inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Site back up, but security code on submission form doesn't work

Written By: Dee Range on 06/07/07 at 7:02 pm

Chucky, I tried submitting my new parody and got a  "Security Code Mismatch" error message, though I'm SURE it was correct.

I reposted again, but there is NO security image there at all now...it just says 'security image' , but no image appears... nothing to even TRY to type in...

I know this must be driving you crazy....hang in there, we appreciate all you're doing  :\'(

Subject: Re: Site back up, but security code on submission form doesn't work

Written By: Dee Range on 06/07/07 at 7:29 pm

Chucky, I tried submitting my new parody and got a  "Security Code Mismatch" error message, though I'm SURE it was correct.

I reposted again, but there is NO security image there at all now...it just says 'security image' , but no image appears... nothing to even TRY to type in...

I know this must be driving you crazy....hang in there, we appreciate all you're doing  :\'(

Chucky, I don't know if this will help, but here are the warnings on the top of the submission page:

Warning: session_start() : open(/tmp/sess_bec4270989de048679a90b5aeb42f471, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/amiright/public_html/genericForm.php on line 11

Warning: session_start() : Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/amiright/public_html/genericForm.php:11) in /home/amiright/public_html/genericForm.php on line 11
front page link

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/07/07 at 9:20 pm

Chucky, I don't know if this will help, but here are the warnings on the top of the submission page:

Warning: session_start() : open(/tmp/sess_bec4270989de048679a90b5aeb42f471, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/amiright/public_html/genericForm.php on line 11

Warning: session_start() : Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/amiright/public_html/genericForm.php:11) in /home/amiright/public_html/genericForm.php on line 11
front page link

it should be working now... though I have no idea if the site will even stay up long enough to get one in. it's crashed already a couple times tonight.

Written By: Dee Range on 06/07/07 at 9:35 pm

it should be working now... though I have no idea if the site will even stay up long enough to get one in. it's crashed already a couple times tonight.

Nope, just tried it again, and can't get a security code image :(

Thanks for all your hard work, we all owe you a big debt of gratitude for having to put up with the hackers, and our impatience. We all come to rely on you and your addictive site so much that we take you for granted until something like this happens, and then we're like kids being denied candy before dinner.

I'll try again after I have some M&M's :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/07/07 at 9:48 pm

Nope, just tried it again, and can't get a security code image :(

Thanks for all your hard work, we all owe you a big debt of gratitude for having to put up with the hackers, and our impatience. We all come to rely on you and your addictive site so much that we take you for granted until something like this happens, and then we're like kids being denied candy before dinner.

I'll try again after I have some M&M's :)

I'm having lots of issues with the new server, it's probably just as bad as the old one, so I've ordered a newer faster one from a totally different company, and they promise a 24 hour turnaround.  So hopefully by Saturday I can begin moving the sites onto a new server and end the nightmare of this crappy hosting company once and for all.

Written By: Dee Range on 06/07/07 at 10:29 pm

I'm having lots of issues with the new server, it's probably just as bad as the old one, so I've ordered a newer faster one from a totally different company, and they promise a 24 hour turnaround.  So hopefully by Saturday I can begin moving the sites onto a new server and end the nightmare of this crappy hosting company once and for all.

Thanks, Chucky. We'll grin and bear it until then :). It figures, the ONE time I write a TIMELY parody...i.e. Paris Hilton's release from jail, that this would happen, and delay the posting.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/07 at 9:13 am

Thanks, Chucky. We'll grin and bear it until then :). It figures, the ONE time I write a TIMELY parody...i.e. Paris Hilton's release from jail, that this would happen, and delay the posting.

I know... I thought I could at least keep the server running until the new one was setup, but it looks like the clueless idiots I rent servers from can't even manage that much.  I ordered a new one and will hopefully get everything moved over by the end of the weekend.

Check for new replies or respond here...