inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Should scatological parodies be banned?

Written By: philbo on 04/25/07 at 3:01 pm

There's been a handful of vociferous anti-poo "activists"... are these guys representative of everyone out there, or are they acting like a normal pressure group and not really considering the wishes of the majority.

I've set this poll to run for seven days - feel free to add your electioneering comments below.

Subject: Re: Should scatological parodies be banned?

Written By: skittlesking on 04/25/07 at 4:07 pm

There's been a handful of vociferous anti-poo "activists"... are these guys representative of everyone out there, or are they acting like a normal pressure group and not really considering the wishes of the majority.

I've set this poll to run for seven days - feel free to add your electioneering comments below.

Personally, Phil, I stand for Freedom of Speech on this.  I get tired with any one type of parody, but I just don't read parodies I don't feel like reading.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/25/07 at 11:06 pm

Ironically, I voted for option #2...

Written By: Tia on 04/25/07 at 11:17 pm

i'm not a big parodist as a rule but i got caught up in the poomaster controversy and read a couple of his parodies, and honestly, they're so over the top i think they're sorta funny. not necessarily the most mature things around but i'm sitting here watching punky brewster so it's not like i can necessarily throw lots of stones where that's concerned.

Written By: wildcard on 04/25/07 at 11:32 pm

Personally, Phil, I stand for Freedom of Speech on this.  I get tired with any one type of parody, but I just don't read parodies I don't feel like reading.

Written By: Tia on 04/25/07 at 11:35 pm

have you ever had a poo
that was bigger than your shoe?
something from your chute
that was bigger than a boot?

sorry.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/25/07 at 11:36 pm

Look, I don't think it's funny, but this is an artist's work we're talking about. I know, it sounds funny when talking about writing parodies, but they ARE our songs. Plus, some people do like poo parodies, and I don't see why they should be banned.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/25/07 at 11:37 pm

have you ever had a poo
that was bigger than your shoe?
something from your chute
that was bigger than a boot?

sorry.

I love to poo
It's my fave thing ta' do.
It gets me through the night.
Makes me feel alright.

When I go in that pot,
I feel like a hotshot.
And when I don't let it out,
I just wanna shout.

Written By: Tia on 04/25/07 at 11:38 pm

I love to poo
It's my fave thing ta' do.
It gets me through the night.
Makes me feel alright.

When I go in that pot,
I feel like a hotshot.
And when I don't let it out,
I just wanna shout.
we're coenabling, and we're both going to get in lots and lots of trouble! >:(

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/25/07 at 11:39 pm

we're coenabling, and we're both going to get in lots and lots of trouble! >:(

Trouble? Oh, p'shaw! I laugh in the face of trouble.

.. And in the face of poo parodies.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/26/07 at 11:06 am

I personally feel that if he wants to write these types of parodies, he can. They shouldn't be banned. Sure, they're gross(Which has been his intention), but you don't have to read them if you don't like them.

The ones who have problems with them do not speak for everyone. They definetly don't speak for me.

Those who complain remind me of something else that a few users complained awhile back.(I won't name anyone or what it was)

Written By: Tia on 04/26/07 at 11:11 am

Those who complain remind me of something else that a few users complained awhile back.(I won't name anyone or what it was)
i know a certain someone
who really loves his catgirls
he thinks about them all day
they really make his toes curl

and when the peeps complain
about his catgirl piccies
he really gets irate
and fights for his cat chickies

:D

Written By: Claude_Prez on 04/26/07 at 12:02 pm

To me, the sin of the poo guy isn't that he writes disgusting parodies.  It's that they're not very funny, and there's so freaking many of them.  I'd much rather put a limit on the number of parodies any one author can submit in one day, than restrict content in any way.

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/27/07 at 8:17 am

I don't think he should be banned either, but certain parodies should be banned. In particular, Poomaster's "Eat My Feces" really teeters over into X-rated material, which is what Whatfreaks was/will be for.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/27/07 at 3:02 pm

I don't think he should be banned either, but certain parodies should be banned. In particular, Poomaster's "Eat My Feces" really teeters over into X-rated material, which is what Whatfreaks was/will be for.

X rated, like in the Guro(gross erotica) kinda way?

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/27/07 at 4:29 pm

X rated, like in the Guro(gross erotica) kinda way?

Absolutely.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/27/07 at 4:35 pm

Absolutely.

I can't figure out what's erotic about it myself.(Because I'm not into it)

Written By: Mr. Critic on 04/27/07 at 6:05 pm

To me, the sin of the poo guy isn't that he writes disgusting parodies.  It's that they're not very funny, and there's so freaking many of them.  I'd much rather put a limit on the number of parodies any one author can submit in one day, than restrict content in any way.

You guys do have a good point. Claude, I agree that there should be a weekly limit. In fact, I'd limit the total # of tiolet parodies per week, even though they don't really bother me anymore. (I still dislike 'em, though.)
Agrim, you're right, that one goes way over the line. I'm suprised Chuck hasn't taken it down yet.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/29/07 at 6:18 pm

It's never bothered me. If any parody sticks out, I'll read it, if I'm not interested, I most likely won't bother.

I think this is similar to the ongoing TSB debate; as long as he's following the rules, he can submit these parodies. The ones that are too dirty for Amiright but got there anyway can be moved to Whatfreaks 2.0 if deemed necessary.

I feel it's the parodist's right to write about whatever they want; I mean, I wrote a rock opera/album parody about Nickelodeon for crying out loud.  ;D I've had an idea for a bathroom-related song cycle, so I say "Nay" on the whole toilet humor ban.

Written By: skittlesking on 04/29/07 at 10:19 pm

It's never bothered me. If any parody sticks out, I'll read it, if I'm not interested, I most likely won't bother.

I think this is similar to the ongoing TSB debate; as long as he's following the rules, he can submit these parodies. The ones that are too dirty for Amiright but got there anyway can be moved to Whatfreaks 2.0 if deemed necessary.

I feel it's the parodist's right to write about whatever they want; I mean, I wrote a rock opera/album parody about Nickelodeon for crying out loud.  ;D I've had an idea for a bathroom-related song cycle, so I say "Nay" on the whole toilet humor ban.

While I agree with what you are saying Chris, the only reason I'm really replying is to let you know your avatar is awesome. . .nice Green Homer

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/30/07 at 8:52 am

(Because I'm not into it)

FTR, neither am I.

Written By: Marian on 05/01/07 at 5:14 pm

Don't make such a big deal of it,I say.

Written By: philbo on 05/04/07 at 12:26 pm

Looks like we have a winner...

Written By: Step-chan on 05/15/07 at 7:40 pm

i know a certain someone
who really loves his catgirls
he thinks about them all day
they really make his toes curl

and when the peeps complain
about his catgirl piccies
he really gets irate
and fights for his cat chickies

:D

:D :D :D :D :D

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

It wasn't that catgirls were being targeted, it was people trying to tell me where to post things.....(It wouldn't have mattered what images were being targeted)

Check for new replies or respond here...