inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Plagiarized parody?

Written By: John Jenkins on 10/29/07 at 8:17 am

It's not actually plagiarized.  It appears to be properly attributed, but Rachel submitted an excellent parody titled “Jerusalem” today, which she acknowledges is from the parody musical west bank story.  According to Wikipedia, West Bank Story is an Academy Award-winning comedy/musical short film, directed by Ari Sandel and co-written by Sandel and Kim Ray.  West Bank Story sounds like something that I would like to see; but, if the Rays wrote it, I don’t think someone else should be submitting its songs to AmIRight.

Subject: Re: Plagiarized parody?

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/29/07 at 11:12 am

It's not actually plagiarized.  It appears to be properly attributed, but Rachel submitted an excellent parody titled “Jerusalem” today, which she acknowledges is from the parody musical west bank story.  According to Wikipedia, West Bank Story is an Academy Award-winning comedy/musical short film, directed by Ari Sandel and co-written by Sandel and Kim Ray.  West Bank Story sounds like something that I would like to see; but, if the Rays wrote it, I don’t think someone else should be submitting its songs to AmIRight.

correct.  post the URL and it will be removed

Written By: John Jenkins on 10/29/07 at 8:33 pm

correct.  post the URL and it will be removed

http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/westsidestorycast2.shtml

Written By: John Jenkins on 12/24/07 at 6:19 pm

Rachel re-submitted "Jerusalem."

Again, this appears to be a very good song parody, but it was written by someone else.

http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/westsidestorycast3.shtml

Check for new replies or respond here...