inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Badave.com announcement

Written By: skittlesking on 03/13/07 at 6:06 pm

As I stated in the Parody Site Question thread, it appears my host's server cannot handle large uploads. . .I will instead post a hosting option that requires an email to be sent to an email address that will be specifically for holding mp3s until I can approve or deny them. . .I apologize for this but I have spent 17 days on this script, and it's not the script, which I was able to verify by having a friend try it on his server.  I have decided that I will still offer hosting, although not sure that I should as it seems the recording linking idea is in high demand. . .but alas I am a man of my word and you guys have expressed the desire for a royalty free host that doesn't claim the right to reproduce your work for commercial purposes. . .well I will be that host like I said. . .

In the name of me, I promise to work towards that goal. . .

-Dave (not crocket)

Subject: Re: Badave.com announcement

Written By: Josh2 on 03/13/07 at 7:17 pm

Can't you broker a deal with Soundclick to allow you to Hotlink form them?

Written By: skittlesking on 03/13/07 at 7:50 pm

Can't you broker a deal with Soundclick to allow you to Hotlink form them?

You know how those big site types work. . .they'd see money money money--and I can host files, I just can't seem to get the upload thing to work, but I can upload images using it. . .and I can upload them via FTP upload, which is fine, that just means I have to have people send them to me. . .but I'll work it out, once I get over this long heap, the rest can't be as hard. . .well shouldn't I won't say can't. . .

Written By: skittlesking on 03/13/07 at 9:16 pm

Well--the temp script IS up...eventually I will get it to where people can upload directly through the site, but a temp host feature has been set up that allows a user to input info about the song and then directs them how to email it to me allowing me to insert the file with the information already entered. . .That 17 day realization should have probably been done back instead of trying this insane upload script to begin with. . .

Anyway. . .that brought me to 24.8% or almost one fourth of the project being done. . .next is setting up the actual pages that people will be seeing, and the database and all that fun stuff. . . .

Check for new replies or respond here...