inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Step-chan's Parody Resolutions!(Stephen Harrington)

Written By: Step-chan on 01/01/08 at 11:12 am

I've been behind on parody writing severely... I have so many ideas that I want to get wrote, but lately I've been getting side tracked or ended up not being in the mood for it. Here is a bunch of songs that I want write/Finish in the near future.

1. Electric Avenue- This is from the All hour Parody Request Hour, I have the idea for it and have saved two lines I did for it so far. I did get a CD that had the song, but the song was speeding up and skipping too often for me to do it. Now I have no choice but to do it online through youtube, having to sing it in my head is very difficult for me to do. This is at the top of the priority list.

2. I Just Want, Bang Bang Bang- Had an idea for this song for a short while now. Not as worried about getting it done, but I still have to do it online, so the sooner the better, as long as it is a quality parody.

3. Rap Song(Homestar Runner's site)- A recent idea for this short rap song came up around Christmas time. It's an idea I really like, I'll have to do it online as well, so I would like to do it soon.

Here are some other songs that I have ideas for as well, some I will get the CDs for if I don't have them... Others I may have to do online.

4. Waiting On The Sun by Sixpence None The Richer- Have had an idea for this for awhile, I do have a vid of this saved, but I would rather get the CD that has it.

5. We Be Burnin' by Sean Paul- Another one which I have had an idea for, had the idea for a very long time. Might do this one online... I'm not a rap fan and I don't know if I want to buy the CD just to do a parody to it(a way to save money in the long run).

6. Rip Off The Wings Of A Butterfly by HIM- Had a loose idea for this one for a while now, will get the CD to do the parody.

7. Barbie Girl by Aqua- Will do this one online, I am not about to buy the CD with song. I bet a few people on here can guess the idea I have for it.

8. Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson- I have two ideas for this one(one for amiright and one for adult parody site), I did have the CD for it but sold it. Will do it online.

9. Mexican Radio by Wall Of Voodoo- Have an idea for it that I really want to do, I am going to try and find a CD of it, but will do it online if I can't.

10. Aeroplane by Red Hot Chili Peppers- Am not in as much of hurry to do this one, but I have a good idea for it. May do it online or get the CD, haven't decided yet.

Nirvana songs I have ideas for:

Opinions
Stain
Clean Up Before She Comes
Beeswax
In Bloom
Hairspray Queen
Vendettagainst(Help Me I'm Hungry)
Milk It
Scentless Apprentice
Sappy
Old Age
Token Eastern Song

I also have plans to do the entire Nirvana album Bleach in one theme.

Alice In Chains songs I have ideas for:

Would?
Angry Chair
Down In A Hole
Sickman

I also have a dirty idea for Patti Smith's Rock N Roll ******, which will... of course be put on the adult parody site.

Sorry for putting up a thread that a few others have done, I just felt the need to get it off my chest. ;)

Subject: Re: Step-chan's Parody Resolutions!(Stephen Harrington)

Written By: skittlesking on 01/01/08 at 11:20 am

It does appear I started a trend  :)

Written By: wildcard on 01/01/08 at 12:06 pm

I still need to find out where my mood went.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/07/08 at 3:07 pm

I still need to find out where my mood went.

My mood comes and goes... sometimes I'm in the mood and then I end up with a headache or something like that.

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/07/08 at 3:49 pm

My mood comes and goes... sometimes I'm in the mood and then I end up with a headache or something like that.

Seriously, if it wasn't for the contests, I would not have the output that I do/have done. Maybe participating in them more often, with all of their inherent deadlines, will give you that incentive to do more. Not only that, but it lets you see what other authors do, and broadens your musical horizons. I've seen a few parody authors improve their overall talent just by participating.

(I would admit, my personal resolution would probably be to try and tackle some more of the Big 7 or 40, or whatever number is being bandied about as "the badges of excellence")

Written By: Step-chan on 01/07/08 at 4:56 pm

Seriously, if it wasn't for the contests, I would not have the output that I do/have done. Maybe participating in them more often, with all of their inherent deadlines, will give you that incentive to do more. Not only that, but it lets you see what other authors do, and broadens your musical horizons. I've seen a few parody authors improve their overall talent just by participating.

(I would admit, my personal resolution would probably be to try and tackle some more of the Big 7 or 40, or whatever number is being bandied about as "the badges of excellence")

No one has got on me about the Electric Avenue one... Although Jack Wilson(I think it was him who started that one) was vague when he said everyone.

The bad thing is I have to do it online, due to the CD being messed up when I got it from the library. If I had a good CD of it, it would have already been submitted not too long ago.

I am not good at singing in my head, which I think is abit of a de-motivator for me, I'd rather use a CD. In 2005-2006, I was submitting at least a few parodies each month. I had my apartment to myself until April of last year... After I lost my privacy, my mood for doing parodies weakened. This is due to my moderate level of shyness, I find it alot harder to focus on thinking, writing and creating when others are around. This is why I haven't done but 2 lines of it.

Edit: Took another look at your post... I already have plenty to do that it would be better to wait until I actually get some of them done before trying anymore contests. I tend to have the odd luck of getting songs I don't have or even know, so that's another reason why I don't enter contests very often(well, if I had my privacy back, doing it online wouldn't be a problem, now that I think of it).

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/07/08 at 5:02 pm

I find it alot harder to focus on thinking, writing and creating when others are around. This is why I haven't done but 2 lines of it.

I hear ya. I write most of my material in the commute on the subway, where although you are not literally alone, you are definitely ALONE.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/07/08 at 5:06 pm

I hear ya. I write most of my material in the commute on the subway, where although you are not literally alone, you are definitely ALONE.

I just added more to my post, doing it online would be easy if I had my apartment back down to one occupant.

Check for new replies or respond here...