inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Calling All Boobs Fans!

Written By: Spaff.com on 09/23/07 at 6:58 pm

OK, I know I haven't earned any favors since I suck so much at commenting (among other things). But if you DON'T think I'm a total bassssstard, please consider this:

The theme of Dr. Demento's Oct 14th show (three weeks from tonight) is Body Parts. I personally know of no better body parts than boobs. Seriously. None.

So I'm hereby suggesting/asking/shamelessly begging you all: Request "99 Words for Boobs" for that show. You can do so via this request form:
www.clamhead.com/drd.php

Right now, "Boobs" is sitting at #7 in Dr. D.'s Funny 25 for the year. Another solid showing and it could squeeze into the year's top five, which is uncharted territory for a Robert Lund song. And that would give me the kind of temporary euphoria you typically can't find without chemicals.

But don't do it for me. Do it for the hooters!

xoxox
Spaff

P.S. If you have no idea WTF "99 Words for Boobs" is, go here for the lyrics, a play/download link, and a bonus photo of a nice pair of boobies:
http://www.spaff.com/poesy/boobs.html

Subject: Re: Calling All Boobs Fans!

Written By: John Jenkins on 09/24/07 at 11:24 pm

Done.  Good luck, Spaff.

Written By: Red Ant on 09/24/07 at 11:33 pm

That was pretty painless: no having to sign up or anything...

Anywho, I included in the description "A masterpiece of mammaries".

You can return the favor by clicking my sig line and letting me know what you think.  ;)

Ant

Written By: Spaff.com on 09/26/07 at 12:12 am

Why, thank you, John. If "99 Words for Boobs" makes millions, I promise to share them with you. The millions, that is. Or the boobs. Take your pick.

As for you, Red Ant:

You can return the favor by clicking my sig line and letting me know what you think.  ;)

Ant

I'm always hesitant to click your links for fear of ending up here, but I had to risk it this time. Lovely, man. Perfect title sub. And the FX, sound bytes, and, well, *everything* brought tears to my eyes. In a good way. Plus I finally understand your screen name: Red is for Robert and Ant is for Plant. Amiright?

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/26/07 at 12:53 am

I did my civic duty and requested it too (even though I don't think the show plays on stations around here that I'm aware of.)

Good Luck!

Written By: Red Ant on 09/26/07 at 1:27 am

As for you, Red Ant:

I'm always hesitant to click your links for fear of ending up here, but I had to risk it this time. Lovely, man. Perfect title sub. And the FX, sound bytes, and, well, *everything* brought tears to my eyes. In a good way. Plus I finally understand your screen name: Red is for Robert and Ant is for Plant. Amiright?

xoxox
Spaff

Thanks, Spaff, much appreciated. Ixnay on the amenay - I wish my vocals could have been a lot better (no doubt you felt the same), but, alas, they are what they are.

Are you admitting that you got Rick-rolled with my previous signature?  ;D

(nice try  ;))

Ant

Written By: philbo on 09/26/07 at 10:27 am

:D

^I'm sure there's a better smiley to use, but I'm also sure I'd better not use it ;)

Written By: Spaff.com on 09/27/07 at 10:46 pm

Thank you, Philbo (presumably) and Bookmistress (definitely)!

Are you admitting that you got Rick-rolled with my previous signature?  ;D
Ant

First time. First of many, I'm sure.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Spaff.com on 10/13/07 at 5:50 pm

Big thank yous to John, Jack, Bookmistress, Philbo, and anyone else who requested "99 Words for Boobs." It's #1 on this weekend's Dr. Demento Show!

Here's the playlist: http://dmdb.org/cgi-bin/plinfo.pl?drd07.1014.html
And here's where you can listen to the show: http://dmdb.org/stations.html

You guys rule. Thanks again.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Jack Wilson on 10/13/07 at 8:55 pm

And I-i-i-iiiiiiiii'm callin' you  boobs faaaaaaans

And I--i-i-i-i-iii'm callin' all the boobs fans

Couldnt resisit
;)

And congrats on tit err THAT being the number one on Dr, Demento!

Written By: Spaff.com on 10/14/07 at 5:00 pm

Hey, Jackie. That's one Train I'm always happy to ride.

xoxox
Spaff

Check for new replies or respond here...