inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you write comedy as well as parody?

Written By: Rex on 07/23/07 at 5:46 pm

If you've ever fancied yourself a scriptwriter, you might want to go here: http://wherearethejoneses.wikidot.com/.

Where are the Joneses? is a daily British web comedy, shot from ideas and scripts submitted by the public. The premise is that Dawn Jones has discovered that she is the progeny of a rather active sperm donor and that she has 27 siblings. Now she is on a quest to find them all.

Subject: Re: Do you write comedy as well as parody?

Written By: philbo on 07/25/07 at 4:25 am

Sitcom is one area I've not touched: I've done some stand-up (not very well, and mainly to introduce the songs), and I have a comic musical on the go.  But I very much doubt I'll be hitting a sitcom.  One good episode may well be possible, but to keep it going - hell, it'd probably end up like Friends...

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/26/07 at 2:17 am

One good episode may well be possible, but to keep it going - hell, it'd probably end up like Friends...

Eek !  Your analogy was well constructed  :P

Written By: EthanM on 08/01/07 at 12:35 pm

It seems like you'd need to watch the almost 50 episodes that they have before you could really contribute.

Check for new replies or respond here...