inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Reel Big Stove

Written By: Matthias on 05/04/08 at 2:20 pm

I'm hearby giving up finishing the Mr. Bungle "Mr. Bungle" album, because I have another idea that I want to work with.... Parodying another band that everybody hates, but I for one LOVE!!! And not being able to find a "Greatest Hits" CD that I actually like I instead am going to collect of 15 Reel Big Fish songs that I like and parody those, creating my own "Greatest Hits" CD. Screw you record companies.

Here are the songs...

1. "Trendy"
2. "I Want Your Girlfriend To Be My Girlfriend"
3. "Beer"
4. "Sell Out"
5. "She Has A Girlfriend Now"
6. "Everything Sucks"
7. "The Set Up (You Need This)"
8. "Thank You For Not Moshing"
9. "The Kids Don't Like It"
10. "Everything Is Cool"
11. "Good Thing"
12. "Ban The Tube Top"
13. "Where Have You Been?"
14. "Don't Start A Band"
15. "Party Down"

Subject: Re: Happy Ska-idays!!! (A Reel Big Fish Album Parody)

Written By: Matthias on 05/04/08 at 2:26 pm

The List

6. "Valentine's Sucks": http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/reelbigfish5.shtml
15. "Donald Duck": http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/reelbigfish3.shtml

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/05/08 at 7:42 am

A reference guide that may be handy for you on this project.

http://www.holidays.net/

(FWIW, Matty, I don't hate the band--I guess I just don't cotton too well to third wave ska... :-X)

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/05/08 at 9:16 am

The songs "Give It To Me", and "One Hit Wonderland" aren't on Youtube...  (I don't really know HOW the fishboys think that these two songs belong on their greatest hits record if Fishfans such as me don't even know about them). Oh well.... I might have to buy the CD (Which I was planning on getting anyways to parody those songs).

Might have been B-sides...sometimes so-called "greatest hits" compilations are thrown together by the record companies without any input from the artists,(note Guns n Roses' issue with their GH album...and one particular band whose name unfortunately escapes me made their own "greatest hits" album by rerecording every song that they felt was "greatest hits" and independantly released it at a small profit...)

Written By: Claude_Prez on 05/08/08 at 9:33 pm

Hi.  Just popping in to mention that RBF's version of "Hungry Like The Wolf" is possibly my favorite cover of all time.  Also, "Cake On Me" would be a good birthday parody.  k, I'll disappear again now.

Subject: Re: Reel Big Stove

Written By: Matthias on 01/15/09 at 8:10 am

Changed the idea on this one, but still going to run with the album.

Subject: Re: Reel Big Stove

Written By: Matthias on 01/15/09 at 8:48 pm

I need to come up with parodies for "Beer", "She's Got A Girlfriend Now", and "Take On Me", because I got instrumental backing tracks for those three.

Check for new replies or respond here...