inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Chart Station-As Requested-Updated 3/25/2007

Written By: skittlesking on 03/05/07 at 1:13 am

The Point system is simple, over the past 7 days take your rank on the primary Comedy chart, subtract it from 301 each day and that is how many points you have. . .additionally any song that ranks in a sub-genre but does not rank on the primary genre will get 101-their rank. . .

Updated 3/25/2007

**Today's News**
This week's scores are final, just so you guys know, the New and Overall station will be kept in tact, but at the completion of Badave.com, the Countdown station will have to either switch hands or say good bye as I simply am running out of time in the day with my life getting over-crowded with duties. . .but for now I will continue plugging on.

Here is the new station: http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=karaokedavid82&content=station&id=522018

Want to be included?  Just reply and add yourself to the daily check list I do.  .I need a link to your page. . .

The Current Top 15 Songs in Decending order based on the last 7 days. . .

1st Niboswaldbrattoni with Smoking ( 1,687 )
2nd Insert Coins to Continue with Snack That ( 1,619 ) **Up 1**
3rd Below Average Dave with Weenie on a Hot Bun ( 1,597 ) **Down 1**
4th Phil Alexander with Mend My PC ( 1,323 ) **Up 1** 
5th Jeff Reuben with A Bar Maid Fight ( 1,195 ) **Down 1** 
6th Rick Comier with Pee-Yew Pussy Scat ( 1,090 ) 
7th Kristof Robertson with Hookers at My Front Door ( 976 ) 
8th Merry & Pippin with Fifty Ways to Piss off PETA ( 844 ) **Up 1**
9th Josh2 with Threw Up in the Car ( 709 ) **Down 1** 
10th Matthias with Frat Play ( 671 ) **Up 2**
11th Vocally Challenged with The Marathon ( 577 ) **Down 1**
12th Red Ant with Copy Cat ( 533 ) **Up 2**
13th Matthias with Mime in Your Life ( 425 ) **Down 2**
14th Rocksann with Everybody Must Hate Ants ( 425 ) **Up 1**
15th Nuclear Bubble Wrap with We Didn't Watch The Trailer ( 414 ) **Up 1**

Subject: Re: The Chart Station-As Requested

Written By: jreuben on 03/05/07 at 8:19 am

Thanks Dave for all the hard work as always.  As a way to get the stations more exposure/hits, I wonder if it would be possible to get one of the stations "advertised" somewhere on the front page of Amiright?

Written By: skittlesking on 03/07/07 at 11:28 am

STATION CHANGE. . .

Congrats To Red Ant, his new song Copy-Cat has entered the Top 15 in 14th place, knocking Below Average Dave's Love for Japan off the chart. . .

Written By: skittlesking on 03/09/07 at 1:02 pm

Like the Craft has moved into the Top 15, and Broken Song has slipped off the chart. . .but Red Ant's other hit Copy Cat moved into 4th place.

Written By: skittlesking on 03/10/07 at 11:28 am

I did update the chart yesterday, however today is not reflected yet. . .HOWEVER--looking over the charts what I can say is this. . .Phil Alexander has retaken the lead and Red Ant likely moved up a spot also--most the rest of the chart shouldn't move a whole lot but I'll do my update later today after my mid-season training seminar

Written By: jreuben on 03/10/07 at 12:03 pm

I did update the chart yesterday, however today is not reflected yet. . .HOWEVER--looking over the charts what I can say is this. . .Phil Alexander has retaken the lead and Red Ant likely moved up a spot also--most the rest of the chart shouldn't move a whole lot but I'll do my update later today after my mid-season training seminar

Mid-season training seminar?  Hockey?  Basketball?  :)

Written By: skittlesking on 03/10/07 at 5:27 pm

Mid-season training seminar?  Hockey?  Basketball?   :)

I wish I where lucky enought for that kind of career. . .no mid season tax updates and such for H&R Block ,specifically today we learned more stuff about self employment and schedule C

Written By: skittlesking on 03/11/07 at 8:40 pm

Well, ONE FULL WEEK has been completed in the new Chart Station

Here are the first week's official chart champions, and everyone's points earned towards the year total

1st Phil Alexander's Mend My PC finished with 926 Points!
2nd Below Average Dave's Weenie on a Hot Bun finished with 904 Points!
3rd Red Ant's Copy Cat finished with 786 Points!
4th Jeff Reuben's A Bar Maid Fight finished with 770 Points!
5th Merry & Pippin's Fifty Ways to P*** off PETA finished with 695 Points!
6th Kristof Robertson's Hookers at My Front Door finished with 546 Points!
7th Rick Cormier's Pee Yew Pussy Scat finished with 487 Points!
8th Nuclear Bubble Wrap's We Didn't Watch the Trailer finished with 429 Points!
9th Josh 2's Threw Up in the Car finished with 424 Points!
10th Matthias' Mime in Your Life finished with 374 Points!
11th Vocally Challenged's Marathon finished with 367 Points!
12th Niboswaldbrattoni's Britney's Baby Loves to Dine finished with 284 Points!
13th Rocksann's Everybody Must Hate Ants finished with 249 Points
14th Phil Alexander's BJ finished with 248 Points
15th Below Average Dave's Like the Craft finished with 108 Points
16th Niboswaldbrattoni's Smoking finished with 104 Points
17th Red Ant's Broken Song finished with 10 Points
18th Below Average Dave's Love for Japan finished with 3 Points
19th Niboswaldbrattoni's Real Slim Ladies earned 1 Point

Keep in mind it is Possible for a song to earn 2,100 Points in a week (1st, when 300th is worth 1 Point and each spot up is worth 1 point more than the spot below, and in Adult and general 100th is worth 1 Point and each spot up is one point more). . .Two people finished over 900, but we can do better. .. one quick listen a day can help revolutionize the charts and utilize the teamwork we really have. . .the big station is a bit much, but this one is only a top 15, likely a top 20 soon because two more artists join and I will expand it. . .but c'mon guys, I'm setting a goal, the 5th place song, whichever it ends up being, should be at about 1,000 or more points next week, the top song maybe more towards 1,500 and the 13th should be at at least 400. . .Let's Do This!

Written By: skittlesking on 03/12/07 at 8:58 pm

Niboswald Brattoni's smoking bumped Like the Craft today, making it's debut in the Top 15

Written By: skittlesking on 03/13/07 at 12:46 am

Not that there was huge movement, however. . .for the first time since the charts began the bottom of the charts have been very competitive. . .16th place Like the Craft is only marginally behind the still active Britney's Baby Loves to Dine, Smoking continues it's push upwards and Everybody Must Hate Ants rebounded up to 12th after a really high chart appearance, the almost daily switch-around at 1st happened yet again as Weenie on a Hot Bun broke back into the top 50 for the first time this week. . .It does appear the upcoming Performance of The Month contest that begins tomorrow may be impacting some artists, as Kristof's Hookers at My Front Door also soared up the charts and while remaining in 6th overall, actuall moved into the top 5 for the day amongst AmIRight participating artists. . .this despite the fact that Fifty Ways to Piss off PETA moved up as well on the Soundclick.  Red Ant rebounded too. . .it's a good day after a not so great previous day, Thanks for listening, let's keep it up, the Chart Station is beating out the original station considerably every day now and if we keep it going we can get back up where we were with the top 4 battling for top 50 spots and 7 in the Top 100. . .We have been away from the Top 50 in awhile, I was actually a little irritated at first because I just couldn't find where Weenie on a Hot Bun ranked, I had skipped the first page as we haven't been on it in so long...went back and there it was (it did have a lot of listens yesterday and a number of downloads)  Lets keep the upward trend!:)

Subject: Re: The Chart Station-As Requested-Updated 3/15/2007

Written By: skittlesking on 03/15/07 at 2:01 pm

**Welcome Insert Coins to Continue, although not cracking the top 15 yet, he is in 17th, and will likely hit it this weekend.  . .the next artist to join us will represent the 15th artist, and the station will be expanded to 20 artists. . .special thanks goes to Rocksann for contacting him and informing him of the station....WELCOME IISRYAN

Subject: Re: The Chart Station-As Requested-Updated 3/16/2007

Written By: skittlesking on 03/16/07 at 3:38 am

Congratulations to Insert Coins to Continue on his first top 15 appearance among the AmIRight participating artists' charting songs. . .bumping Britney's Baby Loves to Dine, which had been on the chart since it's inception. . .it is also the first "Original Top 13" song to fall off the list. . .but it's still competitive in 16th, Like the Craft likewise is holding at 17th. . .

In other news, Weenie on a Hot Bun continues to dominate this week's charts, meanwhile Mend My PC has given way for BJ to head upward, as a result, A Bar Maid Fight moves up for the second time this week, now into the number 2 spot and Copy Cat has regained it's Top 3 status.

Speaking of BJ, it has hit the Top 10 after a wicked day, jumping three spots, as We Didn't Watch the Trailer's off day cost it it's top 10 status, slipping a couple notches to 12th.

Smoking continues to smoke the competition, upping it's status two spots into 7th, and pushing on long standing 6th place Hookers at My Front Door. . .Two days to go in the charts this week. . .

Will Weenie on a Hot Bun maintain it's steam and hold on to the coveted top spot?

Will Jeff Reuben maintain 2nd place and earn his first top 3 appearance?

Can Merry & Pippin stay in the Top 5 with both Smoking and Hookers gaining 3 straight days?

Will Snack That maintain it's top 15 status with Britney's Baby Loves to Dine & Like The Craft right there?

and finally. . .

What happened to Mime in Your Life, has she given in to Frat Play?

These questions and more to be answered Sunday when the weekly chart positions will be posted!

Subject: Re: The Chart Station-As Requested-Updated 3/18/2007

Written By: skittlesking on 03/18/07 at 1:03 am

OFFICIAL RESULTS FOR WEEK 2!!!!

Well of last week's Top 3, only one remained, and remain it did, winning by more than 300 points, topping out last week at 33rd on Soundclick.com's Comedy Charts.  Making a huge comeback, Jeff Reuben's Bar Maid Fight also fought it's way up to 2nd and held of a charging Niboswaldbrattoni hit, "Smoking", who made his top 3 debut.  Speaking of Niboswaldbrattoni, his song "Britney's Baby Loves to Dine" fell off the top 15, become the first big hit original 13 to do so, that means 12 of them are still on the charts at the moment.  There are still 13 of the 15 debuting songs on the chart. . .Love for Japan was the first to fall of those, and then Britney's Baby Loves to Dine.

1st Below Average Dave's Weenie on a Hot Bun finished with 1,631 Points! (Up 1)
2nd Jeff Reuben's A Bar Maid Fight finished with 1,315 Points! (Up 2)
3rd Niboswaldbrattoni's Smoking finished with 1,280 Points (Up 13)

4th Kristof Robertson's Hookers at My Front Door finished with 1,119 Points! (Up 2)
5th Red Ant's Copy Cat finished with 1,062 Points! (Down 2)
6th Merry & Pippin's Fifty Ways to P*** off PETA finished with 1,040 Points! (Down 1)
7th Rick Cormier's Pee Yew Pussy Scat finished with 1,017 Points!
8th Phil Alexander's BJ finished with 990 Points (Up 6)
9th Josh 2's Threw Up in the Car finished with 970 Points!
10th Phil Alexander's Mend My PC finished with 827 Points! (Down 9)
11th Matthias' Mime in Your Life finished with 765 Points! (Down 1)
12th Vocally Challenged's Marathon finished with 729 Points! (Down 1)
13th Nuclear Bubble Wrap's We Didn't Watch the Trailer finished with 652 Points! (Down 5)
14th Rocksann's Everybody Must Hate Ants finished with 626 Points (Down 1)
15th Snack That by Insert Coins to Continue with 598 Points! (DEBUT)
16th Below Average Dave's Like the Craft finished with 193 Points (Down 1)
17th Niboswaldbrattoni's Britney's Baby Loves to Dine finished with 184 Points! (Down 5)

Love for Japan, Broken Song & Real Slim Ladies, previously charting, did not earn any points last week.

Subject: Re: The Chart Station-As Requested-Updated 3/24/2007

Written By: skittlesking on 03/24/07 at 8:19 pm

The Point system is simple, over the past 7 days take your rank on the primary Comedy chart, subtract it from 301 each day and that is how many points you have. . .additionally any song that ranks in a sub-genre but does not rank on the primary genre will get 101-their rank. . .

Updated 3/24/2007

**Today's News**
Frat Play jumps onto the chart, knocking off "We Didn't Watch The Trailer", but probably not for very long.  Weenie on a Hot Bun was today's winner, cutting the lead from Smoking down in half, and Snack That also gained.  Mend My PC after a one week hiatous, is back in the top 5. . .

Here is the new station: http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=karaokedavid82&content=station&id=522018

Want to be included?  Just reply and add yourself to the daily check list I do.  .I need a link to your page. . .

The Current Top 15 Songs in Decending order based on the last 7 days. . .

1st Niboswaldbrattoni with Smoking ( 1,627 )
2nd Below Average Dave with Weenie on a Hot Bun ( 1,618 )
3rd Insert Coins to Continue with Snack That ( 1,514 )
4th Jeff Reuben with A Bar Maid Fight ( 1,177 ) 
5th Phil Alexander with Mend My PC ( 1,174 ) **Up 1** 
6th Rick Comier with Pee-Yew Pussy Scat ( 1,053 ) **Down 1**
7th Kristof Robertson with Hookers at My Front Door ( 981 ) 
8th Josh2 with Threw Up in the Car ( 810 ) 
9th Merry & Pippin with Fifty Ways to Piss off PETA ( 809 )
10th Vocally Challenged with The Marathon ( 554 ) **Up 2**
11th Matthias with Mime in Your Life ( 535 ) **Down 1**
12th Matthias with Frat Play (513) **Up 4**
13th Phil Alexander with BJ ( 506 ) **Down 2**
14th Red Ant with Copy Cat ( 495 ) **Down 1**
15th Rocksann with Everybody Must Hate Ants ( 406 ) **Down 1**

Congratulations to Frat Play on it's debut in the Top 15

Subject: Re: The Chart Station-As Requested-Updated 3/25/2007

Written By: skittlesking on 03/25/07 at 11:11 pm

OFFICIAL RESULTS FOR WEEK 3

1st Niboswaldbrattoni's Smoking finished with 1,687 Points (Up 2)
2nd Snack That by Insert Coins to Continue with 1,619 Points! (Up 13)
3rd Below Average Dave's Weenie on a Hot Bun finished with 1,597 Points! (Down 2)

4th Phil Alexander's Mend My PC finished with 1,323 Points! (Up 6)
5th Jeff Reuben's A Bar Maid Fight finished with 1,195 Points! (Down 3)
6th Rick Cormier's Pee Yew Pussy Scat finished with 1,090 Points! (Up 1)
7th Kristof Robertson's Hookers at My Front Door finished with 976 Points! (Down 3)
8th Merry & Pippin's Fifty Ways to P*** off PETA finished with 844 Points! (Down 2)
9th Josh 2's Threw Up in the Car finished with 709 Points!
10th Matthias' Frat Play finished with 679 Points! (DEBUT)
11th Vocally Challenged's Marathon finished with 577 Points! (Up 1)
12th Red Ant's Copy Cat finished with 533 Points! (Down 7)
13th Matthias' Mime in Your Life finished with 425 Points! (Down 2)
14th Rocksann's Everybody Must Hate Ants finished with 425 Points
15th Nuclear Bubble Wrap's We Didn't Watch the Trailer finished with 425 Points! (Down 2)
16th Phil Alexander's BJ finished with 334 Points (Down 8 )
17th Below Average Dave's Like the Craft finished with 113 Points (Down 1)
18th Niboswaldbrattoni's Britney's Baby Loves to Dine finished with 4 Points! (Down 1)

Subject: Re: The Chart Station-As Requested-Updated 3/25/2007

Written By: jreuben on 03/26/07 at 11:26 am

Dave,  I'd be happy to take over the Countdown station if you'd like.  I check everyday anyway so I'm willing to take the extra time to manage it.  I assume there's no easy way to just transfer the station?

-Jeff

Check for new replies or respond here...