inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Squirrelbait Parody video! Check it out!

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 09/07/07 at 7:33 pm

Yes, the Squirrel does it again!! :D
I finished my latest forte into parody video performances with my take on Rob Zombie's 'Dragula'.
It's called "Dagobah" and it's a silly little romp with Luke, Artoo and Yoda as they rock out the Jedi training on everyone's favorite swampy planet.

Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDYiYl7KGgM

Again I apologize for the crummy singing, but please try to look past that and enjoy the parody lyric writing and amusing video edits. One day I will find the right song to sing better, or hire someone to sing for me.

Please enjoy and let me know what you think.

...By the way, I'm working on my next project, which will be a Christmas classic. It'll be my first 100% original parody video, all animated with my own cartoon work. Hopefully I'll have it done by around November, in time for the holiday season. After that I would like to make my video-making services available for anyone who wants one done. Well, I'll try anyways. I'll let you know.

Subject: Re: New Squirrelbait Parody video! Check it out!

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 09/13/07 at 7:45 pm

No comments yet? OK, I admit it's not my best work, but I swear I'll make it up to you! Really!

Written By: Step-chan on 09/13/07 at 7:53 pm

I didn't have any issues with your singing voice, although some of the timing is alittle iffy.

What type of music did you do with it? The music itself doesn't really do it much justice.

Written By: Red Ant on 09/13/07 at 7:59 pm

I'm familiar with TOS, Mikey. Not bad, I wouldn't expect you to sound like Rob Zombie, but the static was distracting. The backing track sounds like a MIDI, and I was hoping since the instruments in that song are mostly synthesized it would be a lot closer to the original.

The video editing is done very well, especially getting the scenes to "pulse" with the music, but as for the topic I'm afraid it's lost on me.

"Jedi" for "Dead, I" was a excellent sub throughout, though I'm guessing you got the idea from the title instead.

Ant

Check for new replies or respond here...