inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Presenting Mr. Stuart McArthur for your listening pleasure!

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/09/07 at 10:56 am

Stuart McArthur is one of the best writers this site has ever seen. The number of awards he has won here for his work bear that out.

I decided to pay homage to him by recording one of my favorites of his many great parodies.

I told him I wanted to record one of his but, didn't tell him which one it would be, until I posted it privately for him for his approval.

He has approved it and, since Amiright is down at the moment, if you have a few minutes and, would like to hear it, just click the green link at the bottom of this message and it will take you there.

Enjoy

Subject: Re: Presenting Mr. Stuart McArthur for your listening pleasure!

Written By: Dee Range on 06/09/07 at 1:34 pm

Stuart McArthur is one of the best writers this site has ever seen. The number of awards he has won here for his work bear that out.

I decided to pay homage to him by recording one of my favorites of his many great parodies.

I told him I wanted to record one of his but, didn't tell him which one it would be, until I posted it privately for him for his approval.

He has approved it and, since Amiright is down at the moment, if you have a few minutes and, would like to hear it, just click the green link at the bottom of this message and it will take you there.

Enjoy

Dang, who could resist a recording of one of the best parodies on the site, by one of the best vocalists and recording technicians?

Not me, I can tell you that!!!

This is just freakin' unbelievably good, guys. The parody is as funny as anything on Amiright, and the vocals/recording are fantastic. I hope you send it to Dr Demento.

I hope this is just one of many more to come.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Written By: The Charnstar on 06/09/07 at 10:01 pm

OH HELL YES!

Written By: Red Ant on 06/09/07 at 11:41 pm

Damn, that was awesome. Rick, your recordings are getting better all the time, hard to believe since they were so good to start with. You nailed that, a very difficult song to sing. Stu's lyrics and pacing no doubt helped this perfection, and it was as funny as when I read it many months ago.

Great work guys!!

(Now, when are we going to get to hear Stu sing?  ;))

Definitely send it to Dr Demento.

Written By: Cat on 06/10/07 at 1:29 pm

My lord. When something makes me laugh so hard that I go into coughing fits, you know you've accomplished something!

Phenomenal job, Rick. And yes, more of this would be great!

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 06/10/07 at 6:46 pm

Just........sublime. I had a mental recording of this parody going around in my cranium, but this is far better than I could have imagined. Honestly, Rick: you could give Mr Lund, and probably Mr Yan...c a right old run for their money. Why you're not famous yet is beyond me.

Written By: wildcard on 06/10/07 at 8:35 pm

awesome!

Written By: jreuben on 06/10/07 at 8:56 pm

I actually noticed this was up, and it was on the radio show Saturday!  I'll have that up by tomorrow night.
-Jeff

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/10/07 at 9:40 pm

Thanks for your comments everyone but, Jack hit the nail on the head, Stu's lyrics and pacing are what made this song. I just interpreted them.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 06/11/07 at 9:28 am

Rick: you could give Mr Lund, and probably Mr Yan...c a right old run for their money. Why you're not famous yet is beyond me.

hear hear, and I too have wondered aloud here why the second guest spot on Letterman has still eluded you Rick
As Kristof said, you have Weird Al covered and without that whininess in the voice

And as I recall Spaff once saying, in the Amiright Yearbook next to your name will be the title "Amirightian voted Most Likely To Succeed"

as for deflecting some of the glory to me, I must say most appreciated Rick, but ( as I PM'd you) I'm very content playing Bernie to your barn-storming Elton (hopefully again one day)

and by that  I mean Bernie to a Bernie Taupin who is such a wordsmith that he came up with that perfectest title sub ""Are You Doing Some Floozy Neighbour In Your Bed Most Of The Night" to "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavour On The Bedpost Overnight"

bravo mate, and thanks for the gig! :)

Written By: Jack Wilson on 06/12/07 at 11:00 am

I think that was my fav recording I've heard of yours! That was AWESOME!

I love it when the older parodists record/parody newer songs like that, and that's also one of my fav parodies EVER on the site

Check for new replies or respond here...