inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Yay! It had to happen eventually

Written By: philbo on 10/16/07 at 9:29 am

But that it happened on this parody (just after Stu's wonderful comment) is simply poetic:

Subject: Re: Yay! It had to happen eventually

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 10/16/07 at 5:57 pm

that is VERY spooky Phil!  What's more, my security code came up as GIS (which clearly stands for "God Is, Seriously")

And imagine how this story of your 666-code would appear in 2000 years time, after interested religious parties have been refeeding it and refeeding it through the exaggeration machine and through the embellishment machine - it might even give the Lucifer banishment story and the loaves and fishes stories a run for their money :o

Written By: skittlesking on 10/16/07 at 6:06 pm

Well mine was GX5 which means. . . absolutely nothing..  . . ::)  Just my luck, guess I didn't say enough.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/16/07 at 6:26 pm

that is VERY spooky Phil!  What's more, my security code came up as GIS (which clearly stands for "God Is, Seriously")

And imagine how this story of your 666-code would appear in 2000 years time, after interested religious parties have been refeeding it and refeeding it through the exaggeration machine and through the embellishment machine - it might even give the Lucifer banishment story and the loaves and fishes stories a run for their money :o

A good thing somebody mentioned what it says, because I couldn't get the attachment to open...

666, I remember getting something related to the parody I was voting and commenting before on the security password.

Written By: wildcard on 10/16/07 at 8:09 pm

But that it happened on this parody (just after Stu's wonderful comment) is simply poetic:

Thats awesome!  I've had things happin to me at certain times.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 10/16/07 at 9:40 pm

and now Pope John Paul II has made a reappearance in flames - there's signs everywhere

although Monty Python might suggest the "666" was the work of a very naughty amiright editor (if not Phil himself ;))

Written By: Red Ant on 10/16/07 at 10:13 pm

Yeah, but the first time "GOD" pops up as a security code, it will be irrefutable proof that He exists... and is talking to that person, who will go on to become a televangelist who eventually gets busted for soliciting for gay sex in a Wal-Mart bathroom as well as tax fraud. Dan Brown's grandson will write a book about it called "Unconvincing Choad: The Last Sheets Unravelled".

Ant

Written By: philbo on 10/17/07 at 5:44 am

although Monty Python might suggest the "666" was the work of a very naughty amiright editor (if not Phil himself ;))

<sniff>

Yeah, but the first time "GOD" pops up as a security code, it will be irrefutable proof that He exists... and is talking to that person, who will go on to become a televangelist who eventually gets busted for soliciting for gay sex in a Wal-Mart bathroom as well as tax fraud. Dan Brown's grandson will write a book about it called "Unconvincing Choad: The Last Sheets Unravelled".

Ant

But what happens if when "GOD" appears as a captcha, the next two are "GAY" and "SEX"?

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 10/17/07 at 7:16 am

<sniff>

well forgive me, but I did calculate the odds at 46656 to 1 ???

Written By: philbo on 10/17/07 at 9:09 am

well forgive me, but I did calculate the odds at 46656 to 1 ???

Shouldn't that be 46655:1 against?  (He says, nitpicking)

Given the number of comments left, I wouldn't be surprised if we've been through half the possible permutations already, so it's not surprising  666 came up at some point.  All we need now is for 999 to turn up on a parody about the police (or 911 for the US cops, I guess)

Written By: EthanM on 10/21/07 at 10:57 am

I spent 6 dollars and 66 cents at the supermarket yesterday buying bananas, pre-made salad, milk, and orange juice. Does that mean Satan supports balanced eating?

Check for new replies or respond here...