inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Next WEBR parody show tomorrow, May 12th!

Written By: jreuben on 05/11/07 at 7:20 am

Tomorrow, May 12th, I will be on the radio again on a show called Automatic Transition.  The one hour show will include recordings from many amiright artists, including Spaff.com, Rick Cormier, Merry and Pippin, Nuclear Bubble Wrap, Phil Alexander, Below Average Dave, Matthias, Ethan Mawyer, and me, Jeff Reuben.

The show runs weekly on Saturdays from 1-2pm, I am on regularly about once a month.  It's a public access radio channel out of Fairfax, Virginia...think Wayne's World meets Weird Al Yankovic and goes horribly wrong.  This week's show will feature a full hour of comedy recordings, and I will be interviewed as well.

If you live in fairfax county you can tune into channel 7 on your tv (yes tv). you wont see anything yet, but they may put cameras in the studio in the future.  However, for the rest of you, you can hear me live at "www.fcac.org" - look for the "radio" tab and then click on "WEBR fairfax radio" on the "radio" menu.
>
> this should also get you there (just click on the "listen now" icon) -
>
> http://www.fcac.org/webcasting/webcast.htm

Subject: Re: Next WEBR parody show tomorrow, May 12th!

Written By: Red Ant on 05/11/07 at 12:11 pm

I should be able to hear it live over the 'net tomorrow. I look foward to the program!

Written By: EthanM on 05/11/07 at 1:37 pm

I'm going to have to listen to the recorded version, since I'll probably be at my grandparents' house for (almost) Mother's day. I'm also not sure that anything of mine will make it onto the program, but hopefully BADave will finish what he's working on by this evening.

Written By: skittlesking on 05/11/07 at 4:45 pm

I'm going to have to listen to the recorded version, since I'll probably be at my grandparents' house for (almost) Mother's day. I'm also not sure that anything of mine will make it onto the program, but hopefully BADave will finish what he's working on by this evening.

I'm trying, but that song is not easy. . .that's for sure. . .especially when I'm only vaguely familiar with the OS, (The OS drove me nuts when I first heard it)

Written By: EthanM on 05/11/07 at 5:27 pm

I was surprised when you told me that you enjoyed singing the original song...

But i think that an ok recording of that has much more potential for success right now than a perfect recording of anything else I've written.

Written By: skittlesking on 05/11/07 at 5:45 pm

I was surprised when you told me that you enjoyed singing the original song...

But i think that an ok recording of that has much more potential for success right now than a perfect recording of anything else I've written.

Well, I can pretty much guarantee it's not going to be ready by tonight.  . .I've already had 7 attempts, and I'm yet to get through the first verse. . .it's a tough little diddy to get down. . .I'll Be was easy. . .Girlfriend is kinda the "One Week" of Ska. . .but I haven't fully given up. . .I've got so many other things I need to get done, so If I don't get something going soon, I'm going to have to push it to a weekend project, but I will try. . .if I pull this off. . .you owe me one ;)

Written By: jreuben on 05/11/07 at 6:16 pm

No worries, if it doesn't make it by tonight, we'll play it in June.

Written By: skittlesking on 05/11/07 at 6:35 pm

No worries, if it doesn't make it by tonight, we'll play it in June.

I may have just pulled it off. . .can you guys both IM me, I'm karaokedavid82 on AIM, I'll send you the files. . .

Written By: weirdojace on 05/11/07 at 9:15 pm

Sweet, I can't wait to hear it!

I'll have to hear the recorded one though since I'll be out tomorrow. Darn.

Written By: Meriadoc on 05/12/07 at 3:35 pm

I missed it  :\'(

We had a yard sale today, and by the time I checked my email (Pippin let me know) it was already over.

Jeff, did you record it again, and can you put a link?

Written By: jreuben on 05/13/07 at 9:07 am

I will have a recording, I'll get it up in a few days

Written By: Spaff.com on 05/14/07 at 10:36 pm

Sweet. Thanks for pimping our stuff, Jeffaroo.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: jreuben on 05/15/07 at 10:17 am

No problem, it's fun!  We had a problem recording the show...the CD kept popping out in the middle.  We have a tape backup though, I'm waiting to get a copy of that from the DJ.  Unfortunately he is out of town until Sunday, but hopefully I'll have it up by Monday, 5/21.

Written By: weirdojace on 05/26/07 at 6:58 am

Any luck getting that recording?

Subject: WEBR parody show tomorrow from May 12th is up on the web!

Written By: jreuben on 05/26/07 at 10:38 pm

Any luck getting that recording?

Yes, the recording is up!  Finally got it working tonight.

http://www.ogterps.com/bob4.mp3

Subject: Re: WEBR parody show tomorrow from May 12th is up on the web!

Written By: skittlesking on 05/26/07 at 11:48 pm

Yes, the recording is up!  Finally got it working tonight.

http://www.ogterps.com/bob4.mp3

Wow, what were you doing during the songs to have forgotten the song names?:)  It was "Smelt You on the Bus Line"

Written By: Meriadoc on 05/26/07 at 11:50 pm

Thank you Jeff!

Now I just have to set people with faster ISPs than me to download it for me - ha ha - (no more 4 hours on dialup...!) ::)

Written By: weirdojace on 05/27/07 at 1:06 pm

Hey next time, you want me to send you CD quality versions of whatever songs you want to play? Soundclick really sacrifices the sound quality when it converts everything to 128kbps.

Written By: EthanM on 05/27/07 at 1:18 pm

Was it cut off at the end for everyone or just me? All I got up to was the end of "Bigfoot", so I didn't hear any of the commentary after that.

Written By: weirdojace on 05/27/07 at 2:10 pm

Yeah that's true... did you guys talk about the last few songs that got played?

Written By: jreuben on 05/29/07 at 7:14 am

Yeah that's true... did you guys talk about the last few songs that got played?

Yes, there was definitely something after that.  There were problems with the equipment recording that particular show.  I'm going to go back and check to see if we got anything after that on either the tape recording or the CD, and I'll update the show if I can add to it.  Hopefully things will go more smoothly next show (June 9th).

Written By: jreuben on 05/29/07 at 7:15 am

Hey next time, you want me to send you CD quality versions of whatever songs you want to play? Soundclick really sacrifices the sound quality when it converts everything to 128kbps.

Yes!  You mentioned that before, I apologize for not getting in touch with you before the last show.  I'll PM you in the next few days for the next one.

Written By: Meriadoc on 06/06/07 at 1:28 am

HI Jeff - finally got to listen to the tape - thanks so much for playing us! :)

Could you take "It's a Folding Chair" - with you to the next one? It's legit, as Rick Duncan supplied the backing track for us.

Hopefully by the July show M&P will have a new parody recording to add!

Written By: jreuben on 06/06/07 at 8:52 am

HI Jeff - finally got to listen to the tape - thanks so much for playing us! :)

Could you take "It's a Folding Chair" - with you to the next one? It's legit, as Rick Duncan supplied the backing track for us.

Hopefully by the July show M&P will have a new parody recording to add!

Sure thing!  Next show will be this Saturday, June 9th.  I'll put up a post later today.

-Jeff

Check for new replies or respond here...