inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Years Eve Top 100 Parody and Parodist Countdown

Written By: skittlesking on 12/29/07 at 7:23 pm

On New Years Eve I will be doing a LIVE broadcast that will be visible from Badave.com on the official station page located at
http://www.badave.com/stations/official.php

The Countdown will begin at Approximately 1pm Eastern Standard Time (That's Noon Central) and will feature the following

The top 100 most popular recordings of 2007 based on hits at badave.com (if you don't have any recordings posted there, then please get listed so you are eligible for this new nightly live station that will feature a daily top 10 based on parody page unique hits--a TRL of parodies hosted by yours truly if you will)

The top 100 most active AmIRight parodists for 2007 based on total parodies posted during 2007, with the tie-breaker being overall parodies posted all time.

The top 100 parodists will be announced live as well throughout the broadcast prior to each song and the list will not be posted anywhere else until AFTER the New Year begins.

I will start doing nightly live broadcasts (though in honesty not every night, I just can't physically guarantee such a promise) from 11pm to midnight Eastern Standard Time of the daily top 10 parodies based on unique hits that day (which means I delete all data each night for daily stats, so you can give a unique hit once per day, subsequent hits will not count, but will not penalize the original vote either). . .this show--like the billboard radio show, will also take requests via email or live chat which will be enabled soon

Through both the website and the company streaming it live for me, a live interactive system will be in place on the 31st to allow you to give shout outs DURING THE BROADCAST live from me. . .and to say Happy New Year among other things

Bring in 2008 with some laughs, some cries, and maybe a few cringes with Below Average Dave's Year of Parody in review, The Top 100 Parodists and Recordings of 2007 on December 31st from 1pm to appx 11pm!

Subject: Re: New Years Eve Top 100 Parody and Parodist Countdown

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 12/29/07 at 9:29 pm

:o

you are amazing, Dave! Where do you get your energy?

bravo!

Written By: skittlesking on 12/29/07 at 9:59 pm

:o

you are amazing, Dave! Where do you get your energy?

bravo!

Thanks Stu:)  It's a mix of Red Bull, Pepsi, and. . .me

Written By: jreuben on 12/30/07 at 2:33 pm

Dave,

You're missing an l at the beginning of your 2nd URL.  Also, there's an extra l at the end of the first url (phpl).  Coincidence?

I'll be listening  :)

On New Years Eve I will be doing a LIVE broadcast that will be visible from Badave.com on the official station page located at
http://www.badave.com/stations/official.php

The Countdown will begin at Approximately 1pm Eastern Standard Time (That's Noon Central) and will feature the following

The top 100 most popular recordings of 2007 based on hits at badave.com (if you don't have any recordings posted there, then please get listed so you are eligible for this new nightly live station that will feature a daily top 10 based on parody page unique hits--a TRL of parodies hosted by yours truly if you will)

The top 100 most active AmIRight parodists for 2007 based on total parodies posted during 2007, with the tie-breaker being overall parodies posted all time.

The top 100 parodists will be announced live as well throughout the broadcast prior to each song and the list will not be posted anywhere else until AFTER the New Year begins.

I will start doing nightly live broadcasts (though in honesty not every night, I just can't physically guarantee such a promise) from 11pm to midnight Eastern Standard Time of the daily top 10 parodies based on unique hits that day (which means I delete all data each night for daily stats, so you can give a unique hit once per day, subsequent hits will not count, but will not penalize the original vote either). . .this show--like the billboard radio show, will also take requests via email or live chat which will be enabled soon

Through both the website and the company streaming it live for me, a live interactive system will be in place on the 31st to allow you to give shout outs DURING THE BROADCAST live from me. . .and to say Happy New Year among other things

Bring in 2008 with some laughs, some cries, and maybe a few cringes with Below Average Dave's Year of Parody in review, The Top 100 Parodists and Recordings of 2007 on December 31st from 1pm to appx 11pm!

Written By: skittlesking on 12/30/07 at 6:56 pm

Thanks Jeff, don't know how I did that really, but yes I think it was a coincidince:)

Written By: skittlesking on 12/30/07 at 7:26 pm

Figured I should mention the YTD charts at badave DO NOT reflect the actual standings (they include the first two months before Unique Hits were kept)

That said, There is no telling what songs will rank were, many of the top 27 remotely, and most of the top Below Average Dave songs have several hits that don't count. . .the first two months will be reduced by the number of repeat IP addies which will totally re-arrange the list especially for those songs towards the bottom of the charts.. .it will be interesting.

Written By: skittlesking on 12/31/07 at 11:24 am

I'm now live, though the official show doesn't start for another 36 minutes (I'm playing random parodies and remixes until then)

Written By: skittlesking on 12/31/07 at 11:53 am

7 Minutes to go before the countdown begins. . .I will check my PM during songs here on AmIRight. . .In for the long haul.

Written By: skittlesking on 12/31/07 at 9:19 pm

I will recap it later--like probably tomorrow  :o

Special thanks to everyone who tuned in, all 52 of you!  It confirms that the Monday-Friday daily top 10 at 11pm is a good idea.

Special congrats to John A Barry, his 360 parodies was easily the most parodies by any one parodist of the year!

Written By: Laurie on 12/31/07 at 10:05 pm

Hey Dave-

Glad i tuned in.  I enjoyed it and it was fun chatting with you and Jeff.

Happy New Year.

Laurie

Written By: philbo on 01/04/08 at 6:03 am

Thanks Stu:)  It's a mix of Red Bull, Pepsi, and. . .me

Well, he's broadcasting songs, parody pioneer
The hundred most popular of the last year
And you ask from where does Dave get his energy?
Well, it's sugar and caffeine from Red Bull and Pepsi and ...me

Hmm... needs work, methinks :)

Check for new replies or respond here...