inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Parody Idea.

Written By: tomario on 04/18/08 at 6:07 pm

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2b/Hannah_Montana_Logo.PNG/220px-Hannah_Montana_Logo.PNG

Hi all,
i had an idea to do a parody, but as i started i soon realised that the subject matter was beyond me.  :D(I'm English mid-orties and have no Tweenagers in the house!)
So i am offering it up to anyone who would like to take it on.
Please pm me if/when it's posted  :)

Song:- Dirty Diana
Subject:- Hanna Montana

I got the first two lines:-

"You'll never make me pay
So take your face off of tv
"

And the Chorus:-

"Hannah Montana , nah
wears a bandana , nah
Hannah Montana , no
Plays a piana ...
Let me be!
"

Please feel free to post any song/ Subject combo's you'd like to see parodied and maybe it will inspire one of the many talented Parodiers on the site to take it on!

Subject: Re: Parody Idea.

Written By: nally on 04/18/08 at 6:49 pm

I'd like to help you out on this, since I know a lot about HM (I've been watching the show a lot) but the OS is one I know cold (I've only heard it maybe once or twice). Think you can incorporate "Sweet nibblets" in there anywhere? (since that's a phrase that's uttered in just about every episode, most times by the title character)

Written By: tomario on 04/19/08 at 7:53 am

Thanks nally here's a link to the you tube Video. Dirty Diana

What about the 3rd and 4th lines ?

"you put your sweet nibbletts
up were the sun can't see"

Written By: nally on 04/19/08 at 12:25 pm

^that's not quite what I meant. It's like an interjection...you know, like "gosh darnit!" or "aww shucks!"

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/21/08 at 7:56 am

^that's not quite what I meant. It's like an interjection...you know, like "gosh darnit!" or "aww shucks!"

Still, that works, IMHO.  ;D
("Sweet nibletts"?! :o Can they say that on a Disney program?  ;D)

Points to consider for your parody:
Miley Ray Cyrus is the daughter of Billy Ray "Achy Breaky Heart" Cyrus (would she even be as big as she is without her daddy's in-famy?)
HM wears a blond wig onstage, is a brunette offstage...similar to Clark Kent hiding behind glasses when not Superman.

Written By: Matthias on 04/21/08 at 9:22 am

What I would love to see is a parody of "Achy Breaky Heart" about Hannah Montana.

(Heh, heh, heh... I liked the Superman/ Hannah Montana comparison Aggy)

Check for new replies or respond here...