inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: badave.com changes being considered--looking for opinions

Written By: skittlesking on 08/30/07 at 2:17 am

1. Adding a "50 Newest Station on AmIRight" for recording Artists

2. Adding a "Ages of AmIRight Station" representing the songs I wrote for the contest "Ages of AmIRight" in which I placed 2nd overall

3. Removing the Daily Challenge/Response feature from the Song Parody Contests, but keeping it on Badave.com (lack of participation at AMR)

4. Deleting the Backing Track section (no Support)

5. Removing "Parody Videos" from Front Page (but not the site) and adding one of the charts instead, or a Link section allowing parodists to link to written parodies on AmIRight and Whatfreaks

6. Adding "Contests" as an official section on Badave linking to SOTM, ABC, and Artistry as well as other popular traditional contests that come along

**The Above 6 are things I'm considering, I want Badave's active sections to shine without the inactive ones bringing them down.  .the Music Video section gets far more traffic than submissions. . .and it looks odd because not enough videos have been submitted, as the section grows I will consider putting it back on the front page.  I loved the idea for the "Backing Track" section, but frankly it never took off. . .no one has submitted a backing track.  The Remotely Hosted Parody section and the BAD section are both doing very well, as is the OS Lyric idea, and despite lack of interest in the contests board on AmIRight, visitors to badave.com through search engines love the idea and are visiting the participants profiles/parody links to AmIRight more than most other sections**

Changes Already Made. . .
1. The AmIRight POTM has been canceled indefinitely due to low turn outs

2. The AmIRight SOTM has been dedicated a website designed by me in the likeness of the one for Artistry, I still have research to do to bring it up to date.

Subject: Re: badave.com changes being considered--looking for opinions

Written By: lpg_unit on 08/30/07 at 5:19 am

Maybe I'll do the job of being a part-time graphics artist, Monsieur Dave, if you like...

Written By: Matthias on 08/30/07 at 7:11 am

I have a suggestion.

After you finished re-recording your old parodies, and then your new ones
Could you work on recording the songs of the winners of Ages of Amiright.com???????  ;)

Written By: skittlesking on 08/30/07 at 11:59 am

I have a suggestion.

After you finished re-recording your old parodies, and then your new ones
Could you work on recording the songs of the winners of Ages of Amiright.com???????  ;)

If you can get the other participants to give their permission for all their Ages entries to be recorded (I have Ethan, TCOP, You and Jack on my permission granted list already) . . .I think I'd strongly consider that and then I could build the Ages Station around all those recordings. . .as a memory type thing. . .Just have them post here that they'd like to have their Ages work recorded, and I'll do it. . .Um, That's Wolverine, Cat, Agrimorfee, Tomario, & Michael McVey. . .Though in honesty, I don't know that all the entries can be recorded. . .I could try to do the majority if I have open permission to do so.

Written By: skittlesking on 08/30/07 at 12:00 pm

Maybe I'll do the job of being a part-time graphics artist, Monsieur Dave, if you like...

Oh--well anything graphically that can be enhanced I'll always welcome, honestly--I would always welcome that kinda help.

Written By: Matthias on 08/30/07 at 12:27 pm

If you can get the other participants to give their permission for all their Ages entries to be recorded (I have Ethan, TCOP, You and Jack on my permission granted list already) . . .I think I'd strongly consider that and then I could build the Ages Station around all those recordings. . .as a memory type thing. . .Just have them post here that they'd like to have their Ages work recorded, and I'll do it. . .Um, That's Wolverine, Cat, Agrimorfee, Tomario, & Michael McVey. . .Though in honesty, I don't know that all the entries can be recorded. . .I could try to do the majority if I have open permission to do so.

I'll really only need to get 2 people to give you permission, since you don't need your own permission, and you already have mine
I was only referring to the winners of Amiright In The Ages which would be Me, You, Agrimorfee, and Cat
I'll ask Agrimorfee and Cat, and hopefully they'll give you permission
I would love to see all of them recorded mind you, but I think that would be asking for a bit much.
The winners would be a lot easier to do.

Written By: skittlesking on 08/30/07 at 12:57 pm

I'll really only need to get 2 people to give you permission, since you don't need your own permission, and you already have mine
I was only referring to the winners of Amiright In The Ages which would be Me, You, Agrimorfee, and Cat
I'll ask Agrimorfee and Cat, and hopefully they'll give you permission
I would love to see all of them recorded mind you, but I think that would be asking for a bit much.
The winners would be a lot easier to do.

Well . .maybe all quickly, it would be, but doing all of them isn't totally unheard of (I'd just have to skip the really obscure ones and Need help finding certain backing tracks--one of which include Agri's Winning Song "SLC"  . . OPP is surprisingly difficult to find.

Check for new replies or respond here...