inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Michael E Cormier Has Left The Building

Written By: malibumike65 on 03/16/07 at 1:03 am

Recent personal events have left me saddened with the fact that I will probably not be able to participate in any songwriting or even be able to log on to this wonderful site very much in the near future. I may be homeless in the near future, as decisions made by my now ex-common law wife have forced me to make the decision that I can no longer live in the same house with her. Without revealing to much information, as I don't wish to publicly disrespect her, as she is the mother of my children, some of her decisions about our children have begun to make me shake my head. For example, when we met in 1993, she had a daughter named Jacqueline that I have grown to love and have accepted as my daughter since. We also have another child together named Rhiannon who will be turning 13 this summer. In these last few months, Jackie, now about to turn 16, has been involved with her decisions. I have just found out that my ex has allowed my daughter to become engaged to a teenage boy she has only been talking to on the internet for less than 6 months. She is allowing this wedding to take place this summer.( no, this is not a joke ) I have also just found out that not only was a visit arranged between them  without my knowledge, they were left alone, and my daughter may be pregnant as a result of this. This is just one of many hair brained decisions made by her in the last few months, and I fear that with my health problems and mental strain involved that if I don't leave here soon, I may very well be in a wheelchair or worse if this continues. I am also unemployed at the present moment, so hence the homeless comment above. Pain from my back has made writing parodies almost impossible as I haven't been feeling very humorous lately.

I want to thank you all for your very kind comments, including, but not limited to, Red Ant, Yoidy, Stuart McArthur, Ann Hammond, Alvin, Adagio, Agrimorfee, AFW, Matthias, Tommy Turtle, Tomario, Michael Pacholek, and the list goes on and on. A special thank you has to go out to BAD. Your especially kind comments have made my experience on amiright a worthwhile venture anyway you cut it. Good luck on your online radio station. I hope it gets tons of exposure. If I forgot anybody, I am sorry, as I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. That includes all who have left constructive criticism on my lyrics. I appreciate them all. Also a special thank you to Chucky G. You've created one hellava great site here. I don't feel like laughing much lately, but the world needs all of the laughter it can get. If I can get myself situated in a new locale, and be able to afford a computer on my own, I will be back to write some more parodies that I hope will knock all of your socks off. Until then, keep on keeping on. I consider each and every one of you a friend. Until we meet again, peace my friends. My thoughts are with you all.

Subject: Re: Michael E Cormier Has Left The Building

Written By: skittlesking on 03/16/07 at 1:09 am

Recent personal events have left me saddened with the fact that I will probably not be able to participate in any songwriting or even be able to log on to this wonderful site very much in the near future. I may be homeless in the near future, as decisions made by my now ex-common law wife have forced me to make the decision that I can no longer live in the same house with her. Without revealing to much information, as I don't wish to publicly disrespect her, as she is the mother of my children, some of her decisions about our children have begun to make me shake my head. For example, when we met in 1993, she had a daughter named Jacqueline that I have grown to love and have accepted as my daughter since. We also have another child together named Rhiannon who will be turning 13 this summer. In these last few months, Jackie, now about to turn 16, has been involved with her decisions. I have just found out that my ex has allowed my daughter to become engaged to a teenage boy she has only been talking to on the internet for less than 6 months. She is allowing this wedding to take place this summer.( no, this is not a joke ) I have also just found out that not only was a visit arranged between them  without my knowledge, they were left alone, and my daughter may be pregnant as a result of this. This is just one of many hair brained decisions made by her in the last few months, and I fear that with my health problems and mental strain involved that if I don't leave here soon, I may very well be in a wheelchair or worse if this continues. I am also unemployed at the present moment, so hence the homeless comment above. Pain from my back has made writing parodies almost impossible as I haven't been feeling very humorous lately.

I want to thank you all for your very kind comments, including, but not limited to, Red Ant, Yoidy, Stuart McArthur, Ann Hammond, Alvin, Adagio, Agrimorfee, AFW, Matthias, Tommy Turtle, Tomario, Michael Pacholek, and the list goes on and on. A special thank you has to go out to BAD. Your especially kind comments have made my experience on amiright a worthwhile venture anyway you cut it. Good luck on your online radio station. I hope it gets tons of exposure. If I forgot anybody, I am sorry, as I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. That includes all who have left constructive criticism on my lyrics. I appreciate them all. Also a special thank you to Chucky G. You've created one hellava great site here. I don't feel like laughing much lately, but the world needs all of the laughter it can get. If I can get myself situated in a new locale, and be able to afford a computer on my own, I will be back to write some more parodies that I hope will knock all of your socks off. Until then, keep on keeping on. I consider each and every one of you a friend. Until we meet again, peace my friends. My thoughts are with you all.

Well. . . .if there is anything at all I can do let me know. . .I know it sounds cheesy right now, but I do mean it. . .you will be missed Mike, and I hope to see you again soon, don't forget about us, and not that I'm terribly religious, but I will make an exception and pray that everything works out for you. . .never really a great way to put good luck and hope for the best when things are rough, I know how that is. . .but for what it's worth I really do hope things turn up. . .you are standing up for your prinicpals, and for that hopefully karma will put you back on your feet shortly. . .I'm good at resumes if you ever need that kinda help. . .TTYL

Sincerely,
Pal,
BADave

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/16/07 at 1:33 am

That's all bad news Mike.  You established yourself here quite quickly and gained everyone's respect with your quality stuff, and when things improve, as they always do, I'm sure we'll see you back, and in the comps

good luck with everything mate :)

Written By: philbo on 03/16/07 at 6:28 am

Holy cow, Michael... that's some seriously bad karma been heading your way.  Here's hoping for your daughter's sake that this chap turns out to be the internet dating equivalent of winning the jackpot... My elder daughter is 13 now, and reading that made my stomach turn.

Best of luck, Michael, and nil carborundum illegitimi (as the Romans would never have said)

Written By: Red Ant on 03/16/07 at 3:30 pm

I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well for you right now, Michael. Take off the time you need to get things right, and best wishes to you and your family. Until next time, friend...

Jack

Written By: wildcard on 03/16/07 at 3:54 pm

I wish you well too Michael

Written By: Tia on 03/16/07 at 4:16 pm

oh dear! good luck mike, that sounds dreadful. i hope you get stuff worked out.

i've never been a big visitor to the parody boards but when you posted on the other boards i was always very impressed with your contributions. you're a standout! i hope you get everything worked out so you can come back and add to this great site.

Written By: nally on 04/18/07 at 9:39 pm

Oh dear...I know it's been a month since this announcement was made, but I just haven't seen it until now. I'm sorry that you've left us for now; I do hope you can get your life sorted out and eventually return here; you've been a great addition both on this messageboard and on amiright.com. Anyway I do wish you all the best. O0

Written By: whistledog on 04/18/07 at 9:49 pm

Best wishes to you and your family Mike!  Good luck with everything :)

I await your return.  It's nice to have another fellow Canadian on the boards, that way there's atleast one person who knows the bands/singers I talk about lol

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/20/07 at 9:52 am

Shame on me for not reading this sooner. I sincerely hope all is well for you by the time you happen to read this message. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...