inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: She'll Be Cummin' And A Shoutin' Awarded 'Track Of The Day at Garageband

Written By: Dee Range on 06/28/07 at 10:07 am

Just got this email this morning from Garageband.com:

Dear Dee,

Congratulations! As a result of some very enthusiastic reviews from GarageBand.com members, "She'll Be Cummin' And A Shoutin'" will be Track of the Day at GarageBand.com.

For 24 hours on Sunday, the 1st of July, 2007 (PST) "She'll Be Cummin' And A Shoutin'" will be featured on GarageBand.com's Comedy front page. The address for this page will be:

http://www.GarageBand.com/go/1DHS3164KH

My OS "The TV Evangelical Hall Of Shame is currently in the second round, and stands in 3rd place at the moment. It can be heard HERE:

http://www.garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSlZlO2Ymo
  Also, I'm leaving for a new job in about an hour. I won't have time for writing or commenting much for several months, so I'd like to take this time to thank all the writers here for all the enjoyment you've given me for the past 3+ years, and also to apologize for any ruckus I may have accidentally stirred up.

Take care, and I'll see ya on the flip side....the sooner the better  :D

Take care all
Dee

Subject: Re: She'll Be Cummin' And A Shoutin' Awarded 'Track Of The Day at Garageband

Written By: Spaff.com on 06/28/07 at 9:16 pm

My OS "The TV Evangelical Hall Of Shame is currently in the second round, and stands in 3rd place at the moment.

Congrats, man. The fact that it's *anywhere* in the active charts after EIGHT AND A HALF MONTHS is accomplishment enough, but all the way up at #3? Very cool indeed.

And congrats (condolences?) on the new job. Please don't disappear for too long.

xoxox
Spaff

Subject: Re: She'll Be Cummin' And A Shoutin' Awarded 'Track Of The Day at Garageband

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/01/07 at 8:42 pm

what spaff said, Dee

and you'll get there, because you (and those rednecked mothers) seem to be a bit of a celebrity over at garageband.com - rightly so, with all your songs up near the top of the all-time charts

see you back here soon
:)

Written By: Spaff.com on 07/09/07 at 11:23 pm

"The TV Evangelical Hall of Shame" by Dee Range and The Red Neck Mothers is the Track of the WEEK on Garageband.com this week. Even better, it's currently at NUMBER ONE on the comedy chart.

Whoop Dee (Range) Doo! Yippie Ki-Yay!

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Red Ant on 07/10/07 at 11:05 pm

Congrats on TOTD at Garageband!. I went through a few of your other recordings, Dee. I was mortified to see how many negative comments existed on "Trailer Park Trash" - I didn't know you had recorded that one. If I may print a few here:

"started with the intro to jumpin' jack flash' - no wait it is an 'amusing' reworking of the lyrics
sorry but this is just lazy - anyone can write a bunch of half baked comedy lyrics over an established hit - it requires no real creativity & even less imagination or brainpower
the playing is very poor in comparison to the original - grossly inferior in every respect
the sound quality isn't impressive either
the drums sound like a drum machine - the guitar sound is cheap & cheesy
i was under the impression that cover versions were not allowed & would be removed from garageband - please remove this one
it was like listening to a drunk rambling over a piss poor karaoke tape - and if you feel that is a bit unfair, i feel it is more than a little unfair that i had to sit through it & write this review when i could be listening to something with some originality & creativity"
- deltaskelter from Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom on 13Nov2006

~Wow, obviously "delta's sheltered" from A-hole, C***, is totally cluless about everything, and woke up that day on the wrong side of the dog's vomit. It's a wonder people like him make it into adulthood.

yawn
"Song is boring..quality is terrible...lyrics are not funny..vocalist cannot sing either...dont waste your time on this band or guy or whatever...next!"
- ShadowOfAMartyr from Nutter Fort Ston, West Virginia on 10Dec2006

~He's from WV: 'nuff said.

This is a COVER!! Get off this websight!!!!
"Dude, this song is a cover. It's just a remake of Jumping jack Flash, dude, its not even a good re-creation, the singer's voice does not do mick jager justice, he would be insulted. Maybe you could have gotten away with it if the lyrics you inserted were actually funny, and not just replacing flash with gas, as a reference to fart gas, and trailer park trash. You're trash. Thanks."
- RyanGood from Chantilly, Virginia on 15Feb2007

~ On behalf of all Virginians, I apologize for this comment. I thought everyone this clueless about the concept of parody had moved to WV were buggering sheep is the most fun thing to do. Is there really a Chantilly, VA?  ???

jesus this is bad.
Ok, look please tell me why this - even for a second - should be considered as funny. All you've done is taken a song and changed the lyrics to tell a story about a trailer trash girl. Big whoop but unfourtunately about as funny as the time i walked in on my parents having sex - guess you had to be there.

Vocals
Um lame. Sorry just lame, copying jaggers phrasing and copying a stones song does that though.

Lead Guitar
Ok, but pointless and not worth even going into any more detail.

Lyrics.
Well ok, the lyrics are amusing - if you lack opposable thumbs - and they probably were funny the first time you expelled them after a long night out on meth, but unlike a fine wine these lyrics only decompose with time.

So in summary, not funny, nope just plain lame. I'm talking cheers after kirstey alley ate shelley long, lame.
- VinSin from A Good One, New Zealand on 16Mar2007

~ I hereby propose we begin conducting tests of our aging nuclear weapons on New Zealand.  :D

What's with all the haters there? In all honesty, I thought the recording could have been a bit closer to TOS style-wise, but it still was very funny and a superb write and recording.

As for "She'll Be Cummin' And A Shoutin'", I had seen your video before, though the recording sounded different. Great stuff, Dee. Again, if I may tear apart another lame review:

"Funny... but a parody
This is funny, but it's nothing more than a cover. Didn't even try to hide it.

My faith in this site is falling apart.
- possumcrossin from Stewartsville, Virginia on 30Jun2007

...but a parody? BUT A PARODY! I'm not apologizing for another Virginian ... I now realize why this state allows abortions up through the third trimester...

Despite the negative comments, your work is great, Dee.

Ant

Check for new replies or respond here...