inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Badave Project Thread, Updated 3/18/2008

Written By: skittlesking on 03/15/08 at 4:24 pm

I've changed up this thread to reflect ongoing badave projects. . .

Currently Entering old contests into database
Fine tuning badave.com, spell checking sections

Current Recording Collaborations Planned (Keep in mind, I only plan a few at a time as to not get too far ahead of myself)
1. Matriomonay by Kristof Robertson
2. Damn Kitten by Matthias
3. Pee Pee in a Bottle by Jeff Reuben
4. Crappy Senior Prom by Jack Wilson
**If you have a song you'd really like recorded, I will consider it if either I have a backing track permitted to me-or if one is available and you choose to donate to the backing track fund**

Current Personal Recordings Planned for the Near Future
1. I Am Very Envious of Stuff That's Rather Worthless
2. Wife's Secret Tale Remastered & Complete
3. Full of Himself Rhapsody
4. Curbside Prophet
5. Bowl It

Currently Searching for Backing Tracks (HELP IF YOU CAN :) )
1. Priority by Green Day
2. Welcome to Paradise by Green Day
3. Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order

Currently Planned Written Projects
1. AmIRight Challenge Parody
2. Artistry "Fleetwood Mac" Parody
3. Remaining Epic 40 Parodies (34 Songs)
4. This Ain't A Scene, It's an Arms Race by Fall Out Boy
5. Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler
6. Super Freak by Rick James
7. A Whole New World from the Aladdin Soundtrack
8. Pop by *NSync
9. Yeah by Usher
10. She Bangs by Ricky Martin
11. Mambo No 5 by Lou Bega
12. Perfect by Simple Plan
13. Firestarter by Prodigy

Recently Completed Recordings
1. Broken 3/17/08
2. Bluberina 3/3/08
3. Every Sunday 2/25/08
4. Smelt You on the Bus Line 2/25/08
5. Humidity 2/18/08
6. Weenie on a Hot Bun 2/18/08
7. Dime in My Wife 2/14/08
8. Chubilicious 2/11/08
9. Shake it Up, or It Will Taste Bland 2/4/08
10. My Cell Phone Was Out of Minutes 1/28/08

Recently Completed Written Projects
1. Magic Man written to Candy Man 3/10/08
2. Moo Moo written to Doo Doo 3/7/08
3. Broken 3/3/08
4. Crazy Love for Splinters 2/21/08
5. Dime in My Wife 2/12/08
6. Gothic Tension 2/11/08
7. Subliminal Danger 2/8/08
8. Shake It Up, Or It Will Taste Bland 2/4/08
9. Churnalicious 2/4/08
10. Rough Stuff 2/1/08

Recently Completed Collabs
This Section Will be Continued when I complete another Collab. . .the others aren't very recent in my opinion

Recent Radio Airtime Earned by Charts
1. 89.5 FM Chicago Played "My Cell Phone Was Out of Minute" and "Don't Touch My Mohawk" on Community Central--which aired 3/18/2008 between 10am and 4pm
2. Mad Music Comedy Zone (3/15/2008)
    Mix Two Chemicals Was played, voted as "Dementia Song of the Week"
3. 89.5 FM Chicago Played "My Cell Phone Was Out of Minutes" on  Darlene and Navraaz--which aired 3/15/2008 between 2 and 6 PM
4. Mad Music Demented Top 20 (3/14/2008)
  Dime in My Wife Was played, Voted as the 5th Place Song for the week
  Mix Two Chemicals Was played, Voted as the 13th Place Song for the Week
5. 89.5 FM Chicago Played "My Cell Phone Was Out of Minutes" on Live Feed--which aired 3/11/2008 between 4pm and 8pm
6. Mad Music Comedy Zone (3/08/2008)
  Mix Two Chemicals Was played, Voted as "Dementia Song of the Week"
  My Cell Phone Was Out of Minutes was played as a "New Stroke"
7. Mad Music Demented Top 20 (3/07/2008)
  Mix Two Chemicals Was played, Voted as the 5th Place Song for the Week
  Crazy for Chips Was played, Voted as the 19th Place Song for the Week
8. 89.5 FM Chicago Played "My Cell Phone Was Out of Minutes" on  Tom and Navraaz--which aired 3/7/2008 between 4pm and 10pm
9. 89.5 FM Chicago Played "My Cell Phone Was Out of Minutes" on  Darlene and Steve--which aired 2/27/2008 between 10am and 4pm
10. 89.5 FM Chicago Played "My Cell Phone Was Out of Minutes" on  Jesse and Luis--which aired 2/26/2008 between 4pm and 10pm

Subject: Re: Badave Project Thread, Restarted on 3/15/2008

Written By: Jack Wilson on 03/15/08 at 4:33 pm

Crappy Senior Prom? Pretty Young For An Old Guy? Shopping Trip ( We Gonna Shop Down To)? Boiled As Grub? Coked up the Reindeer? Halloween?

Written By: skittlesking on 03/15/08 at 4:45 pm

Crappy Senior Prom? Pretty Young For An Old Guy? Shopping Trip ( We Gonna Shop Down To)? Boiled As Grub? Coked up the Reindeer? Halloween?

I've added one of those to my list (I have that track, and I know from reading it that it paces)

Written By: Jack Wilson on 03/15/08 at 5:49 pm

I've added one of those to my list (I have that track, and I know from reading it that it paces)
Awesome

Subject: Re: Badave Project Thread, Updated 3/17/2008

Written By: skittlesking on 03/17/08 at 12:54 am

http://www.amiright.com/performances/items/performances_1205727260.shtml

Broken (My parody of Frozen by Madonna of the Epic 40) is recorded as seen above.

It's currently available at.  . .
AmIRight
Badave
Soundclick
Vocalo

Written By: ThaConqueror on 03/17/08 at 5:10 am

I wouldn't mind seeing some more of my stuff recorded. Wouldn't have a clue where to find backing tracks, but as a general idea for which ones I'd like to see, er, hear - how about any ones with a majority of 555's (and it's NOT just one vote)? Just as a general idea. Although I'll let you call the shots on which ones you'd prefer to record, of course.

Written By: Friend from HR Block on 03/17/08 at 11:24 am

Dave,  could you consider redoing that "This One Camp Trip" parody now that you are using awesome tracks?  I don't know whose that was, but I liked that one when you brought it to work.

Subject: Re: Badave Project Thread, Updated 3/18/2008

Written By: malibumike65 on 03/25/08 at 1:44 pm

Dave, I'm toying with the idea of recording some of my parodies. I made a test run at "I Was So Wasted" but the level differences were all over the place. Some parts (like the low drawls in some places) are countered by the parts of the song that require more powerful singing. All I have to record with is a "movie maker" program I have on my 'puter, and recording is done in "live" mode with no control of the volume levels. Volume level considerations aside, it wasn't a bad first attempt, but I'll have to try again to get a copy I would be happy with. I have copies of some original ditties I wrote & recorded in the 90s on a home karaoke machine with nothing but my Telecaster and a cheap keyboard I own with a drum machine built in, and if I can find a way to transfer some of this music from cassette to mp3, I can show that I have overcome this "analog" nightmare in the past. (Although my latest parody may not see the light of day. Trying to sing like Freddy Mercury would probably require testicular surgery after the fact, as the high notes he used to hit sounds like they could cause an untrained singer to bust a nut.lol) But I might try to record a few more from my list. If you're interested, I would like to put "I Was So Wasted" on badave.com when I finally have a copy that I'm happy with. Sign me up. :)

Written By: skittlesking on 03/25/08 at 4:27 pm

Dave, I'm toying with the idea of recording some of my parodies. I made a test run at "I Was So Wasted" but the level differences were all over the place. Some parts (like the low drawls in some places) are countered by the parts of the song that require more powerful singing. All I have to record with is a "movie maker" program I have on my 'puter, and recording is done in "live" mode with no control of the volume levels. Volume level considerations aside, it wasn't a bad first attempt, but I'll have to try again to get a copy I would be happy with. I have copies of some original ditties I wrote & recorded in the 90s on a home karaoke machine with nothing but my Telecaster and a cheap keyboard I own with a drum machine built in, and if I can find a way to transfer some of this music from cassette to mp3, I can show that I have overcome this "analog" nightmare in the past. (Although my latest parody may not see the light of day. Trying to sing like Freddy Mercury would probably require testicular surgery after the fact, as the high notes he used to hit sounds like they could cause an untrained singer to bust a nut.lol) But I might try to record a few more from my list. If you're interested, I would like to put "I Was So Wasted" on badave.com when I finally have a copy that I'm happy with. Sign me up. :)

Absolutely, badave is open to everyone so I can certainly help there.  If there's anything specific you struggle with let me know, I can probably help as I am absolutely addicted to recording.  More importantly, I am going to suggest downloading "Audacity" . . . it's a 100% free music software program, but it will help you tremendously in your ventures until you can afford a full fledge program. . .if you decide to do that (some people like Audacity so much that they never do get other software--I did until about 6 months ago when I got Music Maker)  Good luck buddy. . .if you need help as to how to get on badave.com, or if you need me to host the files for you PM me, I'd be happy to help.

Written By: malibumike65 on 03/26/08 at 12:14 am

Thanks Dave, I'd appreciate any help you can give. I tried to download Audacity from the net, but got a red shield showing for the download. Having had my computer previously infected by ignoring such warnings, I opted to not download it for now. I just figured out tonight how to transfer some of the original songs I wrote in the 90s onto my computer from cassette to mp3 files. If I can figure out how, I'll e-mail you a couple of the songs to show you how I recorded live back then. Seeing that some were recorded with many overdubs, and having nothing more to work with except a cheap karaoke cassette machine back then, background hiss is unavoidable, but despite this, I think I did alright controlling the audio levels. Tell me what you think. (Sorry for the "AM Radio" quality though. Gotta consider the source. Also the music fades in on some songs, so having your hand on the volume button is recommended for the first 5 secs of some songs) If I can find a suitable recording program, I might even be able to attempt to record my own backing music, but moneys tight at the moment. I've seen music recording software at a local computer store for around $50, so I might try to see if that is the answer to my prayers. If not, I'll just try to make the most of "Live" recording, but truthfully, it would be a gas to try recording digitally with multi tracks. I'll keep trying to get one of my parodies recorded, and if it happens, you'll be the first to know Dave. (Well, actually the second. I'll be the first. ;D) Thanks again Dave.

Written By: skittlesking on 03/26/08 at 7:19 pm

Thanks Dave, I'd appreciate any help you can give. I tried to download Audacity from the net, but got a red shield showing for the download. Having had my computer previously infected by ignoring such warnings, I opted to not download it for now. I just figured out tonight how to transfer some of the original songs I wrote in the 90s onto my computer from cassette to mp3 files. If I can figure out how, I'll e-mail you a couple of the songs to show you how I recorded live back then. Seeing that some were recorded with many overdubs, and having nothing more to work with except a cheap karaoke cassette machine back then, background hiss is unavoidable, but despite this, I think I did alright controlling the audio levels. Tell me what you think. (Sorry for the "AM Radio" quality though. Gotta consider the source. Also the music fades in on some songs, so having your hand on the volume button is recommended for the first 5 secs of some songs) If I can find a suitable recording program, I might even be able to attempt to record my own backing music, but moneys tight at the moment. I've seen music recording software at a local computer store for around $50, so I might try to see if that is the answer to my prayers. If not, I'll just try to make the most of "Live" recording, but truthfully, it would be a gas to try recording digitally with multi tracks. I'll keep trying to get one of my parodies recorded, and if it happens, you'll be the first to know Dave. (Well, actually the second. I'll be the first. ;D) Thanks again Dave.

Depending on when the 'hissing' start, I may be able to reduce that. . .

Check for new replies or respond here...