inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tri-Stations? Another new one on the way. . .

Written By: skittlesking on 03/07/07 at 11:58 am

Oooo I have another new idea.   In addition to the Chart Station, I can do a "New Song" station which will only feature the neweset song by each involved artist.  I know there are already two stations--one the Chart station (or QuickStation as I call it) and one Full Station (5 Songs per artist). . .but a "New" station would be cool. . .and then people would have three choices. . .I don't know what do you guys think?  Someone had mentioned before with the Chart Station a potential problem, top songs would rarely change--well this station would change that, but it's what people are willing to give a listen to on a daily basis. . .so I need opinions.

Subject: Re: Tri-Stations? Another new one on the way. . .

Written By: jreuben on 03/07/07 at 12:06 pm

Oooo I have another new idea.  In addition to the Chart Station, I can do a "New Song" station which will only feature the neweset song by each involved artist.  I know there are already two stations--one the Chart station (or QuickStation as I call it) and one Full Station (5 Songs per artist). . .but a "New" station would be cool. . .and then people would have three choices. . .I don't know what do you guys think?  Someone had mentioned before with the Chart Station a potential problem, top songs would rarely change--well this station would change that, but it's what people are willing to give a listen to on a daily basis. . .so I need opinions.

I'm all for it, if for no other reason to see how people tend to listen. 

In my opinion, the Charts Station won't be a problem...I think the draw of a new song and the exposure new songs get on the front page of Amiright (and any other "promotions" people do for new songs) will allow newer songs to take over as the top song for an artist, at least for awhile.

What do you think of asking Chucky to add a link to one of the stations somewhere on the front page of Amiright?  If he's willing to do that, I think that would be great exposure for the radio station.

Written By: weirdojace on 03/07/07 at 2:40 pm

That would be cool. Especially since I'm working on some new songs right now.

Written By: Meriadoc on 03/08/07 at 6:54 pm

Of course it would help if we could actually get people to listen to them...

With 13 contruibutors that should mean everyone's chart songs at least should get 13 listens on a fairly daily basis... after all, we do (or should) all have an interest in getting everyone's songs to the top.

Heck, at the very least, all one has to do it select the 'short station' (Charting parodies only), set it to play thru, turn down the volume, and leave it on while you watch reruns of Gilligan's Island on TVLand... ::)

(Yep, I'm laying a guilt trip on all the non-listening contributors... )  ;D

Written By: skittlesking on 03/08/07 at 7:22 pm

Of course it would help if we could actually get people to listen to them...

With 13 contruibutors that should mean everyone's chart songs at least should get 13 listens on a fairly daily basis... after all, we do (or should) all have an interest in getting everyone's songs to the top.

Heck, at the very least, all one has to do it select the 'short station' (Charting parodies only), set it to play thru, turn down the volume, and leave it on while you watch reruns of Gilligan's Island on TVLand... ::)

(Yep, I'm laying a guilt trip on all the non-listening contributors... )  ;D

Yep---I agree--we had just 4 station listens yesterday. . .I have access to that stat (4 between both stations)

Written By: Meriadoc on 03/08/07 at 8:28 pm

Yep---I agree--we had just 4 station listens yesterday. . .I have access to that stat (4 between both stations)

That would be me, you, Pippin and Jeff....

Great globs of gloomy guilt should now be oozing from one end of the Amiright recording community to the other....  :o  :D  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...