inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jackpot

Written By: K1chyd on 03/07/07 at 7:12 am

Just a theoretical question here folks, I was reading about the 2,5 billion dollar pot in an american powerball type lottery and thought to myself, would it be possible for Amirighters to sign up for a joint ticket, americans and non-americans together, and how would the payment be solved if so? (The ticket could, I assumme, be photographed and put online here somehow so that all the paying contributors knew what the numbers was etc).

Subject: Re: Jackpot

Written By: Red Ant on 03/07/07 at 1:27 pm

Just a theoretical question here folks, I was reading about the 2,5 billion dollar pot in an american powerball type lottery and thought to myself, would it be possible for Amirighters to sign up for a joint ticket, americans and non-americans together, and how would the payment be solved if so? (The ticket could, I assumme, be photographed and put online here somehow so that all the paying contributors knew what the numbers was etc).

I don't know - sounds like a logistical nightmare.

If you are referring to the 370 million dollar Megaball lotto, it's over now:

Someone Other Than Me Won Entirely Too Much Money  ;)

Written By: skittlesking on 03/07/07 at 1:33 pm

Well doing a joint lottery thing would not be hard. . .It could be done using paypal, then the person who owns the paypal buys tickets. . .everyone who contributes would get the money if we won. . .I realize that "Big" jackpot is done, but that doesn't mean we couldn't play for 3 million.  Say 10 people participate. . .3 million divided by ten is still a heck of a lot of money. . .If we really wanted to we could do it. . .but whenever small amounts of money are won, it'd need to be put back into the paypal account.  Secondly, we'd have to have someone we all trust in charge of the account.  If people are truely interested in this. . .IT CAN BE DONE. . .we'd just have to actually do it. . .

Written By: Meriadoc on 03/08/07 at 8:30 pm

I am envisioning a potential giant fifty ring circus in front of Judge Judy... ::)

Written By: K1chyd on 03/09/07 at 2:10 am

I don't know - sounds like a logistical nightmare.

If you are referring to the 370 million dollar Megaball lotto, it's over now:

Someone Other Than Me Won Entirely Too Much Money  ;)

That's the one! Initial news here said no winners and that it would go on for another week so I was invisioning how the SOTM regulars got together for a common ticket for next week. Since it's over I don't think there's a rush anymore, no use getting out of bed for less than a billion, right? ;D

It's probably too complicated logistically, though I don't think any of the SOTM regulars would jeopardise all their possible future points in those contest by cheating the others out of their houndreds of millions. :P

Maybe for starters we should wait for the world to agree on a joint currency like goldpressed latinum, the Norwegian krona or the Spaff dLOLllar first though. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...