inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: May I have your feedback, please

Written By: philbo on 10/10/07 at 5:20 pm

I've done a bit more playing with my amiright author page: http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/philalexander.shtml

...trying to get a bit more content without making the screen too unwieldy.

Using Chucky's suggestion of an iframe (in-line frame) to load external documents, there are four links at the bottom of the TV screen: does this work for you guys?

For some reason, thought, IE seems to miss the right bit of the TV graphic... not sure if that's just my PC.  Looks OK to me in Opera/Firefox

Anyway, what do y'all reckon?

Subject: Re: May I have your feedback, please

Written By: Red Ant on 10/10/07 at 6:22 pm

The links work, though you might go with a different color scheme: blue text on a black background is a bit hard on the eyes.

And yes, IE is chopping off the right side of your TV graphic.

Looks good so far, though, if possible, you might want to resize your Sounclick account page to make it a full picture so that it doesn't leave a huge white field to its right.

Ant

Written By: wildcard on 10/10/07 at 8:32 pm

with me it's not a problem to have the blue on a black background.  I can probably suggest some colors for certain looks if you want them.

Written By: skittlesking on 10/10/07 at 9:15 pm

I like the TV graphic, but why do you have your Soundclick player so small. . .I can't see the names of the songs (of course I posted mine the full size back when they started allowing embedding, love that feature).  ..There's a lot of blank space in that TV, but good look.

Written By: philbo on 10/11/07 at 3:57 am

Thanks...

The reason the soundclick player is so small is that when I first generated the embedded code, I wanted it as small as possible; I haven't re-done the code.  I'd kind of like to make it centred as well...

I'll probably do some kind of "channel-changer" buttons rather than simple links, when I have the time.  Making pretty graphics takes longer than everything else put together, it seems (though the television graphic is a real screen, surprisingly enough)

Written By: skittlesking on 10/11/07 at 3:59 am

Oh. . .ok  :)

I'm odd. . .I like everything big. . .well almost everything. . .anyway, cool graphic though.

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/11/07 at 9:40 am

Nice stuff. That box embedding the Soundclick player is too huge, though.

Written By: karen on 10/11/07 at 10:10 am

I wasn't expecting the music! Good job I'm not at work any more - the song playing was BJ!

Written By: philbo on 10/12/07 at 7:44 am

Have to admit that I changed the embedded soundclick player to auto-play when I realized how many people were hitting the author page - as a result the A-S-S-H-O-L-E hasn't left the soundclick top 50...

I've tweaked it a little.  Can't seem to get the player to align centred... could be that it's using the amiright stylesheet and I need to define my own style... but I haven't had the time for that sort of playing around.

Written By: skittlesking on 10/12/07 at 6:18 pm

Have to admit that I changed the embedded soundclick player to auto-play when I realized how many people were hitting the author page - as a result the A-S-S-H-O-L-E hasn't left the soundclick top 50...

I've tweaked it a little.  Can't seem to get the player to align centred... could be that it's using the amiright stylesheet and I need to define my own style... but I haven't had the time for that sort of playing around.

That's the first thing I did when they allowed embed, I started posting that thing everywhere, first place was here on AmIRight--I love that and it counts towards your hits, you and I are up and down over there back and forth--just that little embed thing on my author page. . .I think "Brainless on This Write" is the one on their right now, but it's always changing.  I even use it on the badave.com pages for authors now when they submit their music so people don't have to leave the page and can follow along to the lyrics as it plays., I love that feature, and it's increased my website traffics, and listens too.

Written By: Spaff.com on 10/13/07 at 5:44 pm

Hey, Philbo.

Just letting you know your embedded Soundclick player works on my Safari browser. The text and images don't perfectly align, but it's all legible and functional.

Sorry if I missed this discussion, but how do you go about editing your author page without having to harass Chucky? And I see that you've got a "Recordings" section on your author page in addition to your "Lyrics" listing. Cool. What's the secret to adding that?

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: philbo on 10/13/07 at 6:12 pm

The recordings bit is Chucky rather than me: I guess the reason yours haven't turned up on your authors page is that your recordings aren't with exactly the same name (i.e. Spaff + Robert Lunt != Spaff)

You edit your bio page here: http://www.amiright.com/parody/parodyAuthorBio.php

Written By: skittlesking on 10/13/07 at 7:11 pm

Hey, Philbo.

Just letting you know your embedded Soundclick player works on my Safari browser. The text and images don't perfectly align, but it's all legible and functional.

Sorry if I missed this discussion, but how do you go about editing your author page without having to harass Chucky? And I see that you've got a "Recordings" section on your author page in addition to your "Lyrics" listing. Cool. What's the secret to adding that?

xoxox
Spaff

Spaff.com, as the editor of that section, if you'd like I change yours to say "Spaff.com" and add the Robert Lund part to the description. . .that would put it under your name

Written By: Spaff.com on 10/14/07 at 4:57 pm

Philbo: Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Dave: Yes, please. That would be cool. Thanks!

xoxox
Spaff

Check for new replies or respond here...