inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My vocals are available for recording!

Written By: Cat on 06/01/07 at 8:15 pm

Hey guys, I was just thinking, in the little time that I'll be here during the summer (on June 10 I'm leaving for a five-week program in St. Louis), I'd really like to start recording. Of course I'd like to do recordings of my own parodies, namely "Guhlee Mahn" and "Fillings," but first I'll have to find suitable backing music—sorry Dave, those backing tracks didn't work for my purposes! But I'm also willing to lend my vocals to you if any of you have any parodies that need a female singer.

Be warned, though: I'm an alto, so my range is somewhat different. For example, I tried singing Kristof's "(Buy, Buy) An African Child" to myself since  it has a female narrator, but I had to keep switching octaves every three lines or so, so it sounded really weird. However, I was able to sing his "Something To Put James Blunt In" all the way through without a single octave change—and if you have the music, Kris, I'd really love to record it!—so that should give you somewhat of an idea of my range.

Any takers, either if you have backing tracks for me or want me to sing for you?

Subject: Re: My vocals are available for recording!

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 06/02/07 at 12:27 am

I'd love you to be "Dido" to my "eminem" for "Prequel to Stan" if I ever record it (or if Jack wants to)

I'd have to solve my recording issues first though  (unless Jack wants to do it)

did I mention Jack does a VERY accurate eminem (listen to his "Foul-Mouthed Me")

;)

Written By: Jack Wilson on 06/02/07 at 12:35 am

I'd love you to be "Dido" to my "eminem" for "Prequel to Stan" if I ever record it (or if Jack wants to)

I'd have to solve my recording issues first though  (unless Jack wants to do it)

did I mention Jack does a VERY accurate eminem (listen to his "Foul-Mouthed Me")

;)

Thanks!

Oh wait, wrong one

Written By: Matthias on 06/02/07 at 1:27 am

Hey guys, I was just thinking, in the little time that I'll be here during the summer (on June 10 I'm leaving for a five-week program in St. Louis), I'd really like to start recording. Of course I'd like to do recordings of my own parodies, namely "Guhlee Mahn" and "Fillings," but first I'll have to find suitable backing music—sorry Dave, those backing tracks didn't work for my purposes! But I'm also willing to lend my vocals to you if any of you have any parodies that need a female singer.

Be warned, though: I'm an alto, so my range is somewhat different. For example, I tried singing Kristof's "(Buy, Buy) An African Child" to myself since  it has a female narrator, but I had to keep switching octaves every three lines or so, so it sounded really weird. However, I was able to sing his "Something To Put James Blunt In" all the way through without a single octave change—and if you have the music, Kris, I'd really love to record it!—so that should give you somewhat of an idea of my range.

Any takers, either if you have backing tracks for me or want me to sing for you?

First of all if you give some crappy midis to Dave, he'll make them better using Anvil (At least he did for me)

I would love for you to do my female vocalled stuff

Namely...

"Annoying Braces"
http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/dixiechicks10.shtml
    MIDI: http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/clickit/search?r_aid=7F980FC895BC43CAAF88A4DE8590E8F0&r_eop=8&r_sacop=18&r_spf=0&r_cop=main-title&r_snpp=18&r_spp=0&qqn=t%3D0T)pk6&r_coid=372372&rawto=http://www.countrymidikaraoke.net/american/wide%20open%20spaces.mid

Written By: The Charnstar on 06/02/07 at 5:14 am

Oooh, I could use a girls vocals for 21 Things Girls Love 'Bout The Charnstar for everything but the chorus. And I think there was another song I was gonna get my Ex to sing before we broke up, but I can't remember. If you haven't heard 21 Things Before, that's groovy, it doesn't matter, I was gonna do it myself singin' bout myself anyways

Written By: Red Ant on 06/03/07 at 3:54 am

;)

Thanks for the praise, Stu. I suppose since you mentioned Foul Mouthed Me that I should plug it here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=663425&songID=5331004

(believe it not not) it's the backing track makes a bigger difference than one's vocals do. Although, IMHO, I was very good in "Foul Mouthed Me', I just listened to some of my a cappela recordings: for the most part, they really are awful.

Provided anyone can find (or make) a faithful background track to "Stan", I'd love to rap Stu's parody, with Cat's voice as Dido's choruses.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 06/03/07 at 6:28 am

I wouldn't mind you recording my 'Big As Leyna's', as it is done by a female. Trick would be getting backing tracks, as the OS is a fairly obscure Billy Joel number. If there's any others of mine you wouldn't mind recording, feel free to drop me a line!

That goes for the rest of youse...particularly BAD, who has yet to reply to any of my notices, though he recently mentioned that I'm next on the list...here's hopin'!

Written By: Jack Wilson on 06/03/07 at 10:43 am

You could do Britney and K Fed The Aftermatrh
\http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/britneyspears329.shtml

Except the K Fed parts, hmmm

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 06/04/07 at 8:42 am

Wow, Cat...I'm chuffed that you've had a go at singing some of my parodies! If I can sort out a "Wanna be Startin'" mp3 for you, I'd LOVE you to do some vocal work on it: I've already got an idea on how to make it into a duet. PM me your email address and I'll get right on it... ;D

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/06/07 at 10:36 am

Wanna do "Leader of the Mac"? Let me know how that works out. (It would be cool if the sound FX are in place,too.)

Get a Soundclick page or something, I'd love to hear how you sound, no matter whose parody it is!  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...