inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dollar sign in parody submission

Written By: John Jenkins on 11/14/07 at 11:41 pm

I tried to show dollars in the introductory comments of my parody submission yesterday, but what I wrote as $3.3 million showed up as .3 million on the preview.  I adjusted it to 3.3 million dollars, but how do you get the $ and the following character to appear?

Subject: Re: Dollar sign in parody submission

Written By: Red Ant on 11/15/07 at 12:13 am

Good question, John. I was thinking this was perhaps another Microsoft Word problem, but it isn't. Perhaps the US dollar has devalued to the point where the symbol is meaningless now.  :D

I looked to see if there was an entity for the $, but there is not.

:-\\

Ant

Written By: John Jenkins on 11/15/07 at 6:44 am

Good question, John. I was thinking this was perhaps another Microsoft Word problem, but it isn't. Perhaps the US dollar has devalued to the point where the symbol is meaningless now.  :D

... so you're thinking the solution is to get Alan Greenspan back as Fed Chairman?

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/15/07 at 10:49 am

I tried to show dollars in the introductory comments of my parody submission yesterday, but what I wrote as $3.3 million showed up as .3 million on the preview.  I adjusted it to 3.3 million dollars, but how do you get the $ and the following character to appear?

I did a test submission, and it goes in ok with the dollar sign in all the fields, it's just the preview that's broken.  I'll fix the preview function.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/15/07 at 10:58 am

and now it's fixed!

simple mistake on my part, used the wrong kind of string replace in a template.

Written By: John Jenkins on 11/15/07 at 4:43 pm

and now it's fixed!

Thank you very much, Chucky.  You are the man!

Check for new replies or respond here...