inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: LOOKING FOR A SONG PARODY

Written By: ckg on 12/11/07 at 11:37 pm

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A SONG THAT WAS ORIGINALLY SUNG BY JOHNNY CASH "IVE BEEN EVERYWHERE" THE PARODY IS "I'VE SEEN PUBIC HAIRS"  THE FIRST TIME WE HEARD THIS SONG WAS IN A BAR CALLED THE"BIRDHOUSE" IN ALASKA, BUT THEY BURNT DOWN BEFORE WE COULD BUY THE SONG.  DOES ANYONE KNOW /HEARD OF THIS SONG?  IF SO I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL INFO YOU COULD GIVE .  I AM ALSO LOONG FOR A PARODY TITLED "STROKIN" .  I HAVE NOW IDEA WHO THE ORIGINAL ARTIST OR TITLE IS.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT :-*

Subject: Re: LOOKING FOR A SONG PARODY

Written By: tomario on 12/12/07 at 5:02 am

Is it this one  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGvAzsQ2cGE

Written By: malibumike65 on 12/25/07 at 10:40 pm

<a href="http://www.robrob8.com/rude_and_crude/pubic_hair.htm">I've Seen Pubic Hair</a>

Here is a link to the original tune from McLean and McLean. It should start playing automatically within 5 seconds after clicking the link. They were two brothers out of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia who had a comedy act in the 70s and 80s. Unfortunately, one of the brothers passed away a few years back, but I got to attend one of their concerts, touring with Burton Cummings in 88. Very funny stuff. (despite what the website says, the brothers names are Gary and BLAIR McLean, not Bill. Also I think Strokin was done by Clarence Carter.)

Written By: whistledog on 12/25/07 at 11:49 pm

^ Hey, welcome back Mike :)

Written By: nally on 12/26/07 at 12:23 am

ditto...nice to see ya again, Mike O0

Written By: malibumike65 on 12/26/07 at 12:32 am

^ Hey, welcome back Mike :)

Thank you Brother Canuck. Glad to be back. Gotta keep the world informed about America's rockin neighbor to the north.lol The US may have imported Neil Young, Paul Anka, Denny Doherty, David Foster, Leonard Cohen and others, but we kept some great ones back home. Gordon Lightfoot, Burton Cummings, Randy Bachman, Trooper, Prism, Streetheart, Toronto, Payolas, Loverboy, Anne Murray,  Stompin Tom Connors, and more, while maybe getting some airplay down south, stayed here for most of their careers.

Happy Holidays whistledog. U2 nally. Good to see you too  :)

Written By: whistledog on 12/26/07 at 12:46 am

Thank you Brother Canuck. Glad to be back. Gotta keep the world informed about America's rockin neighbor to the north.lol The US may have imported Neil Young, Paul Anka, Denny Doherty, David Foster, Leonard Cohen and others, but we kept some great ones back home. Gordon Lightfoot, Burton Cummings, Randy Bachman, Trooper, Prism, Streetheart, Toronto, Payolas, Loverboy, Anne Murray,  Stompin Tom Connors, and more, while maybe getting some airplay down south, stayed here for most of their careers.

Happy Holidays whistledog. U2 nally. Good to see you too  :)

Ah Streetheart, the group which led to Loverboy 8)

Happy Holidays to you too Mike :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/04/11 at 4:00 am

Yup, you were after MacLean and MacLean.

w_m3vU6P68U

The Kings of Canadian parodic comedy - Gary (RIP 2001) and Blair (RIP 2008) - are dead; long live MacLean and MacLean, and happy Belated Canada Day!

Check for new replies or respond here...