inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: badave.com Approves 50th Remotely Hosted Parody

Written By: skittlesking on 06/23/07 at 12:22 am

Well, as most of you know badave.com has been fully open for about a week.

Thus far the most popular section has been the Remotely Hosted Parodies section which officially reached 50 approved songs at a max rate of 1 per parodist per day. . .This is a good thing considering we've only reopened now for just over 1 week. . .

Hosted Parodies are at 9, all of which are mine, and the Original Song Lyrics section has reached 37. . .no Music Videos yet have been added. 

Charts are maintaned over at badave.com, interesting stats about the first 50 remotely hosted parodies. . .

The most parodied Original Artist so far is Green Day, accounting for 3 of the 50 parodies.

Below Average Dave accounts for 25 of the 50 Remotely Hosted Parodies.  . .
Nuclear Bubble Wrap has 8, Merry & Pippin have 6, Red Ant has 4, Matthias 3, Jeff Reuben 2, and Silly Nelson Duncan & Vocally Challenged each account for 1 a piece.

3 Artists have officially signed up for accounts with Badave.com at this time. . .

The top song under Hosted Parodies right now had 66 listens on it's opening day.

Donna Lewis leads the Lyrics section for most Lyrics hosted, followed by Michelle Branch and Cher

ATTENTION to Nuclear Bubble Wrap, Merry & Pippin, Matthias, Jeff Reuben, Silly Nelson Duncan and Vocally Challenged. . .To view stats for your songs, you can actually create an account in less than a minute (it's a very simple form). . .that night when I do my updates I'll realign all songs that you have submitted to be part of your account, allowing you to view your songs' statistics. 

Thank you Everyone for helping badave.com to reach it's first plateu, there are many more to go.

Upcoming Events include a Mp3 Background section to replace "Best of BAD", and a News section dedicated to badave.com news.

Sincerely,
Below Average Dave ( badave.com )

Subject: Re: badave.com Approves 50th Remotely Hosted Parody

Written By: Red Ant on 06/23/07 at 1:02 am

Dave is right, signing up takes less than a minute. Kudos to Dave for setting up all the script he has, basically building his site from scratch.

There's several things about badave.com that are more attractive than posting on Soundclick. One is he has no bs fine print, or any intentions of commercially using parodies like Soundclick says they can do. Soundclick actually mentions NOTHING about parody in their lawyer-to-the-max written rules. Two: there's no prank calls, which are not music at all, to compete with. Three: It's much easier to modify songs there or contact admin (Dave) than it is on Soundclick.com. Four: BADAVE is specifically for recorded parodies, whereas no other site I know of's main focus is in that area. Five, and most importantly: One of our own has taken the time to make a site that doesn't compete in the least with Amirght or inthe00s.com, rather it compliments them perfectly.

Right now, the site may not get as much traffic as other already well known music sites, but with the weekly radio shows and continued entries from all of us, I think it will become much bigger than anyone, even David, has ever thought of.

Written By: Rex on 06/23/07 at 6:07 am

Congrats and awesome job in setting all that up! I do have one thought...could there be separate fields for "parody author" and "performer"?

Written By: skittlesking on 06/23/07 at 6:09 am

Congrats and awesome job in setting all that up! I do have one thought...could there be separate fields for "parody author" and "performer"?

I suppose that would be fairly easy to execute, and considering lately we parodists seem to have more collaborations than rap artists, you know what, expect to see that at some point this weekend, maybe even tomorrow. . .though until then if you want to submit it as "by Rex Ungericht featuring "Insert Performer Here" I will update it myself to be correct when the new field is added. . .

and thank you very much Red Ant for your continued support in this endevour.

Written By: skittlesking on 06/25/07 at 2:49 pm

ATTN: Rex & Matthias

I have added 'performed by' to both Hosted and Remotely Hosted parody submition forms as well as the respective pages.

In addition I added 'sequenced by' to the Music Video section in the event that one person writes/performs a song and a different person does the video.

Written By: skittlesking on 06/26/07 at 12:09 am

I seriously apologize about the delay on the weekly station. . .work has cut into what would normally be update days. . .however as I told Matthias, I am building an update system that basically makes it just me clicking on buttons to update instead of hard scriptting each week,  I got all but about 10 pages done out of 200 something last night of this massive script. . .and I just couldn't type anymore. . .I'm pooped. . .so I will finish up tomorrow night, and the recording will be posted Wednesday Morning. . .I apologize for the delay again. .

The charts have been updated EXCEPT the Lyrics chart, but both Hosted and Remotely Hosted have been. . .daily updates also are taking a ONE DAY hiatus. . .ONLY ONE DAY though because the weekly were a bit complicated this week.

Check for new replies or respond here...