inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: These things take way too long...

Written By: philbo on 07/18/07 at 9:17 am

Was it worth it?

Creating and concatenating 138 separate images into one long video

Enjoy... but don't expect any more like this for quite a while - it used up all my free time for weeks.

Subject: Re: These things take way too long...

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/18/07 at 9:45 am

Was it worth it?

absolutely worth it Phil - absolutely brilliant and hilarious - esp "corpuscles" LOL

(and my sympathies to your tongue)

Written By: philbo on 07/18/07 at 1:25 pm

:)  Thanks, Stu

Tongue's not quite as hairy as it might have been: I started by adding "hair" to all the appropriate bits of the various images, but that was taking way too long - it was bad enough as it was...

Written By: Step-chan on 07/18/07 at 3:05 pm

Very good.

Written By: La Roche on 07/18/07 at 3:47 pm

Very good.

Not just very good, bloody brilliant!

Written By: Step-chan on 07/18/07 at 4:25 pm

Not just very good, bloody brilliant!

True, but I didn't feel the need to a longer post.

Written By: Red Ant on 07/19/07 at 6:47 pm

I can see where that would have taken forever. The pictures were occasionally out of time with what you were singing, but one hell of an effort making the video, not to mention recording the parody w/o choking to death on your tongue (IMO, that song is harder than rap to get right). Funny work all the same, Phil.  Kudos, and I can relate to the subject matter all too well...

Written By: Rex on 07/19/07 at 7:02 pm

What's next, Hairy Potter? Awesome job!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_rr.gif

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 07/20/07 at 4:39 pm

This

Is

Freakin'

Astounding!!!

Great job, Mr Alexander. Wonderfully creative and brilliantly put together. If there was a Bafta for Best Crazy Youtube Parody Visualisation By A Resident Of High Wycombe....you might even make the shortlist!  :D

Written By: philbo on 07/23/07 at 6:45 am

If there was a Bafta for Best Crazy Youtube Parody Visualisation By A Resident Of High Wycombe....you might even make the shortlist!  :D

Such praise as to make my head swell... lucky there ain't more youtube visualization parodistas in Wycombe...

I can see where that would have taken forever. The pictures were occasionally out of time with what you were singing, but one hell of an effort making the video, not to mention recording the parody w/o choking to death on your tongue (IMO, that song is harder than rap to get right). Funny work all the same, Phil.  Kudos, and I can relate to the subject matter all too well...

The out-of-syncness of it may well be youtube's flash video streaming: in the source wmv files, it's sometimes fractionally out, but when I've watched it on youtube, it was way out in places.

But anyway, thanks again everybody.

Written By: John Jenkins on 07/28/07 at 12:54 am

Outstanding, Phil!  I just got around to listening and am glad that you took the time to do this.  If that is you singing, you don't sound English ... or were you going for the Johnny Cash sound?

Written By: philbo on 08/03/07 at 2:33 pm

If that is you singing, you don't sound English ... or were you going for the Johnny Cash sound?

Yes, I was going for the Johnny Cash sound: the accent varies considerably when I'm playing, from the Lancastrian to American and (occasionally even) Antipodean

Check for new replies or respond here...