inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My sister gave me a suggestion that I should rename my HP parody albums.

Written By: raddog on 07/12/07 at 1:40 pm

I agree with her. If "Weird Al" can call his '93 album "Alapalooza" instead of "Jurassic Park," then I can call my Harry Potter album something else than "Order Of The Phoenix." Though, it is based on the story. I will do the same with "Prisoner of Azkaban."

Subject: Re: My sister gave me a suggestion that I should rename my HP parody albums.

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/12/07 at 2:11 pm

Oh, what do sisters know?  :D

well...as long as it makes sense. Can you parody the original album title? If it's too weird, people won't click on it because they won't know what the subject matter is (that was the problem Weird Al  had with the Polka Party album...people thought it was an all-polka album, and so it became his worst-selling record ever!)

Subject: Re: My sister gave me a suggestion that I should rename my HP parody albums.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/12/07 at 5:03 pm

I agree with her. If "Weird Al" can call his '93 album "Alapalooza" instead of "Jurassic Park," then I can call my Harry Potter album something else than "Order Of The Phoenix." Though, it is based on the story. I will do the same with "Prisoner of Azkaban."

If it were me, I would name it something from the book (ie. something that first appears in that book).  Been awhile since I read the books, so I don't know what you could use, but I'm sure you could think of something.

Check for new replies or respond here...