inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Redneck Mba

Written By: Matthias on 04/18/08 at 12:19 am

All of Redneck Mba's recordings on the front page for about 3 weeks now have not been song parodies, but improv over the original song, and I don't think that these should be considered song parodies for Amiright. He's doing far too many of them for us to overlook it, because the entire Recording section will soon be solely Redneck Mba. Something has to be done about this.

Subject: Re: Redneck Mba

Written By: skittlesking on 04/18/08 at 12:33 am

Ironically, this same discussion is going on elsewhere too.  We are discussing ideas to separate parody recordings from original works and Non-Parody (such as improv) recordings, At this time--I've done my best to filter it down to one per day as he is actually submitting several a day.  I'm not sure what the best way to handle this situation is, I haven't denied any because Chucky's site allows music humor in the recording section, which until this hadn't been a problem, but now the idea to have two separate sections (which BTW Chucky, I'd be willing to be the editor for both, and if you set it up I will submit all non-parody recordings that are in the current section which I assume would become parody recordings only to the newly created one)

I'd hate to shoo away someone who has not really broken the rules, but his stuff is. . .well it's all the same, and it's not really parody in the sense the site aims at.  A separate sections for non-parody/original work would keep his stuff separate without kicking him off, and it can go underneath the written parody section without moving the parody recordings section.  I don't know, it's up to you, and as your recording editor I will do whatever is needed of me to facilitate whatever change takes place, but it does appear to be a problem that may be affecting traffic for recording parodists.

Check for new replies or respond here...