inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Submit Green Day Parodies to AmIRight Today!, Tomorrow it's Here!

Written By: skittlesking on 09/11/07 at 6:46 pm

No-not a birthday.

I've noticed a large fan base of Green Day here. . .

I've never done a Green Day parody before officially under my name

Well on Friday September 21 I'm announcing B-Day

I will be releasing at least one recording, and five parodies of Green Day songs. . .maybe more. . .

I invite anyone who wants to submit songs on September 20th after updates are done of Green Day parodies to join me. . .I'm doing this tribute at a random time to remedy the fact that I haven't parodied them, and I claim them to my favorite band--what kind of parodist DOESN'T parody their favorite band?  On September 20 I will be submitting a slew of Green Day parodies. . .anyone who wants to add to that, please do so. . .discuss below--thank you:) 

PS. . .yes this was a spur of the moment thing totally unrelated to anything else going on in my life, just felt like doing it.

That's a week and a half from now so everyone has plenty of time to discuss it. . .and come up with some ideas. . .I look forward to hearing opinions. . .but rest assured that it will beat my record of 4 parodies on one day set on Monday--I'm hitting a bit of writer spasm where I just feel like writing to deal with issues--well--I did that all weekend, now I will be planning all week for the biggest Below Average Dave release day in my brief AmIRight history!

Subject: Re: B-Day!!! (Green Day collides with Below Average Dave)

Written By: Matthias on 09/11/07 at 7:33 pm

My mime awaits...

Written By: Matthias on 09/11/07 at 7:35 pm

No-not a birthday.

I've noticed a large fan base of Green Day here. . .

I've never done a Green Day parody before officially under my name

Well on Friday September 21 I'm announcing B-Day

I will be releasing at least one recording, and ten parodies of Green Day songs. . .maybe more. . .

I invite anyone who wants to submit songs on September 20th after updates are done of Green Day parodies to join me. . .I'm doing this tribute at a random time to remedy the fact that I haven't parodied them, and I claim them to my favorite band--what kind of parodist DOESN'T parody their favorite band?  On September 20 I will be submitting a slew of Green Day parodies. . .anyone who wants to add to that, please do so. . .discuss below--thank you:) 

PS. . .yes this was a spur of the moment thing totally unrelated to anything else going on in my life, just felt like doing it.

That's a week and a half from now so everyone has plenty of time to discuss it. . .and come up with some ideas. . .I look forward to hearing opinions. . .but rest assured that it will beat my record of 4 parodies on one day set on Monday--I'm hitting a bit of writer spasm where I just feel like writing to deal with issues--well--I did that all weekend, now I will be planning all week for the biggest Below Average Dave release day in my brief AmIRight history!

Did we just have a Davanesance?  ;)

Written By: skittlesking on 09/11/07 at 7:42 pm

Did we just have a Davanesance?  ;)

I suppose we did huh?  :)  4 Evanescence song in 2 days--yeah that's a lot for me.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 09/12/07 at 6:38 am

Sounds awesome! I suggest that the one you record should be your best, and the one you put into Artistry.

Also, I'd like to hear the rest of your Artistry thus far recorded, because I plan to ge the whole lot on my playlist (I only just recently got the whole Ages stuff!).

Written By: Rex on 09/12/07 at 7:08 am

Wow, a veritable "Boulevard of Parodies"!

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/12/07 at 3:14 pm

I hope this doesn't get confused with Beyonce's recent album.  ???  ;)

Subject: Re: B-Day!!! (Green Day collides with Below Average Dave) 9/21

Written By: skittlesking on 09/17/07 at 11:33 am

I hope not either Agri--my album should be nothing like Beyonce :)

Anyhow--I've dropped ten to five (I don't like rushing parodies and some need more fine tuning. . .

That said, 2 of 5 are good to go, and two more are likely finished today--

BUT

I want to surprise with 5 recordings, NO guarantee on that, but that's my goal, one of mine AND four of parodists I record for, Suspense is waiting, hope to see lots of parodies on Friday the 21st

OH personal guarantee by me I CAN DEFINITELY KEEP

I WILL read and comment on EVERY Green Day parody posted that day . . . as I was the one that requested them, no guarantee on non-Green Day parodies (don't know how many will be posted, if it's a lot I may have my hands tied on them). . .but I am looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.

Written By: skittlesking on 09/17/07 at 11:35 am

Sounds awesome! I suggest that the one you record should be your best, and the one you put into Artistry.

Also, I'd like to hear the rest of your Artistry thus far recorded, because I plan to ge the whole lot on my playlist (I only just recently got the whole Ages stuff!).

I am going to do my best to record all Artistry, though I do have to admit some rounds may be difficult to get good backing tracks to, but my goal is to record all Artistry like I did Ages, and I plan to with Decathlon two

Subject: Re: Submit Green Day Parodies to AmIRight Today!, Tomorrow it's Here!

Written By: skittlesking on 09/20/07 at 10:29 am

Alright, tomorrow it's B-Day, yep--the Day David targets 5 Green Day songs, and some recordings. . .I'm going to be working on them all day. . wish me luck, hope to see some of you tomorrow, periodically today I will be posting updates as to how far a long I am.

3 of 5 songs are finished being written (both others are started)
0 Recordings done just yet

Good Luck to everyone!

Written By: skittlesking on 09/20/07 at 2:45 pm

1 Recording just got finished, It's a real SCREAM. . .Expect to see it tomorrow!!!!

Written By: skittlesking on 09/20/07 at 3:18 pm

Make That TWO Recordings!

Written By: Matthias on 09/20/07 at 3:29 pm

1 Recording just got finished, It's a real SCREAM. . .Expect to see it tomorrow!!!!

Heh, heh, heh  ;)

Written By: skittlesking on 09/20/07 at 4:25 pm

3 Recordings Are now complete--I want to do at least one more. . .tomorrow will be interesting.

Written By: Matthias on 09/20/07 at 5:42 pm

I plan on submitting something of my own for this special event. It seems like a party... Should I bring a desert or a side-dish?  :D

Written By: Matthias on 09/20/07 at 10:51 pm

Damn.... I tried coming up with something, but nothing really worked out....
Oh well...
If I can be a part of B-Day in writing at least... Well I don't want to give away any surprises...But you know  ;)

Written By: ProjectSisyphus on 09/20/07 at 11:11 pm

OK Dave you got it--'ll post my contribution now!

Check for new replies or respond here...