inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Agrimorfee Performance on vocalo.org rolling thread...

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/29/08 at 11:28 am

I'll use this thread to pimp my performances/recordings on www.vocalo.org. Veterans know that Below Average Dave and Jeff Reuben have contributed performances to this Chicago-based public radio online radio station in the past, and I will do the same as my time and guts allow.

Find Official Transmission #1 here, as performed a capella through my cell phone (which may be my sole method of recording for the unforeseen future)
http://vocalo.org/search/node/agrimorfee

Subject: Re: Agrimorfee Performance on vocalo.org rolling thread...

Written By: Matthias on 04/29/08 at 2:56 pm

Not bad... But it would be better if you used backing tracks so we can have some much to follow along with. It would probably help you out too.

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/29/08 at 4:13 pm

Not bad... But it would be better if you used backing tracks so we can have some much to follow along with. It would probably help you out too.

$$ for backing tracks and recording equipment, and time devoted to the process, are just not in my immediate future.  :-[

Written By: Guest on 05/02/08 at 2:54 pm

I'll use this thread to pimp my performances/recordings on www.vocalo.org. Veterans know that Below Average Dave and Jeff Reuben have contributed performances to this Chicago-based public radio online radio station in the past, and I will do the same as my time and guts allow.

Find Official Transmission #1 here, as performed a capella through my cell phone (which may be my sole method of recording for the unforeseen future)
http://vocalo.org/search/node/agrimorfee

Don't quit your day job. This is quite amatuerish

Written By: Red Ant on 05/02/08 at 3:04 pm

$$ for backing tracks and recording equipment, and time devoted to the process, are just not in my immediate future.  :-Ant

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/02/08 at 5:20 pm

Don't quit your day job. This is quite amatuerish

This was done on the spur of the moment, in my house, while I was tending to a 13 month-old child. I don't profess to be Weird Al, but I do have a reasonably good singing voice, and while I have done better in a recording mode, I think this was passable. And it's all for fun anyway.

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/02/08 at 5:22 pm

Well, you already recorded it, so you've got the basic equipment...That wasn't bad considering it was done through a cell phone.

Ant

But you see, that was performed and recorded live through my cellphone to vocalo.org... not pre-recorded at all.

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/09/08 at 11:28 am

Added "Penguin Dream" and "Jameskurtjoycecobain #1: L. Bloom".
http://vocalo.org/everybody/users/Agrimorfee

Vocalo host Jesse invited me to call in live to her show, but I don't know when, if ever, I would be able to do so.

Check for new replies or respond here...