inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Amiright: Our Musical"--group parody of "Scrubs: My Musical"--Entry & Discuss

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/07/07 at 7:51 am

So here's what happened...Matthias decided to do a parody of one of the songs from the critically-acclaimed Scrubs episode that incorporated a full-blown musical into the plot(in the grand tradition of Buffy The Vampire Slayer  ::)). He in turn challenged me to parody "Welcome To Sacred Heart" from the same show. In a fit of inspiration, I suggested that we open the floor to the Amiright community to join in and participate with their own contribution to "Our Musical". ;D

So, in the grand tradition of time-honored productions such as The Pirates Who Pen-stanzas, Brangelina, and The Redneck White Album, Agrimorfee and Matthias are proud to announce an open call audition for

Amiright: Our Musical!!!!

Here is the list of songs. Pick one, and I will add your name to the list. If we can get every one of these songs together, hopefully someone can put this together into a coherent plot and present it in another thread. There is no deadline at this time, and as of now, there is no restriction on topics...but if people begin to contribute completed parodies or ideas here, it could add to this exquisite corpse.

Hey Stu! Claude Prez? Rick Duncan? Hey CAT! Come one, come all!
1. All Right
2. Welcome To Sacred Heart: Agrimorfee
3. Everything Comes Down To Poo: Matthias
4. Gonna Miss You Carla
5. The Rant Song
6. Options
7. When The Truth Comes Out
8. Guy Love
9. For The Last Time, I'm Dominican Agrimorfee
10. Friends Forever
11. What's Gonna Happen? Matthias

Here are all of the musical's lyrics, on one convenient page: http://scrubs.mopnt.com/music/606-lyrics

Matthias, in addition to listing the songs, has kindly provided Youtube links for the entire episode for everyone's benefit. One does not have to see any of this, though, to join in.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxqYEQkcF-c
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhsofWej_5A&mode=related&search=
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n667sLftx4&mode=related&search=

(Matthias sez:)I'm interested as to who will be a part of this
Jack Wilson? Charnster? Any more Scrubs fans out there?

Subject: Re: "Amiright: Our Musical"--group parody of "Scrubs: My Musical"--Entry & Discuss

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/07/07 at 8:08 am

A distant early warning...I have an idea to make the theme of my first song something to do with Wal-Mart...and Matthias' first song will be titled "Every Gal's Obsessed With Shoes ".  :o

Subject: Re: "Amiright: Our Musical"--group parody of "Scrubs: My Musical"--Entry & Discuss

Written By: Matthias on 09/07/07 at 9:00 am

http://nalts.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/kellysshoes.jpg

Every Gal's Obsessed With Shoes
http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/scrubsmymusical0.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 09/07/07 at 9:06 am

With no restriction on topics I'm intrested in seeing how we're going to get a story out of this

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/07/07 at 9:25 am

With no restriction on topics I'm intrested in seeing how we're going to get a story out of this

With my initial idea for Wal-Mart, and yours about shoes, it could go into a Shopping Spree... ;)

But these have always worked out...(Stu?)

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/07/07 at 4:25 pm

http://www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/iopweb/blob/downloads/locator/locator-338-empty_room.jpg :-\\http://ztoical.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/IMG_3318.jpg

Written By: Matthias on 09/07/07 at 10:35 pm

Where the heck is everybody!
Cat? Below Average Dave? Stu? Kristof? Red Ant? Jeff? Arwen? Claude? Spaff?
Anybody?!?!?!?!

Oh well... If we can't get anybody to participate in this we're going to have to be the Turk and J.D of Amiright.

Subject: Re: "Amiright: Our Musical"--group parody of "Scrubs: My Musical"--Entry & Discu

Written By: lpg_unit on 09/08/07 at 8:20 am

http://nalts.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/kellysshoes.jpg

Every Gal's Obsessed With Shoes
http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/scrubsmymusical0.shtml

http://www.univie.ac.at/cga/art/_1000140_shoe150.jpg

This song definitely goes out to Imelda Marcos, since she has a mother lode of them at her home turf...

Written By: Matthias on 09/10/07 at 2:28 pm

So what's next Turkimorfee?

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/10/07 at 2:39 pm

Here's "Fake Wal-Mart", for the record.
http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/scrubsmymusical1.shtml

I don't know what to do next right now. Let me take a look at the lyrics later and I will get back to you. I wish more people would hop aboard.  :(

That number was easier than I expected, but it was short! I wanted to eat at more of Wal-Mart's overriding awfulness, but perhaps that can be covered in another track.

Written By: Matthias on 09/10/07 at 8:32 pm

I have an idea for the play... We can have J.D work at the Mall with voice-overs, fantasy sequences and the whole lot.

Written By: Matthias on 09/10/07 at 10:24 pm

Here's "Fake Wal-Mart", for the record.
http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/scrubsmymusical1.shtml

I don't know what to do next right now. Let me take a look at the lyrics later and I will get back to you. I wish more people would hop aboard.  :(

That number was easier than I expected, but it was short! I wanted to eat at more of Wal-Mart's overriding awfulness, but perhaps that can be covered in another track.

Well the best song for that would be "The Rant Song"

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/11/07 at 7:38 am

I have an idea for the play... We can have J.D work at the Mall with voice-overs, fantasy sequences and the whole lot.

And everybody else? Have Carla work at Banana Republic (which could tie in with the "I'm Dominican" number), Janitor remains Janitor... ???

Written By: Matthias on 09/11/07 at 9:20 am

And everybody else? Have Carla work at Banana Republic (which could tie in with the "I'm Dominican" number), Janitor remains Janitor... ???

Let's see here...

1. J.D: New employee at Fake Wal-Mart
2. Bob Kelso: C.P.O of Fake Wal-Mart
3. Dr. Cox: Angry underpaid manager
4. Turk: Dick's Sporting Goods
5. Carla: Banana Republic
6. Elliot: Best Cuts
7. Janitor: Janitor
8. Doug: Fake Wal-Mart Greeter
9. Tedd: Once again Kelso's right hand man
10. The Todd: Victoria's Secret Clerk
11. Jordan: The rival manager against Manager Cox
12. Lavern: Working at a stand selling Bibles

There we go...

Written By: Matthias on 09/11/07 at 9:24 am

Oh and I'll work on the short song (All Right, and Options) when I write the script, because I really, really want to write the script!!!

It may be the only time that I can actually write a "Scrubs" episode

To "All Right" I'll make "Job Interview" because I think that would be a good place to begin.

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/11/07 at 10:28 am

Oh and I'll work on the short song (All Right, and Options) when I write the script, because I really, really want to write the script!!!

I was hoping you'd say that!

I am a Aggy-come-lately to the show anyway, and you obviously have more emotional investment and knowledge about it than I do.
To be honest, I was hoping they would end the series at this point because I felt it has had its Jump The Shark time this past season (post-My Musical, of course)

Written By: Matthias on 09/11/07 at 10:32 am

I was hoping you'd say that!

I am a Aggy-come-lately to the show anyway, and you obviously have more emotional investment and knowledge about it than I do.
To be honest, I was hoping they would end the series at this point because I felt it has had its Jump The Shark time this past season (post-My Musical, of course)

I'll admit they are now stretching for ideas after about 5 "His Stories" (I mean they even were inside the mind of the Janitor!), but I'm glad they don't. "Scrubs" is my favorite show, and I would be crushed if they stopped making new episodes.

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/11/07 at 11:05 am

Hehe, I didn't even know that episodes were titled "My..." until I got into this idea. :D

(Kinda like how Friends always had titles that were "The One Where..." :))

Written By: Matthias on 09/13/07 at 1:00 pm

Tell you what Aggy, since you're not a huge "Scrubs" fan, and this contest isn't going anywhere, and you completed the challange. Let's exit this contest. I still might do a parody of "Guy Love", but then I'm probably going to call it a break, because we need people if we really want to do anything.

So it was a good idea, but sadly there's not enough "Scrubs" fans in the world

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/13/07 at 4:37 pm

Tell you what Aggy, since you're not a huge "Scrubs" fan, and this contest isn't going anywhere, and you completed the challange. Let's exit this contest. I still might do a parody of "Guy Love", but then I'm probably going to call it a break, because we need people if we really want to do anything.

So it was a good idea, but sadly there's not enough "Scrubs" fans in the world

I had some inc-lings of the Dominican tune to be called "I'm a Banana Republican"...but s'ok. Maybe I will do it some other time, maybe no. I got some singular ideas brewing that I would like to work on anyway. On the other hand, if you ever revisit the idea, go ahead and run with it with my blessing. 8)

Written By: Matthias on 09/13/07 at 4:40 pm

Actually I want to do a parody to "The Rant Song" AND "Guy Love" so... We might be able to finish this after all  ;)

Don't get me wrong it was a great idea, and I loved it, but the lack of people intrested made me in turn lose intrest.

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/13/07 at 4:51 pm

Actually I want to do a parody to "The Rant Song" AND "Guy Love" so... We might be able to finish this after all  ;)

Don't get me wrong it was a great idea, and I loved it, but the lack of people intrested made me in turn lose intrest.

So which is it???  ;)

We'll just call this a work in progress.

Written By: Matthias on 09/13/07 at 4:59 pm

So which is it???  ;)

We'll just call this a work in progress.

What I meant was since you are working on "Banana Republican" and I want to work on "Guy Love" and "The Rant Song" we'd be pretty much done, or at least half way done with the album...
Sorry to confuse you, I have a habit of doing that

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/14/07 at 9:15 am

What I meant was since you are working on "Banana Republican" ...

Don't expect it very soon...

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/09/08 at 7:46 am

Bump. Well then, Matty, me(  :D), anyone else wanna do this up before the show has its last episode (which, thanks to the writer's strike, might not be until next year anyway?)  :D

Written By: Matthias on 01/09/08 at 11:32 am

Bump. Well then, Matty, me(  :D), anyone else wanna do this up before the show has its last episode (which, thanks to the writer's strike, might not be until next year anyway?)   :D

Man....
Well "Scrubs" has had a good run, but I guess they can only have so many seasons they're not South Park or The Simpsons, which will probably have seasons forever.
And I guess soon enough we're going to watch "Scrubs" on TBS and before long on Nick @ Nite.

I'm glad you still want to work on this Aggy. I want to work on "The Rant Song" still... It's a song with lines like the Major-Modern General, and Gilbert & Sullivan styled musicals.

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/09/08 at 12:48 pm

Keep in mind my commitments that I've given myself on the Big 7 and other things...I still would like to see other people contribute if at all possible. Maybe I should pull that Banana Republican idea I had back out from the 'net...

Written By: Matthias on 02/18/08 at 1:03 pm

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k184/I_heart_Jennifer_Tilly/hot_topic_logo.jpg

Coming Tomorrow...

Mark of "What Going To Happen?"

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/18/08 at 2:42 pm

OK, Matthias, now that I've killed that Big 7 albatross, I am going to take a look at "fixing up" For The Last Time I'm Dominican.

'Twill be a rhyme challenge, not to mention a topic challenge!

Note well: The last song should be called "How Did This Happen?"  :D

Written By: Matthias on 02/18/08 at 4:55 pm

OK, Matthias, now that I've killed that Big 7 albatross, I am going to take a look at "fixing up" For The Last Time I'm Dominican.

'Twill be a rhyme challenge, not to mention a topic challenge!

Note well: The last song should be called "How Did This Happen?"  :D

Good idea, but I already did that one and I titled it "Hot Topic"

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/18/08 at 5:07 pm

Good idea, but I already did that one and I titled it "Hot Topic"

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/061006/112522__scrubs_l.jpg
"Good lord, he's right!"  :D

Written By: Matthias on 02/19/08 at 10:41 am

Hey Aggy! Mark of "What's Going To Happen" from the main listings.

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/21/08 at 10:05 am

"Amright: Our Retail Musical"

Storyline: Matthias goes to the Woodlands Shopaholic Mall one bright and sunny Sunday with his buddies J.D., Carla, and Turk. He finds that he is afflicted with a strange neurological syndrome that makes him hear songs every time he enters a store.... ??? :D

EDIT: Just suggestions.

Written By: Max Power on 02/21/08 at 3:12 pm

Can anyone else jump in?

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/22/08 at 9:02 am

Can anyone else jump in?

The original intent was for anyone to join...however, there are not too many songs left, and this has kind of turned into Matthias' baby. I'd say, if you got a really good idea that fits in the themes of what we have done so far, stake a claim on a tune on the 1st post and do your best work.

OK with you, Matthias?

Written By: Matthias on 02/22/08 at 10:02 am

The original intent was for anyone to join...however, there are not too many songs left, and this has kind of turned into Matthias' baby. I'd say, if you got a really good idea that fits in the themes of what we have done so far, stake a claim on a tune on the 1st post and do your best work.

OK with you, Matthias?

Yeah Max, Before you post your song, I would like to see what your idea is to make sure it fits the theme of what we're going for with this.

Written By: Max Power on 02/23/08 at 1:39 pm

Yeah Max, Before you post your song, I would like to see what your idea is to make sure it fits the theme of what we're going for with this.

Planning to work on " Guy Love " with the parody about a hamburger helper glove, the title is to be " My Glove ".

Written By: Matthias on 02/23/08 at 1:53 pm

Cute idea... Kinda hard to work into the whole shopping spree thing, but I like it, and if we can't use it for this I would like to see it just to see it.

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/25/08 at 8:05 am

Cute idea... Kinda hard to work into the whole shopping spree thing, but I like it, and if we can't use it for this I would like to see it just to see it.

Work it into a visit to a kitchen supply store...a search for a burn-proof, comfortable oven mitt...isn't there someting like that in the malls nowadays?

Written By: Matthias on 04/09/08 at 8:41 pm

In order to get this complete I'm allowing a free for all on topics!!!

You no longer have to worry about combining the parody with Mall Shopping unless you want to, because we just need to get these songs done, we don't need to have a story behind them.

Written By: Matthias on 04/09/08 at 9:39 pm

And because I did that I got another one of the "Scrubs Showtunes" out of the way...

http://anecdotes.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/01/100_0605.jpg

http://access.nscpcdn.com/gallery/i/d/dlloyd/2babes-netscape-danielle-01.jpg

http://i.treehugger.com/files/th_images/organic_beer.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/197/507296664_61d9f7ffa2.jpg

Written By: Matthias on 03/19/11 at 1:44 pm

We need to continue with this project Aggy!!!  :)

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/24/11 at 9:31 pm

Wow....hard to believe this was 3 years ago...when I was able to do quick screen shots like the one above.. ;D. I am trying to finish off another one of my all-time fave songs. I will try to give a looksee at the remaining Scrubs songs through the weekend and see if I can get inspired.

Written By: Matthias on 03/24/11 at 9:42 pm

I'm going to take a stab at "When The Truth Comes Out" called "When The Tooth Comes Out" about the wonders of dentistry!

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/28/11 at 8:10 pm

The link to the lyrics is no longer valid.  >:(

Written By: Matthias on 03/28/11 at 8:22 pm

The link to the lyrics is no longer valid.  >:(

Here you go Aggy...

http://www.stlyrics.com/s/scrubs-mymusical.htm

Check for new replies or respond here...