inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Videos for your parodies !?

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 06/11/07 at 11:12 pm

Hey everyone! Well, it was inevitable. After having so much fun with "We Didn't Start The Star Wars", I made a couple of more funny videos for you all to check out.

First is my parody for Rhinestone Cowboy called "Flintstone Cartoon". It's at...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqIwrVW9cG8

Second one is not actually a music parody, but a spoof of The Wizard Of Oz movie trailer, done with (of course) Star Wars.
It's called "The Jedi Of Oz" and you can find it at...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvrrcAdm09E

Hope you enjoy them. Please feel free to give me any feedback on what you think! Thanks! :D

Subject: Re: Two more new videos for your viewing pleasure!

Written By: skittlesking on 06/12/07 at 1:23 am

All I can say is DONT STOP THIS KICK YOU ARE ON

Subject: Re: Two more new videos for your viewing pleasure!

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 06/12/07 at 4:47 pm

Thanks Dave. Trust me, I don't plan to stop... ;)

Subject: Re: Hey everyone, check out my newest videos!

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 06/20/07 at 10:53 pm

I'm really loving making these parody music videos, but I've come to realize that I can't sing very well. Maybe I should get a somewhat professional singer to take care of that aspect for me. Or take singing lessons.
In today's society more people would rather listen to (and see an amusing video, if possible) a parody song rather than read the lyrics.
Ah, well, guess I gotta keep trying.

Written By: jreuben on 06/24/07 at 8:14 pm

I watched these two, these are pretty entertaining!

Written By: EthanM on 06/25/07 at 12:17 am

I haven't watched the videos yet, but I will. What do you think of the idea of making videos for pre-existing recordings of parodies written by site members. I'm sure most if not all would gladly give you permission. If the best/most appropriate recordings do get the flash animation treatment and put on one site then i believe that, in the words of Chris Bodily TM, "It's gonna be huge!"

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 06/28/07 at 7:14 pm

Well, that doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. The videos I'm doing now are simple, basic ideas as I am still familiarizing myself with Adobe Premiere. I've just been using pre-existing footage and doing various (and very cool) things with them. But if anyone doesn't mind a simple, basic video for any of their parodies, I can sure the heck try, just let me know.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/30/07 at 7:38 pm

Very good, I've been thinking of starting an account on Youtube. I want to record my parodies to upload on there(Due to the lack of a band, it will be only me on my acoustic guitar, but it's a start), I just need the proper tools.

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 07/07/07 at 6:07 pm

Hey, at least you have a guitar. All I can do is sing, and not that well either!

Written By: skittlesking on 07/07/07 at 7:11 pm

Very good, I've been thinking of starting an account on Youtube. I want to record my parodies to upload on there(Due to the lack of a band, it will be only me on my acoustic guitar, but it's a start), I just need the proper tools.

Step-chan, just tell me what you are lacking, I'll help you find it--been there done that sorta thing.

Written By: skittlesking on 07/07/07 at 7:11 pm

Hey, at least you have a guitar. All I can do is sing, and not that well either!

You shouldn't doubt yourself so much--you are better than you think.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/07/07 at 7:14 pm

I'm not a good singer either and am no virtuoso on guitar(my abilities are alittle above basic, enough to play some Nirvana, alittle Vaselines and write my own songs which I've done on and off).

So don't feel bad. ;)

Step-chan, just tell me what you are lacking, I'll help you find it--been there done that sorta thing.

I don't have a way to record them on the computer, the only thing I can record them on is a tape deck that I've used for recordings before.

Written By: skittlesking on 07/07/07 at 10:29 pm

I'm not a good singer either and am no virtuoso on guitar(my abilities are alittle above basic, enough to play some Nirvana, alittle Vaselines and write my own songs which I've done on and off).

So don't feel bad. ;)

I don't have a way to record them on the computer, the only thing I can record them on is a tape deck that I've used for recordings before.

In other words, you don't have a microphone set up. . .is that the case?

Written By: Step-chan on 07/08/07 at 2:55 pm

In other words, you don't have a microphone set up. . .is that the case?

Yes, at least I don't have one for the computer(only my tape deck).

Written By: skittlesking on 07/08/07 at 5:46 pm

Yes, at least I don't have one for the computer(only my tape deck).

If you are interested . . .I can point you to some awesome microphone sets that are next to nothing in price (I'm talking 20 dollars or less) that are pretty decent quality.

Subject: Re: Videos for your parodies !?

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 07/14/07 at 12:13 am

Hey, everyone. I'm absolutely in awe and deep in gratitude over the responses I've been getting about my video ventures. I have so much fun making them and I'd like to keep making more. Sooo..
If anyone wants to see their recorded parodies made into a (somewhat amateurish) music video, then I'd like to give it a shot. NO GUARANTEES, these take a while to do. I just want the exposure, but if somehow the video makes money, we can split 50/50, or whatever you're comfortable with.
I wanna just try this out, I'm obviously just starting out into this venture, and like I said, no guarantees. Check out my other videos, if you haven't already.
You can see them all at http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=MikeySquirrel
Let me know if you're interested. Thanks! ;D

Written By: Robdogkaraoke on 07/14/07 at 3:04 pm

Hey everyone! Well, it was inevitable. After having so much fun with "We Didn't Start The Star Wars", I made a couple of more funny videos for you all to check out.

First is my parody for Rhinestone Cowboy called "Flintstone Cartoon". It's at...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqIwrVW9cG8

Second one is not actually a music parody, but a spoof of The Wizard Of Oz movie trailer, done with (of course) Star Wars.
It's called "The Jedi Of Oz" and you can find it at...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvrrcAdm09E

Hope you enjoy them. Please feel free to give me any feedback on what you think! Thanks! :D

Very nice Parody Dude. Do you have the instrumental version without the singing because I can make a Video karaoke version for you. Check out some I've done of regular karaoke tracks to see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq5qUc0Qt24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fVMSAwqg74

Yours would make a great addition.

Written By: skittlesking on 07/14/07 at 9:29 pm

Hey, everyone. I'm absolutely in awe and deep in gratitude over the responses I've been getting about my video ventures. I have so much fun making them and I'd like to keep making more. Sooo..
If anyone wants to see their recorded parodies made into a (somewhat amateurish) music video, then I'd like to give it a shot. NO GUARANTEES, these take a while to do. I just want the exposure, but if somehow the video makes money, we can split 50/50, or whatever you're comfortable with.
I wanna just try this out, I'm obviously just starting out into this venture, and like I said, no guarantees. Check out my other videos, if you haven't already.
You can see them all at http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=MikeySquirrel
Let me know if you're interested. Thanks! ;D

As I told Matthias, I am always open as I do not realistically have the capabilities of making videos to my recordings.  The only thing I ask is that you contact me so that I can send you mp3's of the ones you consider because I have been rapidly re-recording all my songs, and most have not been uploaded to Soundclick, thus the ones over there are inferior in quality to the ones actually hosted on badave or the ones physically on my computer. . .I won't lie, I love seeing my songs in video format, it's fun to see how people interpret my lyrics and it helps expose my parodies to others while at the same time the sequencing abilities of the person who makes them.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 07/15/07 at 1:57 am

Now this would be a great system. One writes the parody, sends lyrics to BAD for recording, then BAD sends music to Mikey Squirrel to make a video! Foolproof!

I would like to see flash movies of parodies, however. I'm not disrespecting your work, Mikey, jus saying it would be interesting. I wouldn't mind being the one to make said flash movies, I just lack the equipment.

Written By: EthanM on 07/15/07 at 8:47 am

The problem with that system is that it could get overloaded very easily. Ideally, more people would get involved in the process but it's hard to get people to agree to such things with no money offered up front. I think that if ever gets voted on, my song of the week thing at www.amirightdaily.blogspot.com might help determine what parodies would make the best recordings and videos.

Written By: skittlesking on 07/15/07 at 8:59 pm

The problem with that system is that it could get overloaded very easily. Ideally, more people would get involved in the process but it's hard to get people to agree to such things with no money offered up front. I think that if ever gets voted on, my song of the week thing at www.amirightdaily.blogspot.com might help determine what parodies would make the best recordings and videos.

Well, my free time should be clearing up next month Ethan. . .I'd be willing to say that as long as voting goes fairly (IE people pick songs that are paced well) I'd be willing to offer one a week as a recorded version of the victory song, a B.A.D. recording . . .just let me know so I can warm up, and it will probably have to start in two weeks- but sure I'm open for that, I'm almost caught up with my own re-recordings afterall at which point I had planned on banging out more collaboration projects, a system like that would make it easier for me to pick songs.

Check for new replies or respond here...