inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Um...Hello Again

Written By: Syncronos on 04/27/07 at 11:26 am

;D It's me! Syncronos! I don't know if anyone here even knows or remembers me. Rice? The Florio Brothers? Watt Daddy? I know CHucky G's still here...and since Bush is still in office (Chuck!), Bill Tong's running around here somewhere too. Sound off!

Its been a long time, but I'm happy to be back.

Subject: Re: Um...Hello Again

Written By: karen on 04/27/07 at 11:28 am

I remember the name.

Rice is still around the boards.  I don't think he writes parodies any more though.  Not heard from either Florio for ages.

Welcome back

Written By: EthanM on 04/27/07 at 11:40 am

William Tong submitted one today

Phil Alexander and Jeff reuben are still around and active, and mike pacholek probably still submits more than both of them combined

Malcolm Higgins is certainly around too

STG stops by from time to time, and there was a wolveroses sighting not so long ago

Spaff and claude are thankfully still around

I've been coming and going, but I might stick around for a while now if I don't get too discouraged by the readership's continuing alergy to new songs.

Written By: jreuben on 04/27/07 at 12:34 pm

Welcome back, thanks for coming out!

Written By: skittlesking on 04/27/07 at 12:49 pm

William Tong submitted one today

Phil Alexander and Jeff reuben are still around and active, and mike pacholek probably still submits more than both of them combined

Malcolm Higgins is certainly around too

STG stops by from time to time, and there was a wolveroses sighting not so long ago

Spaff and claude are thankfully still around

I've been coming and going, but I might stick around for a while now if I don't get too discouraged by the readership's continuing alergy to new songs.

Well, Ethan, you know I like music of ALL ages, not just older music. . .

And Syncronos, I'm not really new here per-se, but I'm new since you left apparently :)  So hello for the first time from me. . .

Written By: Syncronos on 04/27/07 at 12:57 pm

WOw...this is cool. Hello, all!

Tell me, what's the flavor of the site like now? Is it still as crazy as it was back in 2002?

Written By: EthanM on 04/27/07 at 1:13 pm

I think it is a bit calmer than it was in 2002, or even 2003. I think the lack of amiright charts is mostly responsible for that, and I'd like them back but I don't think that Chucky wants to deal with people trying to cheat the system.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/27/07 at 1:23 pm

I remember you. Welcome back.

Cat

Written By: Syncronos on 04/27/07 at 1:35 pm

I remember you. Welcome back.

Cat

I remember you too! Wassup!?

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/27/07 at 8:17 pm

WOw...this is cool. Hello, all!

Tell me, what's the flavor of the site like now? Is it still as crazy as it was back in 2002?

welcome back.  I don't think it's super crazy, though I don't really think it ever was.  I guess the race to hit 1000 between Malcolm and William Tong was a bit high spirited at times.  The number of parodies submitted each day does seem to be lower, but I think that's because Malcolm has been in semi-retirement, and William Tong has most of his backlog submitted now.

Overall the total traffic to the site in general peaked last summer.  It dropped a bit when I split most of the quizzes off to a new site (amIwrong), and I've had a lot of problems with web hosting which tends to drive some people off.

Written By: wildcard on 04/27/07 at 10:59 pm

I think I'm new to you too although I  have been here and writing parodies for awhile.  Hi

Written By: Davester on 04/27/07 at 11:02 pm

Hey, I remember you...

Written By: poomaster on 04/27/07 at 11:49 pm

In the past five years AmIRight has gotten great parody writers. I look forward to seeing your future work on the site, Syn.

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 04/29/07 at 5:11 pm

Can't says I remember you, Syncronos. I've been on here since May 2005, so I guess I missed you.
Anyways, I'm the Squirrel, nice to meet you! :)

Written By: Meriadoc on 04/30/07 at 1:20 am

Mmmmm...I remember you very well, Rice Cube's Partner in Crime...  ;)

You will find the parody site much the same I guess, but the board vastly changed...

Anyway, welcome back. :)

Written By: Peregrin on 05/01/07 at 2:59 am

Hi Syncro-mesh  :)

I remember you too !  Welcome back  ;)

Written By: Jack Wilson on 05/01/07 at 6:57 am

I remember you! Welcome back!

Check for new replies or respond here...