inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm going to bring it back

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/17/07 at 3:14 pm

don't try and stop me...

Subject: Re: I'm going to bring it back

Written By: EthanM on 04/17/07 at 4:46 pm

sexy?

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/17/07 at 7:29 pm

sexy?

well... maybe without the y...

Written By: skittlesking on 04/17/07 at 8:05 pm

well... maybe without the y...

Are you talking about the open parody site (that accepts naughty parodies?)

Written By: EthanM on 04/18/07 at 11:33 am

That's gotta be it...possibly a reaction to the Imus firing and the freedom of speech issues that it brings up

Calling someone an NHH is  tame by whatfreaks standards

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/18/07 at 11:56 am

That's gotta be it...possibly a reaction to the Imus firing and the freedom of speech issues that it brings up

Calling someone an NHH is  tame by whatfreaks standards

the Don Imus thing does really annoy me... but it wasn't the real reason

I think with the neocons losing power, a little site like mine isn't going to have to worry about government interference.  I've also completed a large rewrite of the software used to run amIiright. This should make it easier with some modifications, to keep the software the same between the two sites and make them more equal.  I can bring back comments for example without dealing with spammers like the last time.

I'm leaving my name off the site this time too.  Not that it would help me legally, but more along the lines of keeping my involvement low profile should I have to look for another job.  I'm sure someone dedicated to figuring it out could, but I'm only concerned with casual searches.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/19/07 at 11:17 am

The sections I'm planning on initially are going to be parodies, parody fragments, links, and news.

I tried a quick test setup on one of my unused domains today, and I was able to get most of the scripts running.  I'm waiting for the hosting provider I use for that domain to move it to a newer server.  Once that happens, I'll start making it happen for real.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/19/07 at 12:31 pm

Whatfreaks coming back?

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/19/07 at 9:47 pm

Whatfreaks coming back?

quite possibly maybe...

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/20/07 at 8:25 am

quite possibly maybe...

Will it's previous parody content be restored, by any chance ?  :-\\

Not that, of course, *I* or any of my pseudonyms had any content there  :P  ::) ::) ::)

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/20/07 at 9:45 am

Will it's previous parody content be restored, by any chance ?  :-\\

Not that, of course, *I* or any of my pseudonyms had any content there  :P  ::) ::) ::)

yes, I plan on using the old database.  Hopefully if people object to their content now, they'll let me know when they see it show up again.

it's taking awhile for the new site to get setup before I can even begin the work, and knowing my weekend schedule, it'll probably end up getting started much later than I had hoped for.

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 04/23/07 at 11:58 pm

Whatfreaks back again?!? Yes. Now I don't have to clean up my more 'adult' parodies for amiright. Definetly keep my work on there.

Check for new replies or respond here...