inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Extreme Parody Line Question, Where Does One Draw the Line?

Written By: skittlesking on 07/20/07 at 11:18 am

I wasn't sure where to post it, not sure if it can be removed, but this parody sickened me to the point of rage. . .for the record I'm "Independent", but when I see such extreme things like this calling my opinions or views basically retarded and slandering people who are my friends in the same manner the Phelps clan does, I have to say where is the line between opinion parody and attack parody drawn

http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/lesleygore20.shtml

Hmm, I wonder, just a bit, if "Sarcastic Paranoid" is Proud American/Linda therune/Christian Sally-they all sound the same

It's one thing to say "LeftTard", but I draw the line at being called a pedafile just because I don't agree with Republican Extremists. . .for that matter, I don't consider myself any party, but using her intro link to a site saying that 'homosexuals' and 'pedafiles' are one in the same is PURELY a speculation article, not proof of anything, yet it's used as justification for attacking homosexuals in general.  Not to mention, truth be told, of known repeat offenders of this nature--over 70% are heterosexual, and a very large portion of the remaining offenders are bisexual. . .and using editorials as evidence otherwise is sick, slanderous, and offensive to Democrats, Independents, Homosexuals, and anyone who may respectfully disagree. 

I find it interesting that she used a Lesley Gore song, since after all in 2005 Lesley Gore came out and said "SHE IS GAY!"  Then again, people this extreme and crazy generally don't look outside the box, it's the same type of person that would go on a Green Day thread in You Tube and call someone gay for saying something even remotely treading water with something gay, and then following it with "Green Day Rules", when Billie Joe (lead singer) is bi-sexual, and the group is pro-equality. 

Baby Murderer being a choice is a gross misinterpretation of pro-life views, and it is an extreme one, these are the kind of people who end up blowing up abortion clinics, and when people speak like this (and interestingly censor others opinions by disallowing comments) it truly scares me and makes it hard for me to even consider what they are saying as serious agenda, in fact I can only view them as insane, but what's scary is they may influence further hate and misconceptions through their lies.

Sodomy, I also find interesting, that she is so focused on what goes on in OTHER people's bedrooms. . .isn't that, oh I don't know, VOYEURISM?  It's absolutely disturbing that anyone could hate a group as much as extreme Republicans, and while I may not consider myself a Democrat, seeing crap like this makes it a clear cut choice come election time.  I mean, I don't want to support a party that rejects Scientific evidence that has all but flat-out said it's not a choice in any way.  My God, it's 2007 and some people are really still stuck in the dark ages. . .and to align Sodomy as only being a homosexual thing is misleading also. . .last I checked anything but Missionary Positions was Sodomy. . .but she is clearly referring to homosexual acts, why use Sodomy as her choice of wording.

All those lines aside, this line "He conceals pederasts 'cause they're gay" is an attack. . .I mean, isn't it. . .I think it's extremely offensive, wrong, and liking gay and pedafile, they are two totally different things, it's not just a misconception;  in her opening statement she links to some extremist editorial trying to say that because a large number of pedafiles in the priesthood act out on young males that gays must be pedafiles; which is completely ignoring facts like the one that, priests are only AROUND YOUNG MALES and not allowed to marry--you know the fact that sex is considered one of the 6 needs of life couldn't POSSIBLY be why they end up lashing out.  Completely ignoring actual FBI statistics that peg the most common child molestor (mind you-I mean ACTUAL child molestors, not the Romeo-Juliet crap that plagues the Sex Offender Registry) to be 35 year old white males who's victim was a female.  Oh, and interesting, no mention of teachers whose offenses also lately have been in the limelight-it couldn't be because the teacher offenders have been STRAIGHT--she uses everything out of context and so does her extremist external link.

"He's scum--well of course, he is scum--A creep; like all leftards, a creep!" . . .I'm really sick of that rhetoric. . .and half the country is scum, and the middle ground that disagrees with her and less extreme right of the spectrum too no doubt, I bet she hates Republicans who may disagree with her, because I know a number of Republicans who think views like this are insane, I think it's a terrible representation of the Republican Party, and surely hope that most Republicans aren't like this.

"Oh, and Rainbow Sash perverts too;"  I've heard enough. . .friggin' crazy lady who attacks falsehoods and mis-perceptions, I don't have to be a "lefttard" to be offended by this, as an Independent I am offended by this parody, I think that it is a shameful representation of the Republican Party and it's extreme.  It's one thing to be Pro-Life, but when you blow up an Abortion Clinic, you just committed murder in the name of stopping murder--and I believe what my mom taught me TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT--it's a good philosophy to live by and has largely kept me from getting into crazy belief cycles that fuel hate and disdain-both of which lead to depression which leads to shorter life spans. .

Sincerely,
Dave

P.S.  Sorry I don't rant like this often, but the extremist crap really sickens me and takes away from my interest in parodies and AmIRight. . .after reading something like that, you just don't want to read anymore.

Subject: Re: Extreme Parody Line Question, Where Does One Draw the Line?

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/20/07 at 11:39 am

The best thing to do is just ignore it...or I should say, just ignore feebly-minded-arch-conservatives-who-have-no-position-of-power-to-change-the-world-to-their-bidding...

Written By: skittlesking on 07/20/07 at 1:25 pm

The best thing to do is just ignore it...or I should say, just ignore feebly-minded-arch-conservatives-who-have-no-position-of-power-to-change-the-world-to-their-bidding...

Agri, I will always love your view on things outside of our control . . ..:)

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 07/20/07 at 3:56 pm

This is how I see it, Dave...

The best AND worst thing about the internet is that EVERYBODY gets to have their say: no matter how hateful, narrow-minded, intolerant and stupid they may be. Sarcastic Paranoid is obviously under the delusion that he/she is the voice of truth... but all he/she can manage is venemous, vitriolic sh**-slinging, rather than clever, intelligent and insightful debate. To me, he/she comes across as nothing but an irritant, like a cockroach that hangs around your kitchen and spreads disease. If this is the best he/she can come up with, then he/she deserves pity, not anger.

Be assured, Dave, than 99.9% of Amirighters dont subscribe to this idiot's views, and could care less that he/she exists, let alone what he/she has to say. Don't let this little worm ruin your enjoyment.

Kristof

p.s. Did you notice that he/she didn't enable comments? Obviously, can give it but can't take it. COWARD!!!

p.p.s. How ya going, anyways? PM me to let me know what's going down in Daveworld!!!

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/20/07 at 4:52 pm

p.s. Did you notice that he/she didn't enable comments? Obviously, can give it but can't take it. COWARD!!!

The fact that she/he/it does not enable comments is a kind move on their part. Frankly, paragraphs upon paragraphs of political grandstanding on the Latest Comments roll, from either sides of the issues, is a bloody waste of time for this site. (that's why Tong avoids comments as well, so i have heard)

Written By: wildcard on 07/20/07 at 7:24 pm

I like playing ping pong.  My strategy is to return whatever comes my way.  whenever I see stuff like this I just take out my imaginary ping pong paddle and send it right back where it came from.

Written By: Red Ant on 07/20/07 at 8:40 pm

I never read parodies that I know will not have comments enabled - SP is no exception. Besides, it's the same old crap - we're all God hating, baby killing, homosexual, stupid, blah blah blah...  lamestream Leftard Dhimmocratic (Demoncrapic?) sheep. Matter of fact, add in some more cheap insults, a few verbs, some articles, and punctuation to the previous sentence in various combinations, and voila! you've more or less read every SP parody.

"Do you consider your position so weak that it cannot withstand debate?" - CMDR Data, ST: TNG

A rhetorical question for SP for which we already know the answer...

Ant

Written By: Step-chan on 07/24/07 at 1:50 pm

Whoa, definetly extreme.

I affiliate with no political party myself(but tend to get along better with the left than the right. Not that I have a ton of issues with the right). I don't agree with that parody in any way either.

It would be interesting to see the comments enabled. Although I'd just be tempted to post under a different name(not to bash or anything, just leave a simple comment) like "anime fetishists" or something like that.

However...

Best not join in an argument with someone who has no real maturity.

Edit: Went and looked through SP's author list alittle. There was one parody with comments enabled(didn't really read it though, after reading a few of the pre-words and afterwords, I was going into extremist-toxic shock).

Written By: EthanM on 08/01/07 at 12:43 pm

Forcing myself to read and then write about "parodies" like that is part of the reason why I couldn't continue with my parody reviewing project. That, and I'd rather concentrate my energy on being creative.

Check for new replies or respond here...