inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Submission of Original Work to AmIRight?

Written By: skittlesking on 09/20/07 at 1:08 pm

Just curious--it says comedy performance, but being that you guys are my friend I want to share my non-comedy art in the recording section too. . .should I or should I only submit my parodies?  At this time I only have 3 Original Songs I've put together, with 4 more in the works. . .AmIRight's kinda become my my favorite place to hang out. . .so I was wondering if I should post it or not. . .What do you guys think?

Subject: Re: Submission of Original Work to AmIRight?

Written By: Red Ant on 09/20/07 at 1:31 pm

Just curious--it says comedy performance, but being that you guys are my friend I want to share my non-comedy art in the recording section too. . .should I or should I only submit my parodies?  At this time I only have 3 Original Songs I've put together, with 4 more in the works. . .AmIRight's kinda become my my favorite place to hang out. . .so I was wondering if I should post it or not. . .What do you guys think?

Funny or not, I'd like to see more original recordings on AmiRight, especially by the regulars!

Congrats on becoming a Website Editor too, Dave. Make sure you look over the messageboard again - you might find a few new things...  ;)

Ant

Written By: philbo on 09/20/07 at 2:25 pm

I've just finished an original, as it happens - another uke song.  I've had a go recording a video with the digital camera, but I've not had the chance to look at it on the PC yet.  If it works, I may well try the same with a couple of Formby parodies & post 'em on YouTube...

Written By: Step-chan on 09/20/07 at 4:46 pm

I'd love to do some of my original to upload. Some of it is humor based, some of it isn't.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/21/07 at 9:10 am

I've always pitched amIright as a music humor site, but if people want a "Serious side" of amIright type of section, maybe I could set up a separate recordings section for that.

Written By: philbo on 09/21/07 at 3:46 pm

I've had a go recording a video with the digital camera, but I've not had the chance to look at it on the PC yet.  If it works, I may well try the same with a couple of Formby parodies & post 'em on YouTube...

I think I could probably do a better recording, but I've posted this one anyway:

It's Small

Enjoy :)

Written By: skittlesking on 09/22/07 at 1:20 pm

I've always pitched amIright as a music humor site, but if people want a "Serious side" of amIright type of section, maybe I could set up a separate recordings section for that.

I think that'd be cool myself, but that's up to you. . .I mean, it can even go on the bottom of the page or something, but I would like to see original works by our regulars too--we are kinda like a family you know?

Check for new replies or respond here...