inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rick Cormier/Stu McArthur/The Rubbles will be track-of-the-day at Garageband.com

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 06/20/07 at 2:40 am

Just received this email......

Dear stuart,
Congratulations! As a result of some very enthusiastic reviews from GarageBand.com members, "You And Me Betty Aint Nothing But Rubbles" will be Track of the Day at GarageBand.com.

For 24 hours on Tuesday, the 26th of June, 2007 (PST) "You And Me Betty Aint Nothing But Rubbles" will be featured on GarageBand.com's Comedy front page. The address for this page will be:

http://www.GarageBand.com/go/ZBL0JPYJ63

thanks for the submission tip, Dee!

Subject: Re: Rick Cormier/Stu McArthur/The Rubbles will be track-of-the-day at Garageband

Written By: Dee Range on 06/20/07 at 3:03 am

Dear stuart,
Congratulations! As a result of some very enthusiastic reviews from GarageBand.com members, "You And Me Betty Aint Nothing But Rubbles" will be Track of the Day at GarageBand.com.

For 24 hours on Tuesday, the 26th of June, 2007 (PST) "You And Me Betty Aint Nothing But Rubbles" will be featured on GarageBand.com's Comedy front page. The address for this page will be:

All right!! My pleasure. I was extremely happy when Spaff entered, and glad to be of help to you two. I hope you read the other thread, where I said that I'd reviewed 30 songs trying to have yours come up. The process is completely random, so you can't pick what songs you want to review, and "Me And Betty" didn't ever pop up on my mp3 player, but you didn't even need the glowing review I would have given it...you'll get plenty from people you've never heard of.

Which is the beauty of their reviewing/voting system. It prevents crony-ism, and is a fine example of how I wish Amirights voting system could be done, or done away with entirely.

Good luck guys, Track Of The Week is next, and hopefully the top of the charts! :) :) :)

Subject: Re: Rick Cormier/Stu McArthur/The Rubbles will be track-of-the-day at Garageband.com

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 06/20/07 at 6:03 pm

Congratulations, guys. Although, with a track of this quality, TOTD must've been a foregone conclusion.

Hey Rickster...how do I get me a piece of this hot action? I've got some lyrics that are crying out to be interpreted by your smooth vocal stylings.....

Subject: Re: Rick Cormier/Stu McArthur/The Rubbles will be track-of-the-day at Garageband.com

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/20/07 at 11:00 pm

Dear stuart,

Way to go, Stu! Now, how do I get involved in reviewing the other songs or, does it have to come from the person who submitted their song?

Do you know anything about how that works, Dee?

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/20/07 at 11:04 pm

Congratulations, guys. Although, with a track of this quality, TOTD must've been a foregone conclusion.

Hey Rickster...how do I get me a piece of this hot action? I've got some lyrics that are crying out to be interpreted by your smooth vocal stylings.....
Fire away, Mr. Robertson. PM me and let's talk about it.

Subject: Re: Rick Cormier/Stu McArthur/The Rubbles will be track-of-the-day at Garageband

Written By: Dee Range on 06/20/07 at 11:47 pm

Way to go, Stu! Now, how do I get involved in reviewing the other songs or, does it have to come from the person who submitted their song?

Do you know anything about how that works, Dee?

Rick, anybody can review songs. Be advised though, reviewing is random. You can't click on a song and submit a review.

The way you do it, click the 'review music' link in the top left corner of your home page (It's tiny...you have to look hard)

It will take you to the review page. with a tutorial. Read that.

Then pick a genre to review (comedy) and it will eventually pop up a song in the mp3 player....a random song you have no control over, except the genre.

I did this for Spaff when he entered "Underpants" in the contest, and was lucky enough to have his song pop up about nine or ten songs into my reviews.

I just finished 30 song reviews, Trying to hit upon "Me And Betty", but it never came up, dang it.

So it is just hit or miss as to whether you will get the song you want to pop up. And you can't hit 'reject', either, to go on to the next song in line for review. The same song will keep popping up to review.

This is GB's way to ensure no 'homers' dominate the procedure, and insures impartiality

You CAN, however, accumulate credits for free entries this way. By reviewing 15 pairs of songs and grading them against each other, you get a free entry into the GB contest, for your next recording. This is exactly what I just did, although if YOU do it, you might be luckier than I was, and come across "Me And Betty"

Anyway, congrats again on Track Of The Day, dudes. To the TOP!!! :D :D :D :D :D.

Written By: John Lovit on 06/27/07 at 2:13 pm

Dear stuart,

I went to Garageband and checked out your recording. Now THAT'S funny! After getting used to the confusing  website, I see that "You and Me Batty Ain't Nothing Bur Rubbles" has gone from # 211 to # 88 in a week. That is great, and after listening to some of the top comedy songs on the chart, your song is going to do very well I think. Congratulations you guys and thanks for the laughs!

Written By: Spaff.com on 06/28/07 at 9:23 pm

Congrats, guys. Be prepared for some boneheaded comments (Garageband.com is filled with rockstar wannabes who live to tell other bands they suck), but just take them in stride during your rise to the top.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/01/07 at 8:40 pm

Congrats, guys. Be prepared for some boneheaded comments (Garageband.com is filled with rockstar wannabes who live to tell other bands they suck), but just take them in stride during your rise to the top.

xoxox
Spaff

thanks spaff - you're right, there have been lots of angry comments (and yes, this wannabe Weird Al hates those wannabe rockstars)

I sort of understand, because the site is meant to be for bands trying out their original stuff, but some of the comments show the song hasn't even been listened to.

I'm waiting for my reviewer rating to hit 60% (currently 59% through no fault of my own, but that's another story for another rainy day) so I can karma some new reviews and get it up the charts.  It hit #20, but has dropped because there's been no new reviews

and I understand now a previous post of yours - amiright by comparison is a VERY friendly place :) - kudos to us 

Check for new replies or respond here...