for each artist is listed on the charts.  So this station would basically have the song with the most listens for each artist each day.  I think it's a good idea in theory, my concern would be if Dave needs to go through each artists songs every night to change the playlist, that's a lot to ask, especially with everything else he has going on right now with his website (and the stations).

Written By: Peregrin on 02/24/07 at 10:01 pm

Only the top song for each artist is listed on the charts.  So this station would basically have the song with the most listens for each artist each day.  I think it's a good idea in theory, my concern would be if Dave needs to go through each artists songs every night to change the playlist, that's a lot to ask, especially with everything else he has going on right now with his website (and the stations).

Yes, not withstanding the workload (which, if there was an increase over time of the artists contributing, would become someone more onerous on Dave...) doesn't this siimply increase the likelihood that once a song makes it to being the one in that list, that it would remain there ?

Or am I misintrepreting the possible outcome of that ?

Written By: skittlesking on 02/24/07 at 11:37 pm

I thank everyone for their concerns. . .and my workload is heavy at the moment. . .but I volunteered to do this. . .and eventually I'm going to ask for help as we do get larger (I'm flexible:)  I have been working on the site, and as frustrating as it's been because each script has to be perfect for it to work, but each time I get a new thing done, the satisfaction of it working far outweighs the negativity. . .this station is kinda like that as I see my weenie fall from the top 100 like a rock, I know one day, Soundclick will be but a memory to parodists and can keep it's Prank Call and Screaming Children while we over at badave can have a true following of real parody fans.  I think regardless of how much work I have to do to make it happen, this station is an integral part of our success.  People realizing the power and fun parody offers and that not everyone has succummed to a MySpace mentality for our music.  AmIRight is filled with talent, I think once we get a site that hosts respectable parodists work and displays it the way it should be like AmIRight does with the lyrics themselves, we can build a fan base for parody as a whole like never before.  I'm proud to give whatever amount of effort and or time must be given to make that happen.  I'm glad to see that it looks like I am not alone in this plight. . .as 5 of you have joined my admin & user name over at badave already and we haven't even officially reopened. . .I hope more people take this poll. . .for me it looks safe to say we want another station. . .the question is Main Chart Only, or All Three Comedy Charts?  Neck and Neck at the moment.

Written By: Peregrin on 02/26/07 at 2:36 am

Well I would vote but am still waiting for anyone to give an opinion on my question, as I be confused, matey  !  Arrrr !  :o

Written By: jreuben on 02/26/07 at 8:12 am

Well I would vote but am still waiting for anyone to give an opinion on my question, as I be confused, matey  !  Arrrr !  :o

The answer is yes, although other factors would allow new songs to overtake those songs, like new songs coming on board being promoted on the front page of amiright.

You could also retire a song from the charts if you wanted to make sure different songs had a chance to make that station.

Check for new replies or respond here...