inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The JibJab experiment

Written By: Dee Range on 06/14/07 at 8:28 pm

I can't find the original thread I started from December, when I uploaded a bunch of my parodies, filmed on my computer, to JibJab.com.In the last six months I have had nearly 49,000 views including:

She'll Be Cummin' and a Shoutin' :      7,902 views

I Saw The Beaver                              5,713

The Brokeback Mountain Alternative    4,121

Brand New Knee                                3,683

Hippie From Mississippi                      3,510

By and large, this has been a very positive experience. The videos get more views than the audio mp3's I uploaded of RawHide and Prone Again Drunkenly, which were recorded and sung by Rick Cormier, who has a much better singing voice than I do, and even though those 2 parodies are among my best. So videos work best, but audio works too.

So if you are a performer, or make videos like Mikey Squirrel, it can be a good place for more exposure for your recorded work....video or audio mp3. I even put a couple parodies on there in text form, and they have had hundreds of views also.

If you want to watch me make a fool out of myself, you can do it here: ;)

http://www.jibjab.com/my_jibjab/my_jokes?search_query=&joke_type=video&sort=views

Subject: Re: The JibJab experiment

Written By: skittlesking on 06/14/07 at 10:26 pm

I can't find the original thread I started from December, when I uploaded a bunch of my parodies, filmed on my computer, to JibJab.com.In the last six months I have had nearly 49,000 views including:

She'll Be Cummin' and a Shoutin' :      7,902 views

I Saw The Beaver                              5,713

The Brokeback Mountain Alternative     4,121

Brand New Knee                                3,683

Hippie From Mississippi                       3,510

By and large, this has been a very positive experience. The videos get more views than the audio mp3's I uploaded of RawHide and Prone Again Drunkenly, which were recorded and sung by Rick Cormier, who has a much better singing voice than I do, and even though those 2 parodies are among my best. So videos work best, but audio works too.

So if you are a performer, or make videos like Mikey Squirrel, it can be a good place for more exposure for your recorded work....video or audio mp3. I even put a couple parodies on there in text form, and they have had hundreds of views also.

If you want to watch me make a fool out of myself, you can do it here: ;)

http://www.jibjab.com/my_jibjab/my_jokes?search_query=&joke_type=video&sort=views

Dee Range, I think you are very talented.  Red Ant told me about this last week because I was going to make videos, I was looking for them so I could see what he meant

Thanks for the links.

Written By: Dee Range on 06/16/07 at 12:44 pm

Dee Range, I think you are very talented.  Red Ant told me about this last week because I was going to make videos, I was looking for them so I could see what he meant

Thanks for the links.

Thanks, B.A.D. Keep up the good work with your recording, you are providing a great option for non-performing writers, and I'm sure they appreciate all your great work. Good luck with the videos. PM me if you have any questions about JibJab.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/16/07 at 1:18 pm

I can't find the original thread I started from December...

Was it this thread you started?

Written By: Dee Range on 06/16/07 at 6:42 pm

Was it this thread you started?

Yes, thank you > How did you find it? I went back to the previous page to search and it went back to 2004. I figured a lot of the messageboard was wiped out by the hackers.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/07 at 10:25 am

Yes, thank you > How did you find it? I went back to the previous page to search and it went back to 2004. I figured a lot of the messageboard was wiped out by the hackers.
I used the Search Facility above.

Check for new replies or respond here...