inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Could I still do this idea?

Written By: Jack Wilson on 06/22/07 at 12:29 am

I have this idea for "Ballroom Blitz" called "Bathroom Blitz",yeah I know I can do it, but,I don't want it to be ignored cause I do have great ideas for liens and stuff and with all the poop-rodies controversy lately....yeah

Subject: Re: Could I still do this idea?

Written By: skittlesking on 06/22/07 at 1:11 am

Jack, one poo parody does not make you a poomaster. . .odd as that sounds. . .I know I for one wouldn't think any less of you, and those who have been around wouldn't either ;)

Written By: Red Ant on 06/22/07 at 4:00 am

I have this idea for "Ballroom Blitz" called "Bathroom Blitz",yeah I know I can do it, but,I don't want it to be ignored cause I do have great ideas for liens and stuff and with all the poop-rodies controversy lately....yeah

Jack, I don't think that most people have a problem with an occasional toilet humor parody from any author. That said, I think it would be in your best interests to insure the parody is perfectly paced and rhymed, as well as come up with a new slant, no matter how small it may seem, on the poo themes. Pardon the pun, but(t) regurgitated topics there aren't going to do you any favors humor-wise.

Maybe a theme on trying to make it to the bathroom on time without going into specifics would be that angle.... I don't recall anyone writing a 'toilet humor' parody along those lines.

Ant

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 06/22/07 at 4:07 am

I agree with Jack, Jack...(???). It's not just that poomaster's parodies were tasteless: they were tasteless AND unfunny. Poo has to be handled gently.....in parody form :-). You've got to have an original angle, and not be TOO descriptive. The humor's in the situation, NOT the detail.
If you want, you can PM me your draft parody before posting it...and I'd be happy to give my opinion on whether I think it'd safe to post.
Good luck, dude!

Written By: wildcard on 06/22/07 at 5:05 pm

I have written two parodies in which There is cat and or dog s*** in my yard.  They both have recieved 5's from people although one of them was seen by someone who is a little more sinsitive to the subject  Not being descriptive about poo helps to not gross people out.
  http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/thebeatles1841.shtml http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/freddiethedreamers3.shtml

Check for new replies or respond here...