inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: badave.com Bi-Weekly Radio Show, number 4 is up

Written By: skittlesking on 07/09/07 at 5:54 pm

http://ourmedia.org/node/327179

This one features parodies by Phil Alexander, Jeff Reuben, Ethan Mawyer (East Coast Parodies), The Conqueror of Parodies, Matthias, Red Ant, Stu McArthur, Rick Cormier, Nuclear Bubble Wrap, Spaff.com* & of course Below Average Dave

*Special note, prior to posting I did not realize "A Day in Exodus" is by Spaff.com and sang by Rick Cormier, so I do apologize to Spaff.com and it will be corrected in the following broadcast.

Subject: Re: badave.com Bi-Weekly Radio Show, number 4 is up

Written By: Rick Cormier on 07/09/07 at 6:27 pm

http://ourmedia.org/node/327179

This one features parodies by Phil Alexander, Jeff Reuben, Ethan Mawyer (East Coast Parodies), The Conqueror of Parodies, Matthias, Red Ant, Stu McArthur, Rick Cormier, Nuclear Bubble Wrap, Spaff.com* & of course Below Average Dave

*Special note, prior to posting I did not realize "A Day in Exodus" is by Spaff.com and sang by Rick Cormier, so I do apologize to Spaff.com and it will be corrected in the following broadcast.
Yes, "A Day in the Exodus" was written by Spaff.com. Much like what I did with Stu's "You and Me, Betty", I contacted him in advance and asked if he would mind if I recorded one of his songs.

I didn't tell him what I was saying in the reversed section of the song. I told him he'd have to work that out for himself. As it turns out, he knew someone (it may have been his brother) who was able to reverse the section for him.

Subject: Re: badave.com Bi-Weekly Radio Show, number 4 is up

Written By: Spaff.com on 07/09/07 at 11:18 pm

I remember being warned as a lad about evil backwards messages in songs. Who knew I'd live to see the day when such messages would appear in songs I'd written myself? (I couldn't be happier about it.)

No need to credit me, BAD. As far as I'm concerned, if you play a Rick Cormier performance, you credit Rick Cormier. There's no need to mention the lyricist - regular radio never does that. (But if you *do* mention the lyricist, well, that's just extra loveliness.)

xoxox
Spaff

Check for new replies or respond here...