inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Video of Rick Cormier at the Comedy Studio on October 24, 2007

Written By: Rick Cormier on 11/01/07 at 5:13 am

The Comedy Studio in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA is one of the most prestigious comedy clubs in America. I finally got a spot there but, as it turned out, it was on the same night as game 1 of the World Series and the Boston Red Sox were in it.

There were only about 15 people in the club but, I tried to do my set as if it were a packed house, because it was the first time I was being filmed. Other than the joke about the Red Sox and the poor closing, most of my jokes worked. It is something to learn from.

The owner is worried about copyright violations so, he doesn't usually allow parody performances there. Knowing this in advance, I only did jokes for this 6.5 minute set.

You can see it here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/videos.cfm?bandID=322836

Rick

Subject: Re: Video of Rick Cormier at the Comedy Studio on October 24, 2007

Written By: danootaandme on 11/01/07 at 5:56 am

Tough luck about the Red Sox stealing your thunder, maybe you can work it into the routine. Needs work on the delivery, but I was laughing.  ;D

Written By: jreuben on 11/01/07 at 8:12 am

I was just going to ask you how that went...can't wait to watch!

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 11/01/07 at 1:22 pm

Well done, you brave fothermucker! 15 people; that's gotta be tough, dude. I can see your stand-up style isn't a hundred miles away from your parody writing style...risque and raucous. I could NEVER do what you've just done, so kudos big time. Loved the housekeeper and pedestal jokes, and yeah, the Red Sox joke kinda crashed....but keep goin' brother!

Written By: Rick Cormier on 11/02/07 at 2:20 pm

Well done, you brave fothermucker! 15 people; that's gotta be tough, dude. I can see your stand-up style isn't a hundred miles away from your parody writing style...risque and raucous. I could NEVER do what you've just done, so kudos big time. Loved the housekeeper and pedestal jokes, and yeah, the Red Sox joke kinda crashed....but keep goin' brother!
The Red Sox joke was new and, it being the first night of the World Series, I thought it would be timely so, I wanted to try it out.

I have decided to start writing parodies again. Actually, I've never really stopped, just slowed down quite a bit. I will be submitting some again, probably next week. I will also devote more time to reading, voting and commenting on the works of the rest of you fine folks here.

I have missed this place.

:-)

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 11/02/07 at 6:10 pm

The Red Sox joke was new and, it being the first night of the World Series, I thought it would be timely so, I wanted to try it out.

I have decided to start writing parodies again. Actually, I've never really stopped, just slowed down quite a bit. I will be submitting some again, probably next week. I will also devote more time to reading, voting and commenting on the works of the rest of you fine folks here.

I have missed this place.

:-)

Halle-freakin-Berry-lujah! We've missed you too, Rickster....

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/03/07 at 12:47 am

I usually never enter this section of inthe00s, but I'm glad I did. That was really funny Rick. you had me at joke #2, "last time you were in a woman"  ;D. I had to rewind and hear that one again.  Your routine cracked me up. well done. 

Check for new replies or respond here...