inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New stuff on amIright

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/17/07 at 8:48 am

I have updated the voting "widget" that is on all the parodies, misheard lyrics and album cover parodies.  You don't have to leave the page you are on, no more multiple pages needed to place a vote. 

You can also use the <BR> tag in comments on amIright again.

The security image (captcha) is now 3 letters/numbers long instead of 6, which should be easier to type in.

The latest comments page is not being updated on a regular basis at the moment.  I'm looking into that.

If you have any problems or comments about the new stuff on amIright, please feel free to let me know.  This is probably the last of the major changes I'll be making to amIright for the foreseeable future, as I need to spend more time working on inthe80s.

Subject: Re: New stuff on amIright

Written By: Jason on 04/17/07 at 12:38 pm

Hi ChuckyG.

I saw those improvements you mention. They are wayyyyyyyyyyy better than before.

I was also thinking, with the voting system, you have 3 catagories, Pacing, How Funny and Overall that you choose which score you want to give. Why not tweak it so the Overall Score is automatically based on an average of the Pacing and How Funny votes. I suggest this because I think it would give a more fair scoring system as I have seen votes like 551 or 525.

Jason

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/17/07 at 1:28 pm

Hi ChuckyG.

I saw those improvements you mention. They are wayyyyyyyyyyy better than before.

I was also thinking, with the voting system, you have 3 catagories, Pacing, How Funny and Overall that you choose which score you want to give. Why not tweak it so the Overall Score is automatically based on an average of the Pacing and How Funny votes. I suggest this because I think it would give a more fair scoring system as I have seen votes like 551 or 525.

Jason

I know it doesn't make any sense if someone votes a one on pacing, and then says 5 overall.. but to some people, pacing doesn't mean anything anyways...

ultimately, I think an average like that isn't very useful, and people will just vote 5 in both to make sure their friends get a higher average or something

Written By: jreuben on 04/17/07 at 1:57 pm

Hi ChuckyG.

Jason

525 would work for a "serious" parody that is very well written, matches the pacing perfectly, but isn't meant to be funny.

Written By: Arwen on 04/17/07 at 2:04 pm

You can also use the <BR> tag in comments on amIright again.

You're a champion.  Of all the big things that might bother other people...that was the only thing I was concerned with.  :)

Written By: nally on 04/17/07 at 2:49 pm

525 would work for a "serious" parody that is very well written, matches the pacing perfectly, but isn't meant to be funny.

Agreed. Often times I vote 5 for "overall" if I completely agree with the parody's content.

Heck, I've written a couple "serious" parodies myself which are just not meant to be funny.

Written By: nally on 04/18/07 at 2:36 pm

The latest comments page is not being updated on a regular basis at the moment.  I'm looking into that.

Similarly, the latest comments page on Amiwrong is not being updated either. It's been a whole week, and I know I've left a comment since then. :-\\

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/18/07 at 5:03 pm

Agreed. Often times I vote 5 for "overall" if I completely agree with the parody's content.

Heck, I've written a couple "serious" parodies myself which are just not meant to be funny.

And it's always kind of a subjective thought to give a Funny 5 for a terribly serious but well-written parody (such as the case with recent tributes to the Virginia Tech victims). Too bad that category couldn't be something all-encompassing, like "Writing".

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/18/07 at 8:33 pm

Similarly, the latest comments page on Amiwrong is not being updated either. It's been a whole week, and I know I've left a comment since then. :-\\

should be working again in a couple minutes.

Written By: nally on 04/18/07 at 9:36 pm

should be working again in a couple minutes.

Thanks Chuck!

Yeah, there were obviously a ton of comments made within the past week over there.

Written By: nally on 10/23/07 at 4:50 pm

And once again, the Latest Comments on Amiwrong seems to once again not be working....I was there a couple days or so ago and saw that the "latest comments" were from August 6 thru 9th.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/23/07 at 5:13 pm

And once again, the Latest Comments on Amiwrong seems to once again not be working....I was there a couple days or so ago and saw that the "latest comments" were from August 6 thru 9th.

hmmm... I see that, I ran it to update it, but I'll have to figure out why the automatic update isn't working anymore

Check for new replies or respond here...